Tricky question for computer

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Tricky question for computer

Postby Mastakilla » Fri Mar 14, 08 6:04 pm

Right I don't know how to ask or tell this but I'll give it my best shot--

A few weeks back I decided to buy an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750... When I arrived at home I realized my old motherboard couldn't handle the 1333mhz FSB so a week later I brought my computer to the store, and told them my problem.

They put in a new motherboard for me an MSI G31M, and today I got it my computer back. As soon as I got home I of course tried to turn on the computer, and it did, only to find the lame ass pop up from Microsoft that they needed an activation key and stuff like that... I don't have that key anymore so I called them up, and they told me to look for some code on the case of my computer-- Which is also missing.

So I became desperate and decided to do the HP Recovery thingy... Destructive mode thus formatting my C:\ drive and reinstalling Microsoft... I think. Now when my computer starts up it gives me a "System Configuration Error (Code Purple)"

So basicly my question is: What the fuck? How do I fix? What do I do? I wanna use my computer :lol:
Last edited by Mastakilla on Fri Mar 14, 08 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Batchy » Fri Mar 14, 08 6:53 pm

Mr.Fagstix wrote:This is why I fucking hate you. Because somehow you manage to take somebodies posts, twist them against them, troll them and flame bait them and then you still get away with it? Is this forums management on fucking crack or some shit? Fucking SERIOUSLY.
Batchy
Addict

Postby Mastakilla » Fri Mar 14, 08 7:05 pm

The results google give me are quite useless.

Only way to fix it is to send it to hp and have them re-tattoo the motherboard.

F***?!?!
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Fri Mar 14, 08 10:39 pm

Well I found something, I did this:

1. Boot the system with a Win Xp Original Disk.
2. When you have to select "Enter" to reload or "R" for Recovery Console select "R".
3. Select the "H:\minint" Drive to bring up the System
4. At the "H:\minint" prompt, change to the "C:" prompt
5. Change directory to the "C:\hp\bin\configcheck"
6. Rename the file with the command "ren run.py run.p_"
7. Reboot the machine and there should be no "Code Purple" error.

At least now it doesn't give me the error anymore, and I can get to my desktop etc it just shows alot of errors about drivers, reinstalling Windows XP once more and all my drivers to see if that helps.

Thanks for the link Batch, I guess google isn't that useless after all :lol:
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Siva » Fri Mar 14, 08 10:50 pm

Google is always the first stop for any technical problem. Just sift through the piles of ass.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Mar 16, 08 12:50 pm

Oh ye, fixed, lock please?
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Return to Technical issues