Deus Ex - Freedom Edition

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Deus Ex - Freedom Edition

Postby Aidan » Sun May 03, 09 3:11 am

What I've been working on in the past while is a way to bring others to Deus Ex. I know most of you probably think it's dieing, or perhaps already is dead. I however refuse to believe that. Where there's a will, there's a way. This installer IS illegal and hence was hosted on File Front :P.

This installer will save people the trouble of searching for a torrent and waiting a lengthy amount of time to play the game. Instead, DXFE will include all the files AND more.

Deus Ex - Freedom Edition

Image

Every Install Type Comes standard with...
-MTL Mod
-Nethphys Anti-Hacking Mod
-No CD Crack

There are four types of installations:
Freedom Full [DXSP, DXMP, UED, Con Edit]

Freedom Light [DXSP, DXMP] (I know.. it's barely lighter than the first.)

Freedom MP [DXMP] (The Lightest Install Type, Similar to Slimline)

Freedom MP Hardcore [DXMP, UED, Con Edit]

---------

I know most of you probably think it's a stupid idea, etc. but I'm not going to let Deus Ex die without a fight. I've already posted a youtube video that advertises it and leads to the download. I also plan to direct people towards it through multiple forum websites.

---------

See For Yourself:
Youtube Video
Filefront Download
Last edited by Aidan on Sun May 03, 09 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby Tonnochi » Sun May 03, 09 3:31 am

Hmm....

You may have my approval. For now.

Oh wait, shameful )P( map advertising.
Last edited by Tonnochi on Sun May 03, 09 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tonnochi
Forum Hero
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: Mon May 28, 07 11:43 pm

Postby Aidan » Sun May 03, 09 3:39 am

I know, I know...

Good point. I might eliminate that in the next version. It's not a necessity.

Hence banishment.
Last edited by Aidan on Sun May 03, 09 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby VodunLoas » Sun May 03, 09 4:27 am

Waiting til Square Enix smacks you around, but I like what you are doing.
User avatar
VodunLoas
Alpha
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 04 7:16 am

Postby Aidan » Sun May 03, 09 4:37 am

Illumonic wrote:Waiting til Square Enix smacks you around, but I like what you are doing.


Thank you. At least this will give us some hope. There's a chance to bring Deus Ex back on its feet. We just need to get out there and try. Show the game, give people easy access to it.
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby VodunLoas » Sun May 03, 09 4:46 am

I think the vid would be better with more readable text, and in-game vid of sp and mp. Use good ambient music on the sp part, then throw some rock/metal whatever in for mp part.
User avatar
VodunLoas
Alpha
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 04 7:16 am

Postby Aidan » Sun May 03, 09 4:49 am

True. When I have more time, I'll make an improved video. Until then, this will have to do. :)
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby VodunLoas » Sun May 03, 09 5:00 am

I just found out by refreshing the page it adds to the views... WTF... dumbass youtube programmers can't code it right. It should only detect one view per ip address at the time of viewing. Anyways, I added about 100 views to your vid. LOL.

You only notice it changes to views after about 40-50 refreshing though.
Last edited by VodunLoas on Sun May 03, 09 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
VodunLoas
Alpha
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 04 7:16 am

Postby Aidan » Sun May 03, 09 5:06 am

LOL. Yeah, I can't believe google hasn't done anything with that :?

Oh well.. I'm spamming chat rooms (in a good way) right now.
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun May 03, 09 7:08 am

I'm with you on this idea, I love it personally. Too bad it's illegal cause it includes DXSP. Seriously though, DX should be free IMO...
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
User avatar
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend
 
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 05 6:10 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby ~[ß]Lost~ » Sun May 03, 09 9:12 am

Pointless idea is pointless.

Whatever is the case, it's always sad that the members of the community have to start advertising/marketing the games they play. Just let the game stay the way it is and accept the fact that it's nearly a decade old and dying. You are not gonna save the game by inviting more 10 year old idiots who think they are fucking godlike for playing retarded gametypes such as [FGS]nogravitybs.
Sike
clanb.deus-ex.net

Legion wrote:By default, I'm bi. However I've spent a great deal of time "burying" that aspect of me...
~[ß]Lost~
Poster
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 08 1:06 am
Location: Finland

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sun May 03, 09 9:25 am

ATDMStreetSmartWeedAssYo 4 Life
User avatar
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 07 8:29 pm

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun May 03, 09 9:44 am

nofuckingclue wrote:Pointless idea is pointless.


No it's not. It has a point, and that is to attempt to revive Deus Ex. This means it's not pointless.

The world "pointless" is a stupid word, because everything in the world has a point. A reason, to be used. Even an item you can think of no uses is not pointless, for it being pointless is a point that it has.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
User avatar
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend
 
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 05 6:10 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Tantalus » Sun May 03, 09 11:02 am

Of course it's TRYING but there have been other attempts like this (Slimline) and they have brought no further interest to the community.

It's either they are directed at the wrong audience or gamers have just moved on.

I suggest it's both.
Signatures are dumb.

Image
User avatar
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 08 1:23 am
Location: Bicycle Land

Postby Dae » Sun May 03, 09 11:28 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:they have brought no further interest to the community.

I can't provide any statistics, but SlimLine was downloaded a lot of times and I think it was pretty popular. Many players used it to involve their friends into DXMP.

Initially I wanted to make a group of 10-15 people who would've gone around the gaming forums in the internet and spread information about DXMP (and unlike spambots, they would've needed to reply to all the questions about the game in their topics). I'm still pretty sure that would work.
User avatar
Dae
Alpha
 
Posts: 12086
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 03 4:40 pm

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun May 03, 09 1:08 pm

You'd have to find 10-15 people willing to do that for nothing, however.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
User avatar
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend
 
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 05 6:10 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Dae » Sun May 03, 09 1:43 pm

~Psychotic~ wrote:You'd have to find 10-15 people willing to do that for nothing, however.

Back then it wasn't a problem, not sure about now. We all worked for nothing, after all.
User avatar
Dae
Alpha
 
Posts: 12086
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 03 4:40 pm

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun May 03, 09 2:32 pm

Dae wrote:
~Psychotic~ wrote:You'd have to find 10-15 people willing to do that for nothing, however.

Back then it wasn't a problem, not sure about now. We all worked for nothing, after all.


There's no such thing as a free lunch.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
User avatar
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend
 
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 05 6:10 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Dae » Sun May 03, 09 3:15 pm

~Psychotic~ wrote:There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Why have we worked then?
User avatar
Dae
Alpha
 
Posts: 12086
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 03 4:40 pm

Postby Aidan » Sun May 03, 09 4:13 pm

Slimline was great, and people downloaded it. What hasn't been done is mass advertising for it, and influencing others that might be interested. Most people think "yeah sure, it's a game, whatever" when you mention it. However.. when you mention it comes equipped with the SDK, the opinion changes when the person realizes they ca create their own maps, mods, etc. even if they give that a try and don't like it.. they'll still be hooked on SP or MP (perhaps both).



Sike.
You already mentioned to me that it was pointless on msn, why must you mention this again to bring others down with your pessimism? You also gave my youtube video a 1 star? :cry:

All anyone has to do is direct people Either to the youtube video, or straight to download its self. :(
Last edited by Aidan on Sun May 03, 09 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sun May 03, 09 5:06 pm

I gave it 5 stars, just for you
User avatar
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 07 8:29 pm

Postby Bear » Sun May 03, 09 7:16 pm

I reported you to MI6.
User avatar
Bear
Addict
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 07 7:22 pm
Location: UK

Postby Aidan » Sun May 03, 09 9:06 pm

[FGS]DeathMaster wrote:I gave it 5 stars, just for you


I feel.... Special. :)

...by the way, I just disabled ratings ;)
Last edited by Aidan on Sun May 03, 09 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby ~[ß]Lost~ » Sun May 03, 09 9:07 pm

Achéro wrote:Slimline was great, and people downloaded it. What hasn't been done is mass advertising for it, and influencing others that might be interested. Most people think "yeah sure, it's a game, whatever" when you mention it. However.. when you mention it comes equipped with the SDK, the opinion changes when the person realizes they ca create their own maps, mods, etc. even if they give that a try and don't like it.. they'll still be hooked on SP or MP (perhaps both).



Sike.
You already mentioned to me that it was pointless on msn, why must you mention this again to bring others down with your pessimism? You also gave my youtube video a 1 star? :cry:

All anyone has to do is direct people Either to the youtube video, or straight to download its self. :(


Since when are you an elite mapper?
Sike
clanb.deus-ex.net

Legion wrote:By default, I'm bi. However I've spent a great deal of time "burying" that aspect of me...
~[ß]Lost~
Poster
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 08 1:06 am
Location: Finland

Postby Aidan » Sun May 03, 09 9:13 pm

nofuckingclue wrote:
Achéro wrote:Slimline was great, and people downloaded it. What hasn't been done is mass advertising for it, and influencing others that might be interested. Most people think "yeah sure, it's a game, whatever" when you mention it. However.. when you mention it comes equipped with the SDK, the opinion changes when the person realizes they ca create their own maps, mods, etc. even if they give that a try and don't like it.. they'll still be hooked on SP or MP (perhaps both).



Sike.
You already mentioned to me that it was pointless on msn, why must you mention this again to bring others down with your pessimism? You also gave my youtube video a 1 star? :cry:

All anyone has to do is direct people Either to the youtube video, or straight to download its self. :(


Since when are you an elite mapper?


Since when were you an immature asshole? Gtfo Sike.
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby ~[ß]Lost~ » Sun May 03, 09 9:55 pm

Achéro wrote:
nofuckingclue wrote:
Achéro wrote:Slimline was great, and people downloaded it. What hasn't been done is mass advertising for it, and influencing others that might be interested. Most people think "yeah sure, it's a game, whatever" when you mention it. However.. when you mention it comes equipped with the SDK, the opinion changes when the person realizes they ca create their own maps, mods, etc. even if they give that a try and don't like it.. they'll still be hooked on SP or MP (perhaps both).



Sike.
You already mentioned to me that it was pointless on msn, why must you mention this again to bring others down with your pessimism? You also gave my youtube video a 1 star? :cry:

All anyone has to do is direct people Either to the youtube video, or straight to download its self. :(


Since when are you an elite mapper?


Since when were you an immature asshole? Gtfo Sike.


I have not brought up any kind of immaturity or disrespect towards you with any of my posts in this topic. Just because you post something, it doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you. And since this forum encourages freedom of speech, I'm entitled to my own opinion and I'm allowed to freely express it.

The multiplayer part of the game isn't alone gonna get any permanent players, just those who are purely irrelevent to it. Hence why there's not one player in DXMP who got into it just because of Slimline or by DejaVu's DXMP.net patch.

I made a cracked copy of Deus Ex few years back. It included the whole singleplayer and multiplayer parts with various important modifications such as MTL, Engine.dll fix (for viewing demorecs) etc. The aim of it was maybe to get a couple more players to the multiplayer. The singleplayer was the important part of it. That didn't work out too well, but instead I received emails from atleast five different people around the globe. They had heard somewhere about Deus Ex and finally had a chance to try it out. They asked me more information about the game and thanked me for my effort. Though the effort put to that project was only a matter of few hours...

So what can you expect... I'm sure you will find a couple of people who will finish the singleplayer and love it. What you won't do is safe the DXMP community or blow anymore activity to it.

What this game doesn't need anymore is more twelve year old little HDD21 wannabes running around, telling people they are gonna save the game with their shitty masterservers and newb cube maps. The people this game needs are those old enough to pass the M rating. But too bad, they are mostly too mature to realize how much the multiplayer sucks balls now.

In short...

Singleplayer = will always be one of the best games ever made and will always be remembered by gamers because of it's immersive storyline and pure awesomeness.

Multiplayer = just shit and won't be saved anymore.
Sike
clanb.deus-ex.net

Legion wrote:By default, I'm bi. However I've spent a great deal of time "burying" that aspect of me...
~[ß]Lost~
Poster
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 08 1:06 am
Location: Finland

Postby Dex » Sun May 03, 09 10:17 pm

nofuckingclue wrote:In short...

Singleplayer = will always be one of the best games ever made and will always be remembered by gamers because of it's immersive storyline and pure awesomeness.

Multiplayer = just shit and won't be saved anymore.


I actually agree with you.
Last edited by Dex on Sun May 03, 09 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dex
Forum Hero
 
Posts: 2696
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 07 6:17 pm
Location: Bosnian Fellaorgy Clay

Postby Aidan » Sun May 03, 09 11:23 pm

Still.. I'm trying to do something for the community.. but all anyone ever does is bring me down, make me feel horrible, when all i want to do is help..
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby Hanover Fist » Mon May 04, 09 1:43 am

Slimline was mostly downloaded by players who were already familiar with DXMP and either lost their CD's or cba to reinstall the entire fucknugget again.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
User avatar
Hanover Fist
Master
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 04 1:32 am
Location: Cali

Postby Aidan » Mon May 04, 09 2:13 am

[T]RECLAIMER wrote:Slimline was mostly downloaded by players who were already familiar with DXMP and either lost their CD's or cba to reinstall the entire fucknugget again.


Good point.

...and DXFE is for anyone. New or Old Players.
User avatar
Aidan
CandyMan
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 06 8:57 am
Location: The Great White North

Next

Return to Multiplayer

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest