Low FPS dropping with Windows Vista on Deus Ex

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Low FPS dropping with Windows Vista on Deus Ex

Postby Dex » Sat May 17, 08 9:36 am

I've followed all tutorials and managed to get my Deus Ex working. But I still get something that really annoys me, constant fps dropping from 70 to 60. Is there any way to fix this?
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Sat May 17, 08 9:39 am

Don't whine, I play with 60fps and still own you.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Bear » Sat May 17, 08 9:49 am

Hahaha Dex, go to Google, and type in 'MSI' then go to downloads, and download a new driver for your graphics card. IS THAT YOUR FACE ON YOUR AVATAR ROFL?
Bear
Addict

Postby venom » Sat May 17, 08 10:15 am

Alex wrote:Don't whine, I play with 60fps and still own you.

True
========================
-=VENOM=-
========================

venom
Wannabe

Postby Dex » Sat May 17, 08 10:47 am

Hey wrote:Hahaha Dex, go to Google, and type in 'MSI' then go to downloads, and download a new driver for your graphics card. IS THAT YOUR FACE ON YOUR AVATAR ROFL?

Ok and YES IT IS.
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sat May 17, 08 1:49 pm

Honestly, he looks better than me. So fuck you.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby DaRkNeSs » Sat May 17, 08 2:12 pm

On The Machine Im On Now I Only Get 20 -35 FPS =(.
As This Machine Sucks. And Always Downclocks Itself On Battery (Like Its Supposed To But It Lasts 4 Hours And Wouldnt Mind The Preformance Gain By Cutting That In Half.) On My Main Machine I get Like 75-100 FPS :P
DaRkNeSs

Postby Destroyerzero » Sat May 17, 08 7:56 pm

Windows Vista gives your less performance on games because a video card's acceleration is used on the desktop. The desktop Aero is considered a 3D program. Not like Windows XP's User interface. Also the OS is bloated because Microsoft assumes that everyone is a pirate so those security features in their OS is not about protecting you...Its about protecting their profits, so everything gets slowed down on Vista...thanks to all the DRM, the registry and all the Processes loaded at once.

Once you optimize Vista by not using Aero and cutting down all of those processes, you can get a much higher framerate. Also, although Vista comes with Direct X 10. Its good to install DirectX9c because they have more comptability with DirectX7, 7a and 8...Where DeusEx is direct X 7.

If you are playing the multiplayer, It can run on OpenGL pretty well too. Good luck.
Destroyerzero

Postby Dex » Sat May 17, 08 8:22 pm

I use DirectD3D 9 Renderer on my Deus Ex, since I cannot use OpenGL. On OpenGL all I get is white 2d shapes constantly floating around instead of meshes. And I don't think it is possible to install DirectX 9 on Windows Vista, since it says the version I have is newer.
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby Destroyerzero » Sat May 17, 08 10:05 pm

Strange because when you play Crysis on Vista, it installed DirectX9c and uses that with DirectX10.
Destroyerzero

Return to Technical issues