Blizzard to shutdown the Diablo 3 Auction House

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Blizzard to shutdown the Diablo 3 Auction House

Postby Psychotic » Wed Sep 18, 13 1:33 am

Blizzard wrote:When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.

Blizzard wrote:Please note that the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

As much as I like the change (and many of the upcoming changes) I feel that it's too little, too late. I still got my money's worth from the game but I got even more out of Torchlight 2, personally.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Re: Blizzard to shutdown the Diablo 3 Auction House

Postby Aidan » Wed Sep 18, 13 5:14 am

Magniir wrote:I feel that it's too little, too late.

I completely agree with this. Many people have gotten their use (if not FULL use) out of the auction house.

i.e.

Dad: Here's a car son!

Son: Thanks dad!

*10 years later*

Dad: Son, I'm gonna need that car back.

Son: Sure.
Last edited by Aidan on Wed Sep 18, 13 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Psychotic » Wed Sep 18, 13 7:35 am

From my perspective it'll be alright when Loot 2.0 comes out as, at least for people on the console version, the loot is much better now.

I will consider getting the expansion, if for the class alone, just to go through again on HC.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Return to Gaming and Technology