Major computer start up problems

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Major computer start up problems

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Mar 14, 12 2:27 pm

Everytime I start or restart my computer, it seems to start as usual untill it gets to the "Starting windows..." screen. After that the screen goes black, monitor goes to sleep, and computer restarts. After it restarts it shows me the start up recovery screen (or whatever it's called in the English version, it's "Opstartherstel" for me) and I run that. When it's done it restarts again, the same thing happens. I have to repeat this untill I finally get to system recovery and set it back to the 12th of this month, that's the only point it still starts normally.

So a few questions,

1. How do I make sure that recovery point stays? I don't want it to go cause I wont be able to start up anymore

2. How can I force system recovery in the first place without the start up recovery attempting to fix it first (and failing)?

3. Any idea wtf is going on?

Any answers would be appreciated. Starting to get stressed. Don't have any back up laptops or devices to get on the internet.

I have Windows 7 by the way
Thanks

too long; didn't read my computer wont start up unless I do system restore to 1 specific restore point, all others don't work.
Last edited by Mastakilla on Wed Mar 14, 12 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Mar 14, 12 3:00 pm

Figured it out, also starts in safe mode but that wasn't on default options. Initially pressing F8 wasn't working but it seems alright now.

Anyone able to advise me some programs to run?

I've tried running spyware doctor and avast antivirus but at a late point in the scans I get a blue screen...

If I need to post any logs let me know.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Siva » Wed Mar 14, 12 3:12 pm

HijackThis Log please
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Shinobi » Wed Mar 14, 12 8:33 pm

U use AVG mate?? I've had this problem with AVG updates and windows updates.

No-brainer and sorry to insult ur intelligence but have ya figured out what ya did on the 12th of the month???
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Mar 14, 12 8:46 pm

I finally managed to get a scan running without getting a bluescreen with spyware doctor, only a quick scan though. But it found 14 infections and cleaned them. Apart from one, GAC_32\Desktop.ini

It wont let itself get deleted but it's getting blocked everytime it tries to launch itself which is about every 30 min. PC starts up normally now but I'll still have to figure out how to remove it.

Will post a Hijack This log later when I'm done with more scans (Hijack This will be one of them)

Yeah I used AVG! Not anymore though. Always thought it was reliable but... No.
I do remember what I did on the 12th, I got a pop up from AVG saying it had detected a trojan, I clicked move to quarantine and seconds after some annoying shit happened. Some program started up and showed some shit entirely in German, what I could make out of it is that I had to enter my bank details and pay €100 for something. I didn't do it ofcourse, ran in safemode and SOMEHOW managed to get rid. Obviously not entirely and/or properly though. It's okay to to doubt my limited computer knowledge, don't worry about offending me :lol:
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Aidan » Fri Mar 16, 12 3:47 am

AVG is trash.

Only good AV are MSE, and Kaspersky. All else are horrible, or decent at best.

If you keep running into issues, just restore your computer m8
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Shinobi » Fri Mar 16, 12 4:48 am

I'd love to help but since these startup issues can be so varied I'd have to physically be there.

I've got something which helped me but its very involved and if its wrong you'll be cursing me. Plus I cba to explain the process in case it IS wrong but I'll find a link in the morning kk.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Fri Mar 16, 12 1:13 pm

Aidan wrote:AVG is trash.

Only good AV are MSE, and Kaspersky. All else are horrible, or decent at best.

If you keep running into issues, just restore your computer m8

Yeah I got the computer starting up normally now, there's still some weird shit going on but I'mma back all my important stuff up and reinstal Windows 7. Fixing it would require more effort then that I imagine.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby ynnaD » Fri Mar 16, 12 1:32 pm

I always like Avast as good virus protection.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Shinobi » Fri Mar 16, 12 2:13 pm

^ Wouldn't recommend it.

Personally I reckon if you're careful and not totally naive (can tell the difference between fake and obvious error messages etc) then you'll never need more than MSE.

Good luck.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Siva » Fri Mar 16, 12 3:02 pm

NOD32, Kapersky

I wouldn't go with anything else
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Tantalus » Fri Mar 16, 12 5:17 pm

Protocol wrote:NOD32, Kaspersky

They're great. If you have 32GB of RAM.

Avast has a tiny footprint, works well, is not invasive at all (apart from telling you when it's updating its database) and pretty damn cheap.
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby ynnaD » Fri Mar 16, 12 5:22 pm

Tantalus wrote:
Protocol wrote:NOD32, Kaspersky

They're great. If you have 32GB of RAM.

Avast has a tiny footprint, works well, is not invasive at all (apart from telling you when it's updating its database) and pretty damn cheap.

Free even if you like, the free version is still sufficient in my eyes
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Hanover Fist » Fri Mar 16, 12 7:37 pm

Is Ad Aware reliable? It's free.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Return to Gaming and Technology