Playstation Orbis

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Playstation Orbis

Postby or 1=1 » Wed Mar 28, 12 6:58 pm

Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Postby ynnaD » Wed Mar 28, 12 7:34 pm

It looks like an alarm clock
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Mar 28, 12 7:36 pm

Why must they stop me playing my preowned games :(
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Mar 28, 12 7:37 pm

Spiderbot01 wrote:Why must they stop me playing my preowned games :(

Money.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Mar 28, 12 7:43 pm

James wrote:
Spiderbot01 wrote:Why must they stop me playing my preowned games :(

Money.

I've only bought like 4 games full price. Might move over to PC :(
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Siva » Wed Mar 28, 12 8:13 pm

Atta boy.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Aidan » Wed Mar 28, 12 8:13 pm

This is going to KILL Sony. What a bad idea.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Tantalus » Wed Mar 28, 12 8:59 pm

No backwards compatibility for PS3 games?

Shame PS3 had no games. rimshot.mp3

Honestly, Sony has lost al idea of what made the PS1 and PS2 such raging successes and have suffered with 'second product syndrome' (or in this case, third and fourth).

Literally no reason to stick with Sony now.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Thu Mar 29, 12 4:51 pm

Abandon consoles forever.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby or 1=1 » Fri Mar 30, 12 9:12 pm

Gamestop announced they will not sell PS4 in their shops if sony will block used games.

"It's not in the interests of Sony or Microsoft to block used games. Who will get benefits from this will be EA, Activision and so on... but it will only hurt Gamestop. If Sony made this decision unilateraly I suppose Gamestop will not sell their consoles and their sales will suffer by this.
If one do it and the others don't, who'll do it will loose market shares. None of the 3 great console producers (Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo) is so stupid to do it alone but we don't think they gonna be so evil to do it all togheter."

Translation by or 1=1
Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Postby Siva » Fri Mar 30, 12 9:42 pm

Gamestop aren't going to have much choice because the Xbox won't work with used games either
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby lfcjake » Sat Mar 31, 12 3:57 am

Consoles are getting worse.
| Justice for the 96 |
Steam: lfcjake
lfcjake
Wannabe

Postby Shinobi » Sat Mar 31, 12 10:38 am

James wrote:Abandon consoles forever.

+1

Saying that... PC gaming will go the same way. I get why it's needed, I'm guilty of software piracy (serial software piracy I suppose), although I tend to buy indie games and games I really like. I forked out enough for DX:HR pre-order, for example. I also tend to pay for PC-only titles in my own little attempt to keep things ticking over (Crysis 1, anyone?).

BUT.... fuck sake. EVERYTHING in life is getting so damn restricted and fucking.... ARGH. Pissed off at the world moment.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Psychotic » Sat Mar 31, 12 12:05 pm

Their methods are extremely draconic and rather knee-jerk, in my opinion.

They don't like the used-games market so they decide to block access to this entire industry. They want you to spend more money to play individual PS3 or PS2 games, as well, so no backwards compatibility.

All they're doing is alienating the people who've played and loved their consoles for years (I'm not one of them, by the way).

The complaints made by developers and companies like Sony or Nintendo towards the used-games market is, in my opinion, absolutely pathetic. I'm sure that the companies who make furniture or computers hate seeing their work and effort being sold on eBay but guess what, it happens, and they don't bitch nearly as much as these self-entitled (oh yes, I'm using that word here) ignorant developers do.

Make good games and maybe we'd be less inclined to buy them second-hand. Remove DRM and maybe we'd be less inclined to pirate them, too. See, if they did a little bit of research and tried a little bit to understand they'd find they'd save so much more money a year than they do now.

/rant
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Shinobi » Sat Mar 31, 12 12:25 pm

I don't see how removing DRM would make anybody more likely to buy game. Those of us who pirate out of principle or hatred for a certain company's MO (which, let's face it, isn't many of us.... I think?) would probably start buying games. BUT... at the end of the day we pirate cause we're skint. Or is that just me?

Knee-jerk indeed. They see a hole in their revenue stream and BLAM! they plug it. Whereas - with a bit of thought - they could expand on it, utilise the hole, find new ways of keeping customers with them. Grr I know what I'm trying to say but I suck at expressing myself sometimes.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Psychotic » Sat Mar 31, 12 12:53 pm

It wouldn't stop piracy, but it may reduce it. I don't think there's any harm in trying, since ultimately, even if it doesn't stop piracy the only people who suffer from DRM are the legit users anyway. Pirates don't suffer from DRM because they don't even deal with it.

I honestly don't see any harm in trying because if it works then they'll be gaining something and if it doesn't then they've lost nothing they never actually had to begin with.
Last edited by Psychotic on Sat Mar 31, 12 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Shinobi » Sat Mar 31, 12 4:42 pm

True. They're NEVER gonna beat piracy so may as well make life as easy as possible (and as rewarding as possible I suppose) for those who support the industry by purchasing stuff legitimately... is that what you're saying or am I getting wires crossed again?
Shinobi
Master

Return to Gaming and Technology