Dollhouse

Films, television and music and everything to do with culture.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Dollhouse

Postby clyzm » Tue Mar 22, 11 9:22 am

Been watching it lately, at the behest of a friend of mine who watches Firefly and says that Joss Whedon is a pretty cool guy. It's pretty cool so far. Into the second season and it's getting pretty philosophical.

The main FBI cop just keeps reminding me of Darius from NFS: Carbon though, fuck
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Thu May 05, 11 10:51 pm

Why do the good shows always cancel?

Started this in the morning on the weekend, same with Game of Thrones last week. Both are great.
James
Alpha

Postby Wasted. » Thu May 05, 11 10:53 pm

I've never heard of this

Should I have
Wasted.
Addict

Postby clyzm » Thu May 05, 11 10:58 pm

James wrote:Why do the good shows always cancel?

Started this in the morning on the weekend, same with Game of Thrones last week. Both are great.

Legitimate question. But I think Dollhouse's ending was perfectly executed despite it being cancelled. The plot ended well.

I've never heard of this

Should I have

Depends. There's multiple perceptions you can get from the show; some people complain of Eliza Dushku (main actress/protagonist) making the show into some grrl-power display, with some pretty bad one-liners placed sporadically through the series. Some think it drags on too long and it's just a simple action drama thriller.

Personally, I think, if you've ever wondered exactly what makes us human, and the philosophy of morality in technology and human neuro-augmentation, this show is great. Hard to accept at first, but it's much deeper than it seems imo. You gotta have some patience to get to the whole center of the ideas and concepts discussed, but when you do, it's a great show and the ending just tops the cake.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Wasted. » Thu May 05, 11 11:04 pm

I think inception ruined anything that is supposed to be deep for me, I've become too cynical
Wasted.
Addict

Postby James » Sun May 08, 11 7:23 pm

Inception was never meant to be deep.

Onto season 2, why does this remind me of Buffy?
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sun May 08, 11 7:26 pm

Joss Whedon

If you look really hard you'll notice there's a hidden motif of foot fetish in the series. Joss Whedon likes feet.

clyzm
Forum Master God

Return to Entertainment