bigger UI font?

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

bigger UI font?

Postby Szynek » Tue Jul 02, 13 5:05 pm

Hi there.

Is there any way to make the interface, or at least font bigger? Right now, I have a really hard time reading anything. I'm playing in 1280x800 and using New Vision + HDTP + Enhanced.

I've tried to change between "Default GUI" and "Non-scaling GUI" in Kentie's launcher but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I also tried something called "UI Size Fix" but that didn't work either. Any other ideas?
Szynek

Postby synthetic » Wed Jul 03, 13 7:50 am

Default Deus Ex has large GUI and font size should be easily readable as well. Any fixes that try to adjust GUI are generally for the purpose of making it smaller for large resolutions.

If you disable all GUI mods/fixes and it is still small then my guess is that one of those main DX modpacks you've listed has tweaked it, and its best to look into their settings and options, or check their respective websites. It would also explain why toggling Kentie's settings has no effect. With the resolution you are playing, default should still be OK. You can try and increase game resolution in general if your monitor supports, and see if that helps at all. You can use custom resolutions (unsupported by the available list of the old game) by editing DeusEx.ini and adding the resolutions in the [WinDrv.WindowsClient] block, ie
FullscreenViewportX=1650
FullscreenViewportY=1080

I am sorry if I cannot be more specific, as I haven't played the game with that combination. I hope this is of some help.
Last edited by synthetic on Wed Jul 03, 13 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Szynek » Sat Jul 06, 13 2:36 pm

Thanks for the reply, especially the part:
r12m wrote:Any fixes that try to adjust GUI are generally for the purpose of making it smaller

because i thought this was the other way around ;) Too bad I wasn't able to solve the problem anyway :/

I've tried editing "DeusEx.ini", and manually change the UI option there but it didn't change much. Later, I've reinstalled the game and run it without mods at all- still to small for me. I've also tried different resolutions, and it seems like the best option for me would be to have the game in 1280x800 ad UI in 1024x768 or even 800x600 but i doubt it's possible.
Szynek

Postby synthetic » Sun Jul 07, 13 2:51 am

1280x800 is 16:10 resolution and the issue might be that the game does not support widescreen resolutions by default. Because of this you may be experiencing distorted fonts which makes you think they are too small. You are describing a bizarre issue and this is my best guess (as a 16:10 user as well).

Insert your desired resolution to DeusEx.ini and try both Windowed and Fullscreen. Stay away from the reso settings menu page in Game Menu if you are running fullscreen, because irritatingly Deus Ex will reset your resolution back to the closest it supports (for 4:3). This is manual fix for 16:10 and sometimes comes with extra complications other than the resetting that I just described, but my personal experience with widescreen patchers has not shown more reliable results. Kentie's Exe may fix this more reliably but I cannot say for sure. He has options for 16:10 fov and resolutions.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Return to Technical issues