SDK pack 1.8

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

SDK pack 1.8

Postby Indigo » Sun Jun 27, 10 5:44 am

I downloaded this on my pc which has windows 7. I"m having a lot of problems. If I select anything on any of the sdk screens, it auto scrolls among some other problems. I downloaded something that was supposed to make this work for my OS but it doesn't seem to be. Anybody know how I can fix this issue?
~Even on our darkest day, there shall still be light found~
Indigo

Postby Dae » Sun Jun 27, 10 8:57 am

Indigo wrote:I downloaded something that was supposed to make this work for my OS but it doesn't seem to be.

What did you download?

This is the first time I hear about such problem in the SDK. Perhaps, try setting a Windows XP compatibility mode in the file settings of UnrealEd.exe.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Indigo » Sun Jun 27, 10 4:37 pm

I downloaded the mappack I found on this forum. That editing pack 1.8 thing. I was trying to use the SDK 2, or whatever it's called. And that's where I get the weird event; even after changing its compatability to XP. When trying the SDK 1, I get an error saying it can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing. I don't even know what that is. Is there a version that is compatible with windows 7? Also the thing I downloaded was some file that goes into your system 32. It's supposed to make the SDK programs work. The file is msvbvm50.dll but I guess it's not working or something.
Last edited by Indigo on Sun Jun 27, 10 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Indigo

Postby Alex » Sun Jun 27, 10 5:02 pm

Indigo wrote:I downloaded the mappack I found on this forum. That editing pack 1.8 thing. I was trying to use the SDK 2, or whatever it's called. And that's where I get the weird event; even after changing its compatability to XP. When trying the SDK 1, I get an error saying it can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing. I don't even know what that is. Is there a version that is compatible with windows 7? Also the thing I downloaded was some file that goes into your system 32. It's supposed to make the SDK programs work. The file is msvbvm50.dll but I guess it's not working or something.

Did you actually install DeusEx, or did you copy files from CD/backup to your PC?
Alex
Alpha

Postby Indigo » Mon Jun 28, 10 10:25 am

Yes I installed dx. I have windows 7 64 bit I don't know if that's important or not. But yeah, everytime I press the mouse button down, it just spins in this loopy circle on the 3d view, other views go to the top left corner of the grid and stay.
Indigo

Return to Technical issues