Help with multiple player "server".

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Help with multiple player "server".

Postby Noureddin » Tue May 13, 08 8:13 pm

Ok, First off, I'm assuming this is right place to post this, Right? Cause This my first topic...

Second off, I CANNOT make a multi-player server. I tried Non-dedicated AND Dedicated... It only puts it on LAN...(I had someone check if it was LAN or not)and I also... Sorry if this is stupid or something. But, I also want to cheat in my server. And only ME cheating in it. I know it won't be very fun for the other but I REALLY want to do this. Plus, I want to make my own game/server and it to be on multiple player anyways.

1) I did some ports that is told. You can say all the ports that might be needed for it to work just in case I missed any.
Even then I turn off my fire wall completely and it STILL did not work.
2) I went to Multiple player: and click "Create Game" or whatever its called ... still it put it on LAN.
3) I did dedicated and I allowed cheats and all... The cheats worked. But, I have to get used to it. but, When I do dedicated it did LAN as well.
[V-ADD-V]
4) I checked myself if it was on LAN it not. And yes its not on multi-player. Someone said before saying it might just not be showing on multi-player list... well it still seems it not on multi-player at all... Cause, I'd play it for quite some time and no one joins. So, I doubt its on multi-player.
[^-ADDED-^]
I'll post more later. I'll keep trying. but, Can someone help me with this. Also, I know my spelling and grammar ain't that great and also I know it won't be fair with only me cheating but I really want to try it anyways.
Last edited by Noureddin on Tue May 13, 08 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Noureddin

Postby Dex » Tue May 13, 08 8:29 pm

http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5782

open all ports for both UDP and TCP
what router do you use, btw?
Last edited by Dex on Tue May 13, 08 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Tue May 13, 08 8:31 pm

Hey.

For opening ports:

http://www.dxalpha.com/kb/hosting/opening-ports

And guides related to hosting located here;

http://www.dxalpha.com/kb/hosting
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Noureddin » Tue May 13, 08 8:47 pm

Not to be rude... But... That REALLY didn't help. I already opened those ports(7790, 7791, 7792, 8777, and 27900)... And that one with guides is useful though. Thanks for that. And that topic link doesn't really help either. Sorry, but, It really doesn't. -_-
Noureddin

Postby Dex » Tue May 13, 08 8:52 pm

Did you open all ports for both UDP / TCP?
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Tue May 13, 08 9:38 pm

You can say all the ports that might be needed for it to work just in case I missed any.

Which I did.

Although apparently all you need it; 7790 and 7791 UDP both.
Last edited by Kaiden on Tue May 13, 08 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Dejavu » Wed May 14, 08 6:36 am

no wonder dxmp has so little new players if every second one would like to host own server where ONLY he could cheat in and just show new players that the game is run by some 12y old immature kids.
Dejavu
Regular

Postby Destroyerzero » Thu May 15, 08 4:24 pm

The actual ports to open are as follows:

UDP 7790 - 7795
TCP 27900
Destroyerzero

Postby Kaiden » Thu May 15, 08 9:07 pm

Well both Deja and Zora say you only need 7790 and 7791 UDP both...I have never heard of 7794 needing to be opened.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Destroyerzero » Thu May 15, 08 10:21 pm

the reason I stated 7790 - 7795 is because a lot of servers are hosted in this range....so I dont know which one you choose. If you dont allow connections to a server that is on 7795 and you only allow connect to 7790 - 7791, then you wont be able to enter that particular server. ^_^.

let me clarify

Outgoing:

UDP: 7790 - 7795
TCP: 27900

Incoming

UDP: Whatever port you use to host your server and the port you run DeusEx through because you need data from the server to update periodically while a game plays ^_^. In most cases its the same port number.
Destroyerzero

Postby Leenuks » Fri May 16, 08 2:21 am

I too am unable to host maps.

I have tried everything from different computers to different operating systems. Dial-up, adsl, different modems, Win98 through XP and various Linux distros. I blame my ISP even though they say its a software problem on my end.

Ive tried to host other games like Hardwar, Unreal Tornament, Descent 3 and non of them show up in server lists. :cry: :evil: :cry:

EDIT: CHEAT, nice way to turn players away really fast. I personally hate cheaters and those who abuse bugs as an advantage, especially when the bug abuser has a very very low ping.
Last edited by Leenuks on Fri May 16, 08 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leenuks
Wannabe

Postby {17}agentsmith » Fri May 16, 08 9:48 am

I have simlar problems though i believe that all my ports are open correctly, I even created two versions of DX in order to try and view in the server would show in dedicated mode and tried connecting via the IP but nothing shows
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Destroyerzero » Sat May 17, 08 3:06 am

ok, if you are on windows....and behind a router....

You have to enable the Security Center....as well as any software firewalls.

Software firewalls may be shut off, but the service associated with it, where the protection actually lies, is still in the background. You have to turn on the firewall and enter the numbers in there as well.

Its happened to me, where I open ports by the router and I am forced to turn on the windows firewall, enter the port numbers there as well....If you are using zone alarm...The same thing applies....Even if the software firewall is not launched, the service is and it still blocks incoming and outgoing connections since its not on the list.
Destroyerzero

Postby venom » Sat May 17, 08 10:35 am

Leenuks wrote:I too am unable to host maps.

I have tried everything from different computers to different operating systems. Dial-up, adsl, different modems, Win98 through XP and various Linux distros. I blame my ISP even though they say its a software problem on my end.

Ive tried to host other games like Hardwar, Unreal Tornament, Descent 3 and non of them show up in server lists. :cry: :evil: :cry:

EDIT: CHEAT, nice way to turn players away really fast. I personally hate cheaters and those who abuse bugs as an advantage, especially when the bug abuser has a very very low ping.

It should work with dial up
========================
-=VENOM=-
========================

venom
Wannabe

Return to Technical issues