Dx % WinMe

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Dx % WinMe

Postby Bear » Fri May 09, 08 7:58 pm

K, my XP has fucked over, so Im playin on WinMe, the FPS is shit, no idea why, all gfx on low, any ideaz?
Bear
Addict

Re: Dx % WinMe

Postby Alex » Fri May 09, 08 8:17 pm

Hey wrote:K, my XP has fucked over, so Im playin on WinMe, the FPS is shit, no idea why, all gfx on low, any ideaz?

Windows ME is fucked up. A lot of drivers for it are bugged, since nearly none of them are compatible/tested for ME. Use XP.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Fri May 09, 08 10:28 pm

The first time i played DX was on a laptop with Win2000. had no problem (128mbyte ram)
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Bear » Sat May 10, 08 1:28 pm

XP is broken 4 me.
Bear
Addict

Postby Kaiden » Sat May 10, 08 1:56 pm

Format and re install?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Bear » Sat May 10, 08 4:25 pm

What? And loose all my music and films? My hardcore games I got? Nah, its probably just missing a .sys file.
Bear
Addict

Postby Alex » Sat May 10, 08 4:36 pm

Hey wrote:What? And loose all my music and films? My hardcore games I got? Nah, its probably just missing a .sys file.

You could install windows on a different location without formatting anything... and then copy all files and then format and install XP.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sat May 10, 08 4:51 pm

If you got the original CD you could try reinstalling in a special mode, called "updating" or "repairing" the system. It worked for me after my firewall (Agnitum) had fucked up the networking features. All documents, settings, programs worked fine after the update.
Dae
Alpha

Postby \- -/ » Sat May 10, 08 8:38 pm

Yeah dont use ME. Its buggy as hell. copy your films to another HD or another media. Or like dae says do a repair. Or for windows XP try a system restore. It may work.
\- -/

Postby Leenuks » Sun May 11, 08 6:03 am

FORMAT, are you crazy. Lose all your data real fast.
Put the hard drive into another computer then back up everything first if thats what you intend to do.

Stay away from ME.

Tell me your computers symptoms. Is windows xp even booting. If so all is not lost for now.

Yesterday my wifes computer spat the dummy and wouldnt surf the net. No access to my modem login either. It was a windows xp service pack 2 bug. It had dropped the ip address and would not pick up another for the network. Fixed it in 5 mins as I have other computers to work with.

As Dae said do the repair option when you boot your xp cd.
Last edited by Leenuks on Sun May 11, 08 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leenuks
Wannabe

Postby Alex » Sun May 11, 08 7:37 am

Leenuks wrote:FORMAT, are you crazy. Lose all your data real fast.
Put the hard drive into another computer then back up everything first if thats what you intend to do.

Stay away from ME.

Tell me your computers symptoms. Is windows xp even booting. If so all is not lost for now.

Yesterday my wifes computer spat the dummy and wouldnt surf the net. No access to my modem login either. It was a windows xp service pack 2 bug. It had dropped the ip address and would not pick up another for the network. Fixed it in 5 mins as I have other computers to work with.

As Dae said do the repair option when you boot your xp cd.

Even if XP doesn't start up properly, then you can still save the files.

Once I was hacked, the guy deleted some important system files. Couldn't start up, so I install windows on a different directory, and then copied all filed.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Bear » Sun May 11, 08 1:51 pm

OK, WINDOWS FILES ARE DESTROYED, it starts up yes, when you are going to select an account it crashes, I have 3 operating systems WinMe, DOS and XP, I have to use a Partition Magic floppy disc to switch between the 3, I geuss I will have to reinstall the XP.
Bear
Addict

Return to Technical issues