ARTS / MOBA aughh

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

ARTS / MOBA aughh

Postby Siva » Tue May 08, 12 1:59 pm

I quit

DOTA2 has the most abysmal matchmaking known to man. You either play with your friends and roll pubs which isn't fun, or you play with pubs and get rolled because your team are retarded which isn't fun.

The game itself? Great.

LoL? Runes/Masteries/Generic Heroes. Enough said.

HoN was great. Excellent matchmaking, brilliant heroes, actually improved on DOTA. This is BETA HoN I speak of. Then they made it P2P, everyone disappeared (Gee I wonder why), then they made it F2P, which was great, except for the new heroes they introduced which completely unbalance the game and require money to be paid for them.

I'm not even going to try Super MNC.

I give up with this genre and the god awful community that surrounds it.

Now I only have one video game I actually like left to play. Looks like I'm on my way out.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby James » Tue May 08, 12 2:25 pm

Try entering competitive leagues on your skill level for Dota2.

Maybe you should stick to 1v1 games like RTS/Fighters.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Siva » Tue May 08, 12 3:04 pm

I might do that.

I would if there was an RTS I enjoyed. Maybe I will pick up SC2. I'll go see if the CoH community has finally died yet, I loved that game. And SF will always be in my heart, that's not going anywhere
//..
Siva

Postby James » Tue May 08, 12 3:13 pm

If I had more time I'd enter below diamond level cups for SC2 fo' sure. ESL should host these for SC2/DotA if you look about.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Tue May 08, 12 4:55 pm

I honestly can't get into any DOTA game because whilst I love the gameplay itself, I hate the community.

It's ultimately a multiplayer game. If I can't enjoy and be accepted by the community of that game then I really can't enjoy it and since every DOTA-type game has a fucking horrible community filled with the most elitist faggots I've ever seen in a gaming community, I really can't be bothered getting better.

It sucks because I really love playing the games themselves but why bother? They're all heavily multiplayer-oriented and the community is a huge part of these games, but that same community doesn't exactly make you want to play. There's no reason for it. The amount of elitists on the average DOTA community is absolutely unreal and why? Why do people do this? Do you they really think they're better than you? Do half the people have some sort of superiority complex or are they just the most insecure community known to man?

Considering the amount of articles I've read where a DOTA elitist has had the shit beat out of him by people finding him in real life and giving him exactly what he asked for, I really think these people should reconsider their thinking patterns. I'll never have sympathy for these people, because if you act like a dick then expect to get goddamn burned eventually.
Last edited by Psychotic on Tue May 08, 12 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Siva » Thu May 10, 12 9:13 pm

DOTA and the Hotel California have very much in common
//..
Siva

Postby Psychotic » Thu May 10, 12 9:59 pm

I'll make sure never to start playing DOTA, then. :P
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Return to Gaming and Technology