Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Postby James » Thu Mar 15, 12 8:50 pm

Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition has been officially announced, and will be arriving in Summer 2012. While there were no details about the game revealed with the announcement, we can only assume it will be Baldur’s Gate with enhanced graphics, improved gameplay elements and hopefully – extra content. More details about the game should arrive soon, in the meantime you can check out a mirror of the announcement image here.

A countdown over at BaldursGate.com has revealed that Atari and Beamdog intend to produce an enhanced edition of the original game for release this year. Some tweets from a Beamdog employee suggest that the game will feature new content by some of the original team, and will also contain the Tales Of The Sword Coast expansion. We’ll try and find out a few more details soon.

http://i.imgur.com/UcGEo.jpg
Last edited by James on Thu Mar 15, 12 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Thu Mar 15, 12 10:29 pm

It'll be interesting to see how Baldur's Gate looks with a more modern set of graphics under it's belt. As for the "improved" gameplay? Eh, I'm a bit iffy on that. If they dumb it down to please the masses then I'll be disappointed.

[e] There's a few people who want the game to have it's ruleset updated, some of the basis that "THAC0 IS HARD!!!". Thoughts? The ruleset isn't that complicated, and they've always dumbed it down for the CRPG versions.
Last edited by Psychotic on Sun Mar 18, 12 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Return to Gaming and Technology