Gaming Deluxe Servers?

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Gaming Deluxe Servers?

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Tue Mar 04, 08 5:29 pm

I'm renting a server from gamingdeluxe.co.uk
Every time I add mapvote110 and custom maps, it disappears and I have to argue my case with GD to fix it.

It works fine with some custom maps, e.g. DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3_152, but when I added mapvote and other maps, CRASH!!!

Also any mutator/mod we add, doesnt work...
Tnag, tnag mapconversion, cstrike, low gravity... all don't work...
The low gravity I had to ADD to the mutators.ini, Zonemodify etc was not there in the first place...
I edited dxmtl, mutators and deusex.ini's...
edited the command line... but in gamingdeluxe control panel, it only seems to allow a command line to start with dxmp_smuggler?Game= etc

Is there anyone with experience of renting a server from Gaming Deluxe, who could spare some time to look at the server in ftp and in website control panel and try to ascertain what exactly the stupid thing is, that I am doing...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Tue Mar 04, 08 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Dae » Tue Mar 04, 08 5:48 pm

Each mutator requires to be installed in its own way. For MiniMachina (MM) mutators you always need to edit DeusEx.ini (beforehand you need to close the server).

Smuggler's mutators (mPack1 ones — DXWeaponSelector, ZoneModify, MapVote, Fatboy...) could be activated from the command line, like
Code: Select all
dxmp_smuggler?Game=DXMTL152b1.MTLTeam?Mutator=mpack1.dxweaponselector

You can even launch it using the in-game admin rights only:
Code: Select all
admin servertravel dxmp_smuggler?Mutator=mpack1.dxweaponselector

MapVote110 — I think it was someone's update to the original Smuggler's mod. Does the original mapvote work on your server?

By the way, there is a bug that disables many mutators in DXSG. Fix here.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Tue Mar 04, 08 7:49 pm

Dae[A] wrote:(beforehand you need to close the server).

or just install the files then restart server? :?
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Thu Mar 06, 08 4:44 pm

thanks, I didn't know you could launch from the game and that mutator/DXSG issue is useful...

In this case, NO mutator works at all so far... even in 0-aug default map.

There seems to be some problem with mapvote, the ini had 103 and 110.

I also saw in the ini lines like DXMTL152b1, but then another line had DXMTL103 and then I saw a line... DXMTL151b1

Changing all lines to version installed 110 and DXMTL152b1 doesnt work either...

the default command line is not working either.

Deleting everything doesn't work either, and I've been stupid, I don't have the original ini.

but someone got it working last time, must have been gaming deluxe... but I didnt see what changes they made...

but thanks a lot, very useful to know indeed...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Thu Mar 06, 08 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Dae » Thu Mar 06, 08 7:08 pm

I want to help you Rollo, but it all sounds overcomplicated :o

I need to look into it by myself. Please attach server.log, deusex.ini, dxmtl.ini, mutators.ini and .bat's or .lnk's if there are any. Beforehand of course remove the admin password from deusex.ini.
Last edited by Dae on Thu Mar 06, 08 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Ste » Mon Apr 07, 08 3:59 pm

I always had some issues with GD Rollo. I dont think they like DX servers in my opinion although VERY good servers they are...

I dont think DX likes all that crap in the ini files is my opinion. Too many mutators etc, I'd definitly bet that if you ran a normal non aug server standard maps it would work.
Truth is, ya gonna die.
Ste
Poster

Postby Dex » Mon Apr 07, 08 5:00 pm

You should be warned for that.
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Jon » Tue Apr 08, 08 9:54 am

Me and Max had a GD server at one point, and had a few issues with the mutator - I think we had to negotiate it between mapvote110 and Dae's antitk mutator - possible variable error.

Talk to me on msn for more info.
Jon
Alpha

Return to Technical issues