[SUGGESTION] Join alpha board

If you have problems with logging in please use the password recovery procedure.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[SUGGESTION] Join alpha board

Postby Tonnochi » Sat Jan 26, 08 4:04 pm

Why don't you just lock the board?
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Sat Jan 26, 08 6:22 pm

Because when people like Raiden and Vondun join it's an exception. :wink:

Recruiting was closed, however we're always looking for talented and ambitious people. What you can offer is good attitude, knowledge and willingness to co-operate with other members of the clan. In return, Alpha will provide you with ability to improve your gameplaying or moding skills and to use them in practice. To join us you have to post a new topic in the forum called "Join alpha" (you have to be registered and logged in first). Please, specify the following details in your application:
Last edited by Kaiden on Sat Jan 26, 08 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby or 1=1 » Sat Jan 26, 08 6:24 pm

They leave the board open for others "exception" that would like to join

OffTopic:

Is nick was Vodunloas, he changed it because everyone write it wrong :lol:
Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Postby Survive. » Sat Jan 26, 08 6:50 pm

From Vodunloas into Aquashock? People will probibaly get conused with Aqua as in Acwa :P
Survive.
Master

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Wed Jan 30, 08 7:55 am

They only let a selected few to join. :P Veterans and Skilled players
Last edited by ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ on Wed Jan 30, 08 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Legion » Wed Jan 30, 08 10:58 am

~[XPS]D-BLOCK~ wrote:They only let a selected few to join. :P Veterans and Skilled players

If they really do that, then not only are they retarded, they'll fail at keeping a forum running. 99% of dx consists of new players.
Death is often silent... But I Prefer making it loud and bloody.
CHECK OUT MY RADIO STATION: http://eternalnights.listen2myradio.com/
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Venom637
Legion
Regular

Postby Siva » Wed Jan 30, 08 11:22 am

Legion wrote:
~[XPS]D-BLOCK~ wrote:They only let a selected few to join. :P Veterans and Skilled players

If they really do that, then not only are they retarded, they'll fail at keeping a forum running. 99% of dx consists of new players.

Which is why they have OPEN RECRUITING TIMES, whilst it is CLOSED you have to be SPECIAL
Last edited by Siva on Wed Jan 30, 08 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Dae » Wed Jan 30, 08 11:32 am

Legion wrote:If they really do that, then not only are they retarded, they'll fail at keeping a forum running. 99% of dx consists of new players.

The forum is running fine... last time I checked :wink:

We're recruiting a "selected few" because there aren't many people who fit our minimal requirements. It doesn't matter how long have you been in the community, and I'd happily accept more newbies if they fit these requirements.

One of those requirements is being good at something — not necessarily gaming — it could be mapping, modding, modelling, graphical design, web-design, writing, etc. But everytime when I meet an applicant who calls himself a web-designer, he shows 2-3 ugly sketches in Photoshop. When I meet an applicant who calls himself a "mapper", he shows me a map that consists of a few cubes inaccurately linked together. What's most surprising, they're usually so proud that they have managed to do something, that they don't understand why I say "no".
Last edited by Dae on Wed Jan 30, 08 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Wed Jan 30, 08 1:17 pm

Of course, to join [A]lpha you must be skilled in your chosen area of expertise, whether it is fighting, coding, mapping, etc, everyone in [A]lpha is especially skilled at one thing, or they wouldn't be in Alpha.

IF we accepted every new player that joins the reputation of alpha would be ruined, we're happy they apply and glad they choose us, however if you had a clan and you weren't recruiting and the best fighter ever tried to join your clan, you would turn them down? xD

EDIT: Ah Dae has already posted it hehe.
Last edited by Kaiden on Wed Jan 30, 08 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Legion » Wed Jan 30, 08 8:46 pm

Dae[A] wrote:
Legion wrote:If they really do that, then not only are they retarded, they'll fail at keeping a forum running. 99% of dx consists of new players.

The forum is running fine... last time I checked :wink:

We're recruiting a "selected few" because there aren't many people who fit our minimal requirements. It doesn't matter how long have you been in the community, and I'd happily accept more newbies if they fit these requirements.

One of those requirements is being good at something — not necessarily gaming — it could be mapping, modding, modelling, graphical design, web-design, writing, etc. But everytime when I meet an applicant who calls himself a web-designer, he shows 2-3 ugly sketches in Photoshop. When I meet an applicant who calls himself a "mapper", he shows me a map that consists of a few cubes inaccurately linked together. What's most surprising, they're usually so proud that they have managed to do something, that they don't understand why I say "no".

Interesting....... :D i'm only good at one thing :(
Legion
Regular

Postby Psycho » Wed Jan 30, 08 9:52 pm

:jokes:Moaning?:/jokes: Like Kaiden is a Human dictionary, Alex is Einstine, Dae is the cool spambot :D, raiden is the 0wnbot, Aqua is the Web hosting super genious, etc
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Tonnochi » Thu Jan 31, 08 12:07 am

Deus Ex Alpha has been running before the creation of the Internet and will be here long after we're all dead my good sir.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby Legion » Thu Jan 31, 08 5:19 am

[FGS]Zeitgeist wrote:

Deus Ex Alpha has been running before the creation of the Internet and will be here long after we're all dead my good sir.

Actually when I posted, I didn't realise it was about A. Either misread the post, or I just didn't pay close enough attention to it to notice.
Also Psycho, in regards of the first part of this:
:jokes:Moaning?:/jokes: Like Kaiden is a Human dictionary, Alex is Einstine, Dae is the cool spambot , raiden is the 0wnbot, Aqua is the Web hosting super genious, etc

Go ram a corkscrew up your ass. You don't know me well enough to have any input as to what I'm good at. In fact, I think i've done better than you... I at least can do something that benefits the community.. you couldn't even keep a clan together.
Legion
Regular

Postby VodunLoas » Thu Jan 31, 08 7:11 am

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:Aqua is the Web hosting super genious

I did not know this. :?
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Thu Jan 31, 08 10:57 am

Legion wrote:
[FGS]Zeitgeist wrote:

Actually when I posted, I didn't realise it was about A. Either misread the post, or I just didn't pay close enough attention to it to notice.
Also Psycho, in regards of the first part of this:
:jokes:Moaning?:/jokes: Like Kaiden is a Human dictionary, Alex is Einstine, Dae is the cool spambot , raiden is the 0wnbot, Aqua is the Web hosting super genious, etc

Go ram a corkscrew up your ass. You don't know me well enough to have any input as to what I'm good at. In fact, I think i've done better than you... I at least can do something that benefits the community.. you couldn't even keep a clan together.

I don't think he noticed :/jokes: :wink:

Aqua you own that DX portal site right, and you host others too xD
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Jon » Thu Jan 31, 08 12:08 pm

You should take offense to the complete oversight of your mapping ability, Aqua ;)
Jon
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Thu Jan 31, 08 12:44 pm

To be fair I'm familiar with Aqua's work, but the only map I know by him is Necron, but I know he has down more. :oops:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Tonnochi » Thu Jan 31, 08 7:21 pm

Which he should release.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby VodunLoas » Thu Jan 31, 08 10:43 pm

Yeah you get the idea Zeit, most of my maps are incomplete. First map I released was DXMP_Warhead back when I was in DWK. I have also lost some good maps I have made. :x
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Thu Jan 31, 08 10:44 pm

AquaShock wrote:Yeah you get the idea Zeit, most of my maps are incomplete. First map I released was DXMP_Warhead back when I was in DWK. I have also lost some good maps I have made. :x

Was that the map with the Tactical guns on it?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Tonnochi » Thu Jan 31, 08 10:51 pm

AquaShock wrote:Yeah you get the idea Zeit, most of my maps are incomplete. First map I released was DXMP_Warhead back when I was in DWK. I have also lost some good maps I have made. :x

Still have LithCore, loved it. :D
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby VodunLoas » Thu Jan 31, 08 10:51 pm

To Cataclyzm: Nope. Only thing custom was one texture, which was embedded in the level.
Last edited by VodunLoas on Thu Jan 31, 08 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VodunLoas
Alpha

Return to Site and forum questions