HALP ME (about server)

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

HALP ME (about server)

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri May 16, 08 6:23 am

ok... now i can host server but.. i just buyed a new card and restart my router settings .. now i sended the ports again.. and now.. i cant even get into my own server.. and yeah other ppls cant too if u want the server consle logs i'll upload them now..

i think u guys will need it.. or u guys want the other logs?
Attachments
logs.txt
my server consle logs..
(11.69 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Destroyerzero » Fri May 16, 08 4:38 pm

ok here are settings.

Outgoing
UDP: 7790 - 7795
TCP: 27900

Incoming
UDP: (whatever port you host your server in) This is in your ini file.

If you don't have the incoming port set, (usually 7790) You will see servers on screen, but won't be able to log into your own server since you are blocking yourself.

Also, make sure you set your LAN IP to point to the system where you are hosting the server from.
Destroyerzero

Postby Bear » Fri May 16, 08 7:50 pm

Open port 7730.
Bear
Addict

Postby Dae » Fri May 16, 08 8:21 pm

In order to host the server you need to open only 7790-7791.
Last edited by Dae on Fri May 16, 08 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby DaRkNeSs » Fri May 16, 08 8:52 pm

UDP=Outgoing
TCP=Incoming
DaRkNeSs

Postby {17}agentsmith » Fri May 16, 08 8:54 pm

how much longer is this debate on ports gna last for?
trust the experts IE, Dae, Zora, Alex and Deja
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat May 17, 08 5:13 am

Its not about ports.. its about that.... i cant get into my own server and other peoples too.. it just stucked on (F10 Cancles) and the loading... same with everyone... i am just asking do any of you know anything about it?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Destroyerzero » Sat May 17, 08 7:17 am

You have a set of options to allow incoming and outgoing connections.

"outgoing" means that you are able to connect to other people's port number you assign. In the case of DeusEx, this means being able to see the server browser through TCP port 27900 and accessing the servers yourself through port UDP 7790 - 7795 depending on which ports they use to host servers.

You being able to SEE the Server Browser update and enter other player's servers means you have "outgoing" correctly configured.

"incoming" means the allowed ports one can access from your own computer. If these settings are not set, this means you have described happens....

Basically, players and yourself can't enter the server because the computer itself sees that your ports are closed and its being blocked by your own hardware firewall (router) or software firewall (Windows XP security center or third party application in use). The Default DeusEx port is UDP 7790 for a server. This is listed on the first set of data in your DeusEx.ini file

Set these values in your hardware and software firewalls and you will fix your problem.
Destroyerzero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Sat May 17, 08 12:51 pm

You don't need to set port forwarding rules if you want to play on a server.
You just need that in case you host your own local server, which shall be seen from outside.

Edit: You can't see your own local server in the internet game list because the majority of routers don't support NAT-loopback.
Last edited by ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ on Sat May 17, 08 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat May 17, 08 1:13 pm

I'll tell more clearly..

It shows UP at internet.. and i am not talking about LAN.

But the problem is... When i go in the server it just says... "<MAPNAME> (F10 Cancles)"

And it just stuck at loading... also i told [RTK]Peter to go and see if he can come... but he said it stucked at loading... anyone know whats the problem..? and i'll tell you 1 more thing.. i opened the ports 2 or 3 times.. same ports...
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Alex » Sat May 17, 08 1:16 pm

~DJ~ wrote:I'll tell more clearly..

It shows UP at internet.. and i am not talking about LAN.

But the problem is... When i go in the server it just says... "<MAPNAME> (F10 Cancles)"

And it just stuck at loading... also i told [RTK]Peter to go and see if he can come... but he said it stucked at loading... anyone know whats the problem..? and i'll tell you 1 more thing.. i opened the ports 2 or 3 times.. same ports...

Disable firewall.
Alex
Alpha

Postby DaRkNeSs » Sat May 17, 08 1:17 pm

My Router Supports NAT-LoopBack :P Most New Ones Do.
DaRkNeSs

Postby hdd2 » Sat May 17, 08 2:52 pm

Im not sure if this counts as a double post but Like Alex Says Turn Your firewall down.
As Youve opened ports dont disable it.
Or Try Fowarding The Ports Through Your Firewall (Depends which firewall you have)
hdd2

Return to Technical issues