Galaxy Audio Problems

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Galaxy Audio Problems

Postby Greasel » Wed Jan 07, 09 4:15 pm

Hi there!

First of all, I've already read that someone (Crusader) had this problem before, but unfortunately the thread (http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10790) doesn't say how he got rid of it. I recently sent him a PM, but he didn't answer yet and I'm not very patient when I can't play my favourite game any more...

It's about the galaxy audio subsystem. The error message reads as follows:
"General protection fault! History: glxDetectOutput <- UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::Init <- UEngine::InitAudio <- UGameEngine::Init <- XGameEngineExt::Init <- DDeusExGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine"

All I know is that it doesn't have anything to do with DeusEx.ini. I also re-installed the game several times, using different versions, but it won't run. Crusader mentioned that his problem had to do with Engine.u instead...
Last edited by Greasel on Wed Jan 07, 09 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greasel

Postby Kaiden » Wed Jan 07, 09 4:30 pm

Hmm, can't remember, try to replace your Galaxy.dll with this one (Make a backup first);
Attachments
Galaxy.zip
Galaxy.dll
(120.36 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Jan 07, 09 4:39 pm

You said that in other topic, that didn't work.

:lol:
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Kaiden » Wed Jan 07, 09 5:00 pm

Lol oh yeah,

Edit: Fixed.. it was a problem with Engine.u

Ok, try replace your engine.u with this one; (Make backup first).
Attachments
Engine.zip
Engine.u
(385.78 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Last edited by Kaiden on Wed Jan 07, 09 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Greasel » Thu Jan 08, 09 4:51 pm

Thanks for the engine.u! And it did change something indeed, because now I'm getting a different error message :roll:

Class PlayerPawn Member problem: Script=1492 C++=1488
History: VerifyClasses <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- XGameEngineExt::Init <- DDeusExGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

And it doesn't even run without sound now anymore (which was possible before when running the game in debug mode - I forgot to mention)...
Greasel

Postby Dae » Thu Jan 08, 09 4:53 pm

Greasel wrote:nd it did change something indeed, because now I'm getting a different error message

try this
http://www.dxalpha.com/kb/mapping/class ... ayer-crash
Dae
Alpha

Postby Greasel » Thu Jan 08, 09 5:15 pm

Thanks, but the patch is not for my language version... I've got the german version of deus ex.
But I doubt that would have helped anyway, because even if I could fix the new problem, I'm quite sure I would still end up having my old galaxy audio error...
Greasel

Postby Dae » Thu Jan 08, 09 5:19 pm

Greasel wrote:But I doubt that would have helped anyway, because even if I could fix the new problem, I'm quite sure I would still end up having my old galaxy audio error...

the description of the patch says:
This patch fixes "Mismatch" errors when trying to connect to servers using the Deus Ex Game of the Year edition that came bundled with the Sounds Blaster Audigy sound card.

I think you should try to install it somehow.
Last edited by Dae on Thu Jan 08, 09 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Greasel » Fri Jan 09, 09 8:43 pm

I'm afraid there's no way this patch will work with my version of the game. You know what? I'm going to re-install my whole system.

That's how much I love Deus Ex... :wink:

But thanks to everyone for trying to help me!
Greasel

Postby Dae » Fri Jan 09, 09 9:29 pm

Greasel wrote:I'm afraid there's no way this patch will work with my version of the game.

ey, hold on

we'll manage this without reinstalling your OS
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Sat Jan 10, 09 1:30 am

I doubt that reinstalling the Os will help...
That's like turning on the heater because the fridge isn't closed.

Unlike the majority of games these days, DX isn't bound to the system that much.
My DX installation is 6 years old, although my system was reinstalled several times.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Jan 10, 09 11:03 am

Same here, i got the DX since i first installed it, I Just kept burning it to CD's DVDs..

And i have a big cache folder.. :O
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Greasel » Mon Jan 12, 09 7:51 pm

I've done it now, and the game runs perfect! 8)

I always assumed it had something to do with the OS, because of the phrase "DetectOutput" in the error message. I'm working with a lot of audio programs, installing the ones I need, removing the ones I don't need, and I guess one of them must have changed some setting in my audio output.

The only problem now is that microsoft doesn't accept my old activation key for XP again... :?
Greasel

Postby Dae » Mon Jan 12, 09 8:09 pm

Greasel wrote:microsoft doesn't accept my old activation key for XP again...

Assuming your Windoze is legal, you can call MS and ask kindly to re-enable the key.
Last edited by Dae on Mon Jan 12, 09 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Greasel » Wed Jan 14, 09 4:57 pm

You can actually negotiate with these guys? Well, then I'll try this I guess. Thanks for the hint...
Greasel

Re: Galaxy Audio Problems

Postby [:]|||[:] » Sun Aug 09, 09 3:18 am

Greasel wrote:Hi there!

First of all, I've already read that someone (Crusader) had this problem before, but unfortunately the thread (http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10790) doesn't say how he got rid of it. I recently sent him a PM, but he didn't answer yet and I'm not very patient when I can't play my favourite game any more...

It's about the galaxy audio subsystem. The error message reads as follows:
"General protection fault! History: glxDetectOutput <- UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::Init <- UEngine::InitAudio <- UGameEngine::Init <- XGameEngineExt::Init <- DDeusExGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine"

All I know is that it doesn't have anything to do with DeusEx.ini. I also re-installed the game several times, using different versions, but it won't run. Crusader mentioned that his problem had to do with Engine.u instead...

This helped me solve the same problem.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=70796
What I did was go into Deus Ex\System and mess with the DeusEx.ini file.

Specifically, under [Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem], I changed "UseDirectSound" to "False", and changed "Use3dHardware" to "True".

Now it works great!
[:]|||[:]

Return to Technical issues