problems installing sdk

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

problems installing sdk

Postby NightRaver » Mon May 19, 08 3:54 pm

So ive download the cracked version of sike (full game), works good so far but im trying to install sdk on it, and it doesnt work

when i take the folder c:/DeusEx it simply doesnt work, when i take C:/DeusEx/System doesnt work also. but the game isnt installed on my pc cause it was in a rar file and i just copied the package on c:/ as i would have as a normal game... any ideas?

Last edited by NightRaver on Mon May 19, 08 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raving through life!
NightRaver
Regular

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Mon May 19, 08 4:25 pm

never install Sike
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Dae » Mon May 19, 08 5:03 pm

Right click on the SDK executable, press "extract to" or "open with WinRAR", and it extract it to your C:/Deus Ex. After that, don't forget to install ConEdit from DeusEx/ConEdit.
Dae
Alpha

Postby bambi » Tue Jun 30, 09 3:12 pm

I did that and I have a folder called ReleaseSdk1112f in C:\Deus Ex. When I run setup from ReleaseSdk, it still can't find Deus ex. Help!
bambi
Regular

Postby Dae » Tue Jun 30, 09 3:54 pm

You need to extract it onto your Deus Ex folder, which may be located in C:/Deus Ex. If it's not located there, choose the appropriate path to it.

Running setup.exe is not required.
Dae
Alpha

Postby bambi » Tue Jun 30, 09 4:03 pm

I have selected c:\Deus Ex which is where the installation is. Do you think it should repatched with 1112f multiplayer patch?
bambi
Regular

Postby Dae » Tue Jun 30, 09 4:12 pm

Did you try launching UnrealEd.exe from Deus Ex/System? :)
Dae
Alpha

Postby bambi » Tue Jun 30, 09 4:17 pm

lol, I meant for installing SDK, I had selected the correct filepath. I'm downloading your slimline which I know works with SDK. I'm thinking Sike's Mini Deus Ex for some reason isn't recognized by SDK.
bambi
Regular

Postby Dae » Tue Jun 30, 09 4:59 pm

SDK is a collaborative name for UnrealEd.exe (map editor) + ConEdit.exe (conversation editor) + headers (for C++ programmers) + documentation.

SlimLine won't be recognized by SDK installer because it doesn't announce itself in the registry. Why would you need to use an installer anyway, it should work fine without it!
Dae
Alpha

Postby bambi » Tue Jun 30, 09 5:05 pm

Help, Quit attacking me Dae! I'm not Nobody!

I got it to work thanks, Slimline worked perfectly. The SDK installed just fine.

On a side note, how do I pick and choose weapons from Cylzm's cstrike, clyzmsmod, and MP5S mods and make a new mod with only a selected few?
bambi
Regular

Postby ~DJ~ » Tue Jun 30, 09 7:32 pm

That would involve recompiling the modification by deleting there imports, weapon classes. or just rename the file or move it somewhere else.

And if I am correct, probably the modification would be protected, but not sure :p

Caty isn't a guy who likes protecting stuff though, imo.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Return to Technical issues