The Amory Wars

Films, television and music and everything to do with culture.

Moderator: Forum Guards

The Amory Wars

Postby James » Sat Jun 02, 07 6:59 pm

It is almost here!, starting on the 13th.
The story detailing those briefly and slightly mentioned in the lyrics of Coheed and Cambria frontman, Claudio Sanchez.

Official website: http://www.theamorywars.com/
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Jun 13, 07 11:54 pm

Came out today, getting scans later on. (I am not buying these in issues, I will be buying them in volumes.

Issue 3's cover is fucking immense:
Attachments
amory-03_fc.jpg
(156.38 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Tue Jul 03, 07 10:16 pm

lol internet, no replies but Jay no care as hes a monster for post count.
Check this mother fucker out, issue 4 cover (I love Tony Moore SO much):

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Fri Jul 13, 07 9:14 am

I take it we have no comic fags here.

Issue 2 is out, I'm going to pick it up within the week if it has been imported to England yet.

Preview of Issue 3:

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Oct 17, 09 12:03 am

2 years on I actually finish The Second Stage Turbine Blade, it's actually quite a solid series although the first two issues are... I admit... they're ABSOLUTELY awful. I was reading part 4-10 today and it turns out the story isn't actually all over the place, there's a solid base to it even if it is ultimately an Xmen rip off.
Last edited by James on Sat Oct 17, 09 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Oct 17, 09 1:13 am

lol they raped me
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Oct 17, 09 1:24 am

lol, seconded.

would have been better to not reply, seeing James talking to himself :lol:
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sat Oct 17, 09 3:48 am

Read a bit of The Armory Wars about two months ago (also the time when I started listening to Coheed & Cambria again). I haven't read the complete Volume 1 yet though, I've seen the first two issues of it but can't afford/find the others.

Wish I could too, I don't read many comics but these ones I actually enjoyed reading a lot. I haven't read The Second Stage Turbine Blade. I read their graphic novel; Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol.1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (good album too IMO, but I like most of theirs anyway) and god that was confusing, but I liked it none-the-less (didn't think the art worked well with the story though).
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby James » Sat Oct 17, 09 8:07 am

The Good Apollo 1 graphic novel is so so bad in the words of Claudio himself "I paid too much for this rushed shit". The artist behind it was overpaid and shamelessly recycled older photographs he used in his older photomanipulation comics.
Last edited by James on Sat Oct 17, 09 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sat Oct 17, 09 8:46 am

James wrote:The Good Apollo 1 graphic novel is so so bad in the words of Claudio himself "I paid too much for this rushed shit". The artist behind it was overpaid and shamelessly recyrcled older photographs he used in his older photomanipulation comics.

I didn't mind some of the writing but I found it far too confusing, which I believe Claudio admitted it was. But the art was pretty fucken weird. I didn't know he recycled some of his older works (got a source?) but if so, that's just fucking sad.

As said though, I liked what I read of The Armory Wars. They literally captivated me, but many comics do since I don't read many.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby James » Sat Oct 17, 09 9:01 am

I WOULD give a source but that'll be me looking through my old computer for logs or spending hours to find a most likely deleted post on Cobalt and Calcium.

The reboot of the series as Amory Wars is very decent though! Volume 2 of Second Stage is drawn by a professional artist (Gabriel Guzman, recently did Cable comics for Marvel) so the art really ramps up after switching from amateurish art of Second Stage Volume 1.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Entertainment