Civilization: Beyond Earth

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Postby Aidan » Sun Apr 13, 14 12:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2grKk4Fv0k

Going to be absolutely wicked me thinks

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth

Postby James » Sun Apr 13, 14 12:14 am

Sort of excited, pretty good move from 4axis but one thing concerns me about the game because Alpha Centauri was so balanced at its original state, the patches and expansions sort of ruined that. Wonder how they're going to do it with its successor here.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sun Apr 13, 14 12:39 am

Yeah, and I really hope it doesn't flop and go in the same direction C&C did.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Siva » Fri Feb 20, 15 2:52 am

Was it any good?
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Psychotic » Fri Feb 20, 15 11:20 pm

Not really, if you ask me.

It was basically Civ 5 but much blander. Worst part about the game for me was the horrid colour scheme.

Civ 5 has a lot of contrast between the landscape and the units making everything pretty easy to see. It can get cluttered and noisy but that's not the same as lacking contrast.

Beyond Earth on the other hand hurt my eyes to play, I found myself constantly squinting.

It has this feature called "miasma" that is on random titles and hurts your units as you walk across it. Certain upgrades can remove it and depending on the path you take you can prevent yourself from taking damage by it at all without tech.

Miasma is this light blue-green gaslike substance on the map, which is fine until you realise everything is a blue-grey colour. Units, the landscape, the resources, the cities, the labels of the cities. Everything is washed with blue. I couldn't fucking see anything, it was painful to play.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Return to Gaming and Technology