Unreal Editor 1112 fm Fix for Windows 7

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Unreal Editor 1112 fm Fix for Windows 7

Postby WCCC » Mon Apr 12, 10 5:15 am

:D well I just got a new computer for my birthday, and as to be expected it runs on windows 7. I instaleld DX on it and found out that normal DX runs 100% fine, but the Unreal Editor from the SDK 1112 fm is broken! it needs a file that no longer exists on windows 7 and probably not on vista either, so I wrote down the name of the component, expecting it to be one of many needed, and pulled it off of my mom's computer which runs on XP. I did this to find out that it's the ONLY component needed to be installed for Unreal Ed 1112fm to work on windows 7! And I figured I'd share this AWESOME fix with you guys, if you know anyone who has this problem on windows 7 try linking them this topic and rejoice in celebration! If it still doesn't work try running it in Window XP SP (service pack) 3 mode, because I do that in addition to using this .DLL, you simply place this single .DLL file in your C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder and boot up unreal ed 1112fm, and it should work!
Attachments
UnrealEditor1112fmFix.zip
THANKS A SH*T-TON BILL GATES FOR CLUSER F*CKING OLDER SOFTWARE!
(687.79 KiB) Downloaded 1513 times
F*cking college... you're not my best friend anymore.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Apr 12, 10 12:20 pm

so ur saying dat u dint knew about this?

tis is also on vista
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby WCCC » Mon Apr 12, 10 12:57 pm

~DJ~ wrote:so ur saying dat u dint knew about this?

tis is also on vista

so the fix was already available you're saying? also so clarification and non locat grammars would be nice.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Apr 12, 10 11:21 pm

http://dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... nreal++fix

That contained the DLLs also.. so liek.. since hotlinkfiles is down.. I guess I don't have it anymoar :$
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby WCCC » Tue Apr 13, 10 11:24 pm

well that is rather handy stuff, however that is NOT what i am doing here. what you are doing is making it so you have the files needed to use unreal ed 1112 fm that would not be present had you not used the disc. what I am getting at, is that there are files necessary for operation of unreal ed 1112fm that you can't get even with the disc installation, they are files that are found naturally in all windows versions before windows 7, and possibly before vista.

We are doing two completely different types of maintenance here, but do you still have the names of the .DLL's needed for unreal ed that ARE found on the deus ex disc? would be rather halpful for a future of fully functional DX that never needs a cd again.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby The RZA » Tue Oct 08, 13 2:31 pm

i just tried this. put the file into my system32 folder and i still get the same error. what else do i have to do?

God Made Dirt, and Dirt Will Bust Yo' Ass!
The RZA
Alpha

Postby The RZA » Tue Oct 08, 13 2:57 pm

ok i fixed it. put the dll file into my dx system folder. fixed the problem right up.

The RZA
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Tue Oct 08, 13 3:37 pm

I didn't know you had an interest in unrealed, or is this a new development :P
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby The RZA » Wed Oct 09, 13 7:40 am

i used to do it a long time ago before i quit playing. i edited a few weapons too lol. too bad i dont remember how to do any of it anymore.

The RZA
Alpha

Postby ProtoType » Thu Jan 30, 14 2:02 am

go use unrealed 2.0 much more stable
ProtoType

Return to Modifications