Your favourite non-PC platform for videogames in this generation

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Favourite?

Poll ended at Tue May 29, 12 12:15 pm

Nintendo DS
38%
Sony PSP
15%
Microsoft Xbox 360
8%
Nintendo Wii
No votes
Sony Playstation 3
15%
Apple iOS
No votes
Google Android
8%
OnLive
15%

Total votes : 13

Your favourite non-PC platform for videogames in this generation

Postby James » Fri Mar 30, 12 12:15 pm

Vote. These are prominent platforms of videogames this generation in a (sort of) order of release/recognition as a videogame platform. Please be serious.

Windows and Mac OS omitted.
Last edited by James on Fri Mar 30, 12 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Fri Mar 30, 12 12:23 pm

PSP as a stand-alone console was poor, i only realised its true potential after sticking some custom firmware on it.

I loved the DS

But i think we all know what my vote went too. :oops:
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Fri Mar 30, 12 12:27 pm

Did it go to my hamhanded option of Facebook before I decided that was PC?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Fri Mar 30, 12 12:32 pm

OnLive because it's the closest to PC, I don't use consoles (or anything not PC) for gaming at all and haven't for quite a few years.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Fri Mar 30, 12 4:37 pm

Hah, the only "consoles" I've ever owned have all been Nintendo.

I voted DS but that's namely because it's the only thing I actually own. I can't vote for or against the Xbox 360 or the PS3 as I've played with both, though the latter sufficiently more of. I like games from both consoles but find that the PS3 has more games I do like, and that's purely because of the exclusive bullshit.

Frankly though, I'm simply not impressed by much of the console generation.
Last edited by Psychotic on Fri Mar 30, 12 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Shinobi » Fri Mar 30, 12 6:36 pm

Hmm, interesting poll.

I chose Android purely because (with varying degrees of faffing about) you can play many retro console games on it, from Atari 2600 all the way up to PSX (and probably further, although perhaps not yet). And bugs get ironed out fairly sharpish due to it being open source, and anyone who is anyone can make apps and original game for it. Some of which are fucking addictive. But more on that another day!

Never owned a PS3 or 360, although I must say being (very briefly) a former PSX owner, I tended to side with PS3 in arguments. BUT... lately I've had a bit of a bash on Fallout: New Vegas and Batman Arkham city on the 360, and quite liked it. Massive controllers aside :-p

Personally I find the DS and PSP to be gimmick consoles, and not truly consoles. They're good for a giggle or casual gaming on-the-move, but that isn't my "thang". I'll say it before you do - I know android is the same, but it has never claimed to be a gaming platform, or attracted high prices like "dedicated" devices (cough-psp-cough) do. Ya can get GTA III for android for under a fiver I think.

EDIT: Forgot the Wii... initially thought it was SHIT. But after playing Guitar Hero World Tour on it, I'm in love. Actually, it's still shit, but I suppose I should stop putting it in the same class as the 360 or PS3.

We need way more votes to make this representative.

I'd like to hijack this for five and ask a few questions:

#1: What do you guys think will be the next MAJOR development in non-PC gaming over the next few years?

#2: Do you (truly) believe that PC gaming has a sustainable future?? I worry sometimes that it won't.

Feel free to ignore me, I know it's off topic, but kinda related...
Last edited by Shinobi on Fri Mar 30, 12 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby James » Tue Apr 03, 12 5:03 pm

I assume Nintendo DS is the fan favourite then?, great choice. It would have been my vote but I for one voted for the Sony PS3, because of the amount of games that have came out in recent years that finally made it a worthwhile console.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Poor » Tue Apr 03, 12 9:54 pm

I only a DS and a PSP so I would have to say the PSP. It's library was pretty decent. Custom Firmware was fun. Pirating games was easy, it was great for poor bastards.
Poor
Poster

Postby RedDynasty » Wed Apr 04, 12 12:23 am

Dispite not having one but played one ( my friend let me for a while) i choose DS.
The others i dont like and i would never go for the consoles ( pc all the way baby!)
Last edited by RedDynasty on Wed Apr 04, 12 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your not a gamer until you played this.
RedDynasty
Wannabe

Return to Gaming and Technology