Server Issue

If you have problems with logging in please use the password recovery procedure.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Server Issue

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Fri May 12, 06 10:23 pm

My hoster is getting rid of his server as you probably know his hosting service went down about 6-8 months back and so he is letting his hostees die out. But he is getting a new server in California and has offered to move all our stuff to this new server. Everything should be as normal except for us admins. (We will be using Plesk instead of CPanel guys) Which I've never used so it something else I've gotta learn. :P 8) Anyway he expects this to be happening in about 4-5 days. He will let me know about 2 days in advance. Just giving you the heads up about the downtime. 8)
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby Allan » Sat May 13, 06 5:00 am

Good luck learning Plesk :)

Well, this imminent downtime might give me time for some DeusEx modding, or SA:MP(San Andreas: Mulltiplayer) coding :) Have fun with your new familiarisation :P
Allan
Alpha

Re: Server Issue

Postby Dae » Sat May 13, 06 9:18 am

~D[A]rren~ wrote:My hoster is getting rid of his server as you probably know his hosting service went down about 6-8 months back and so he is letting his hostees die out. But he is getting a new server in California and has offered to move all our stuff to this new server. Everything should be as normal except for us admins. (We will be using Plesk instead of CPanel guys) Which I've never used so it something else I've gotta learn. :P 8) Anyway he expects this to be happening in about 4-5 days. He will let me know about 2 days in advance. Just giving you the heads up about the downtime. 8)

Darren just please don't pay in advance. I plan to change the hoster in June to a proper company which uses cPanel (Plesk is much worse), which will not close itself some day and which doesn't change servers 5 times per year.
I have no idea how what will happen with loads of our site settings, e-mails, spam filters and planetdeusex.ru when we move to Plesk. Please ask him if it is possible for him to buy another cPanel server instead...
And how long will downtime last?
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Sat May 13, 06 10:45 am

He reckons that they will transfer everything for us. I will not be paying anymore money as we are payed up till June at least I think. He has to get rid of the server due to the company going down and everything going to this new server. Thats what he came on MSN to tell me that the new server is going to be Plesk. :? He never mentioned how long the downtime will be, but hes going to e-mail me 2 days in advance, then I will be asking questions. If you would like to contact him heres the address.

admin@collateralfx.net
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Mon May 15, 06 9:14 am

Spoke to Nanyo last night. He says he will make sure everything works and he expects downtime to be 12 hours, overnight USA 24 hours for DNS to kick in. So when I get his e-mail detailing the date, I will take the forums down for 24 hours. He also says sorry for pushing us into using Plesk.
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Fri May 19, 06 9:46 am

I was inclined to check my old e-mail address to see if Nanyo had sent any e-mails about this to there as Alex's sigs broke. I told him to e-mail my hotmail, but he didn't. I have these e-mails from him.

Code: Select all
Hello there,

We will be migrating all accounts to a new located in San Diego, California in the next 48 hours. We ask that you be patient while there is downtown, we ask that NO ONE alter their site in 24 hours from the date of this email. We will no longer be offering cPanel as our web hosting control panel, we apologize for this...our new control software will be Plesk 8. We hope this is a successful migration and we hope for the best from our clients.

Thanks,
CollateralFX Hosting Support

and another:

Code: Select all
Hello everyone,

We regret sending an email out about a day ago to our clients stating we will no longer offer cPanel as our hosting control panel. We will indeed have cPanel, please accept our apologizes. Additionally, we will have more peering routes to Europe and surrounding countrys for faster loading times for those users abroad. We would like to thank you for your cooperation on this.

Thanks again,
CollateralFX Hosting Support

Now it looks like this has been done. So apologies for anyone who has posted in the last 24 hours as it looks like these posts will not be on this new server.
Thanks for your co-operation.

Darren
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby Alex » Fri May 19, 06 9:48 am

My signature is broekn :cry:
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Fri May 19, 06 9:51 am

Something have already happened...
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Fri May 19, 06 9:59 am

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:Something have already happened...

I told him to e-mail my hotmail :(. Good news on CPanel tho?
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby Nanyo » Sat May 20, 06 7:32 am

Darren,

I didn't personally email your email. Those emails you got were automated messages sent out to every domain on our server, if you could please update your contact email in your cPanel that won't happen again. Guys, the new server is faster, faster, and even faster. We have moved to New York city instead of San Diego, California. WITH CPANEL!!!! The mySQL version has been upgraded to 4.1, php is the same. Any problems email me at admin@collateralfx.net or reply here.

Regards,
Nanyo :D
What? What if I don't want to leave one...
Nanyo

Postby Nanyo » Sat May 20, 06 7:38 am

Oh and also, another thing. You are paid up way past June, the first time you opened your account with us was on May 31st, 2005 as I remember you still aren't even expired from the first yearly payment, plus you renewed for another 6 months. Enjoy anything further. I'm sorry for switching servers so many times, please accept my apologizes.
Nanyo

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Sat May 20, 06 10:54 am

Nanyo wrote:Oh and also, another thing. You are paid up way past June, the first time you opened your account with us was on May 31st, 2005 as I remember you still aren't even expired from the first yearly payment, plus you renewed for another 6 months. Enjoy anything further. I'm sorry for switching servers so many times, please accept my apologizes.

Its ok now, thank you! :D

Edit: I've just got up, where the hell is the change e-mail option in cpanel?
Edit edit: W00t I found it :)
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sat May 20, 06 1:59 pm

Hey Nanyo, THANKS for moving to cPanel server
:smt049 to ya
Dae
Alpha

Postby Nanyo » Sat May 20, 06 10:50 pm

You're welcome, and if there are any problems just email me or reply here. Also, I am glad I got a cPanel server also.
Nanyo

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Sun May 21, 06 12:33 pm

Nanyo wrote:You're welcome, and if there are any problems just email me or reply here. Also, I am glad I got a cPanel server also.

How come you got a cPanel server in the end then?
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby Nanyo » Sun May 21, 06 7:42 pm

~D[A]rren~ wrote:
Nanyo wrote:You're welcome, and if there are any problems just email me or reply here. Also, I am glad I got a cPanel server also.

How come you got a cPanel server in the end then?

Because I have partnered with a friend of mine, he owns the TheUpStream.com and we split the server, as well as us opening a GSP soon. LithicGaming.com -- Honestly, we just needed a more powerful server and we're sticking to a strict budget, so everything is just GREAT!

P.S. We could not get Fantastico, so I'm sorry if you guys used it but we will no longer have it.
Nanyo

Postby Dae » Sun May 21, 06 7:50 pm

Fantastico is that feature which installs popular scripts automatically? I don't know if we have ever used it. Even if we did, it ain't hard for us to install scripts manually :lol:

Edit: Nanyo, please, check private messages.
Last edited by Dae on Sun May 21, 06 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sun May 21, 06 8:07 pm

Yes it is Dae. I don't know how to download PHPBB2, upload it, run install.php, and fill in the information!
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sun May 21, 06 8:10 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:Yes it is Dae. I don't know how to download PHPBB2, upload it, run install.php, and fill in the information!

You're a disgrace to our administrators crew!! :P
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sun May 21, 06 8:21 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:
~[A]lex~ wrote:Yes it is Dae. I don't know how to download PHPBB2, upload it, run install.php, and fill in the information!

You're a disgrace to our administrators crew!! :P

I know... and...

MY SIGNATUR IS BROEKN
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sun May 21, 06 8:25 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:MY SIGNATUR IS BROEKN

Why?
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sun May 21, 06 8:27 pm

Something with the server movement. I probably have to replace the .htaccess.
Alex
Alpha

Return to Site and forum questions