Fixed/absolute width skins

If you have problems with logging in please use the password recovery procedure.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Fixed/absolute width skins

Postby James » Tue Mar 29, 11 9:48 pm

Is it possible you can install a skin that uses fixed widths for users who use browsers maximised on large monitors?

The only way I can correctly browse the forum these days is when I don't have my browser on full-screen, if I use a maximised window my posts look strange and I'm often having to put incorrect break space between my sentences because they look like paragraphs elsewhere e.g. this message box.

Of course this is broken with images or large letter spam breaks the page, if you can find one that forces the text to break or shrinks the images if it passes the width it'll be great.
Last edited by James on Tue Mar 29, 11 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Tue Mar 29, 11 10:18 pm

Installing a theme on this forum would be a PITA unfortunately, just because every modification for phpBB2 was a "hack" as people call it now. It was such a tiresome process that I even hired a guy to build this current version for us.

Actually I'm thinking of buying vBulletin. Upgrade shouldn't be a problem, the only thing is, again, to find time to find nice themes that don't give you a feel of mid-2000s. Many of them come in fluid and fixed width versions.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Dae » Tue Mar 29, 11 10:46 pm

Even though I could try making an existing one fixed :P Will try in a moment.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Dae » Wed Mar 30, 11 12:19 am

Enjoy :)

To anyone who wants to try a fixed version of c3s, go to your profile settings and change the "Board style" to c3sfixed.
Dae
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Mar 30, 11 6:59 am

Much better, thank you.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Mar 30, 11 7:11 am

Thanks!
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan