DXMP Russian Video

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

DXMP Russian Video

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Aug 04, 12 3:40 am

HEY DAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vq2avBmxaA

Please translate like all of this video please kthnx?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Kaiden » Sat Aug 04, 12 10:57 am

why do they keep shooting rockets into ADS :(
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Aug 04, 12 5:22 pm

I think they're completely new, not related to DXMP at all. Check their channel out. They go play multiplayer games together.

I'm not sure how that Player guy got in the game though, he seemed to have owned everyone :lol:
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Sat Aug 04, 12 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psycho » Sat Aug 04, 12 11:27 pm

I played in that server, and one of them called me a cheater :shock:
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ~DJ~ » Sun Aug 05, 12 2:08 am

should've passworded the server in their private sessions. :lol:
But it's great that some group of players find multiplayer games and play em'
I wonder if they'd stick around and come see communities over here.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Sun Aug 05, 12 8:01 am

I hope they don't, DXMP is a shit hole.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Sun Aug 05, 12 9:55 am

James wrote:I hope they don't, DXMP is a shit hole.

Just your opinion.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ~DJ~ » Sun Aug 05, 12 10:07 am

well by communities I meant DXAlpha as well. :lol:
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Sun Aug 05, 12 10:09 am

Fine.

I hope they dont, DXMP is just like any other average videogame's multiplayer, it failed to gain an audience outside of the niche crowd who attempt to support it. Sadly like those other games with a low population, the community is split up in opinion of how the videogame should be played. I feel it would be a waste of time if they invested themselves into a stagnant/dying community.

To be fair shit hole summed that up.
Last edited by James on Sun Aug 05, 12 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Alex » Sun Aug 05, 12 12:36 pm

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:

Just your opinion.

Check the video, this guy called anax keeps yelling 'fag fag fag' eventually.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Sun Aug 05, 12 1:14 pm

Alex wrote:
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:

Just your opinion.

Check the video, this guy called anax keeps yelling 'fag fag fag' eventually.

Well ye, anax is a fag, though I doubt this guy is anax. There's a notorious Polish player called Olo, who does nothing but impersonate and teamkill all day everyday.

But yeh DX is a shithole, I'm just narrow minded because I still play the game, and it's the only fps game I play.

The video is actually embarassing, they somehow managed to attract 50% of the idiots of the game.
Last edited by Psycho on Sun Aug 05, 12 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Psychotic » Sun Aug 05, 12 3:07 pm

Why would you join what was primarily a DXMP-based community if you think DXMP is shit? I mean sure, we could hardly call this forum that anymore, but it wasn't always like this.

And are you calling DXMP a shithole due to the players or the game itself?
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby James » Sun Aug 05, 12 4:55 pm

Ha. To play other games with them.

I think DXMP is nothing special, at all. I've argued that we give it so special attention for it. There are some (also unsuccessful) videogames just like DXMP now, so I don't see a unique charm anymore. I'm concerned it was just a convenient online multi-player game because of how cheap it was plu it worked well with dial-up. I would argue a lot of the 2002+ people who bought it noticed it had a cool cover. I think what annoys me the most is that some people cling onto the MP using the excuse that it's the component of a prestigious videogame called Deus Ex.

Magniir wrote:And are you calling DXMP a shithole due to the players or the game itself?

Mixture of both. Most of the decent people from DXMP no longer play or are inactive. Some decent people who are still post, browse this forum and play the game.

I quit on DXMP because I wanted to play better videogames and see new faces. It's like a thread from half a year ago. It's nothing new that I've valued and wanted a dream transition for this part of the community to bring in DX fans. It should concern others that this has been more than a DXMP forum for a long time, the MP section itself is a sub-forum. I consider what will be the eventual fate of this forum as a Deus Ex community.

Ironically, I think DXALPHA's incarnations were always the best DXMP forums. FGS and that THC forum are awful, DCSB was awful.
Last edited by James on Sun Aug 05, 12 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Sun Aug 05, 12 6:00 pm

It's unfair to judge a game based on what has come out after it.

Of course modern games are far better than DXMP, and DXMP hasn't aged well at all, but Deus Ex is a game that was made in 2000, it's multiplayer being released roughly two years later. It should be judged off games that were also released then, not games released after.

I don't think it's very fair to judge a game based off what came after it simply because modern games usually have major improvements over previous games in a series or genre. This is pretty obvious. We can look back and say what we thought Deus Ex did right and what it could have done better, but saying it's a "shithole" because new games are "better" is fallacious.

Saying it's a "shithole" based on community is fine because that's just opinion. I don't agree with it in comparison to other communities but I'd say it's probably relative (more people play Call of Duty so there are more assholes there, but the actual percentage of assholes is probably similar across the board).

As for your last comment? There's a reason I've posted on this forum more than any other board. I've racked up more posts - whether they be spam or legitimate discussion - on this forum than any other forum I've ever been a member of.

This is a mixture of three things: The first is because this was the first forum I ever really contributed seriously on. The second is because most other forums are full of ignorant wankrags (insult of the day) who I don't particularly care for.

The third is because, as I've said time and time again, I prefer smaller communities. They feel more tight-knit but also because everyone who wants a say gets a say and most of them won't just be ignored as another face in the crowd. Mostly I just like that because I enjoy reading other peoples opinions but am an egotistical, opinionated and narcissistic bastard and enjoy expressing my own, too.
Last edited by Psychotic on Sun Aug 05, 12 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby James » Sun Aug 05, 12 6:02 pm

Fine, basic mechanics and netcode of Deus Ex MP was awful compared to other shooters of up to 2-5 years prior to it.
Last edited by James on Sun Aug 05, 12 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Sun Aug 05, 12 6:08 pm

James wrote:Fine, basic mechanics and netcode of Deus Ex MP was awful compared to other shooters of up to 2-5 years prior to it.

These are completely legitimate reasons.

Seriously, DXMP was the goddamn shittiest game in regards to code optimization ever. I mean, TF2 is pretty bad but DXMP was just hell in a goddamn hand-basket.

Granted, it didn't help that most servers were UK based.
Last edited by Psychotic on Sun Aug 05, 12 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Dae » Sun Aug 05, 12 10:29 pm

DXMP was an excellent game, very diverse and very enjoyable. Sure it was poorly optimized, sure it lacked a lot of features such as a voice-chat or proper player animations, and for many other reasons it could have never become mainstream, but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun.
Dae
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sun Aug 05, 12 10:47 pm

I'm with Dae, it was very influential to me as a person and the other communities I've been a part of come nowhere close
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Sun Aug 05, 12 11:26 pm

I don't deny I had fun and at the time it was definitely a very unique experience. But these surely these aren't what make an 'excellent game' considering how flawed and out-dated the gameplay was on release. I would argue it was less diverse but rather more complex than other titles.

Also, Deus Ex animations are fucking terribad they're awesome.

Had the same discussion last week Came down to this:
"DXMP is fucking funny […] there's shitloads of dumb stuff you can mess around with."
I'm inclined to agree. Not playing properly or exploring glitches was the most fun I had haha.
Last edited by James on Mon Aug 06, 12 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby DxPlayer » Mon Aug 06, 12 12:46 am

DXMP RPG maps were anarchy. Loved it. For a proper RPG experience in DXMP please make it based on killing, wars and guns, the apartment thing and etc were always very boring, ending up with some guys (cough*me included*cough) invading apartments and killing everyone. Instead of playing the police role some people use to counter with admin power. Decorating empty rooms that would be reseted after some minutes always sounded retarded to me. KILL THEM ALL!!

Admin rooms were good to throw grenades in and kill the VIP modafuckers.

I REGRET NUTHIN.
Last edited by DxPlayer on Mon Aug 06, 12 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby Psychotic » Mon Aug 06, 12 12:46 am

I have fond memories of DXMP regardless, largely because it was the first FPS game I ever tried to play seriously.
Psychotic
Master

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Aug 06, 12 2:24 am

Wow, yeah, I hadn't watched the video completely. Lots of stuff like 'noob' and 'fag' do pop up.. pretty bad I think.
It was good to read of what everyone thought, but now I have a question.. if let's just say these things could be fixed.. the player-animations, or the net-code to some point, would any of you be willing to come back and play or so? what else do you think should be here for you to play the game again?
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Mon Aug 06, 12 6:32 am

No. I'd rather bring the playerbase to actually play the singleplayer lol
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Alex » Mon Aug 06, 12 8:10 am

~DJ~ wrote:Wow, yeah, I hadn't watched the video completely. Lots of stuff like 'noob' and 'fag' do pop up.. pretty bad I think.
It was good to read of what everyone thought, but now I have a question.. if let's just say these things could be fixed.. the player-animations, or the net-code to some point, would any of you be willing to come back and play or so? what else do you think should be here for you to play the game again?

Nope, I admit I have a game once in a while, but am always disappointed by the playerbase, and their behaviour. The video is a great example of that.
And changing people's behaviour can be quite difficult to change..
Alex
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Mon Aug 06, 12 10:09 am

James wrote:No. I'd rather bring the playerbase to actually play the singleplayer lol

Singleplayer co-op would be... interesting, to say the least.

Honestly, I have never had very good experiences with most online communities. Most of the games I've played have far too many people thinking they're hot shit and displaying the general elitist attitude that I no longer care for finding new people to play with.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Kaiden » Mon Aug 06, 12 10:41 am

DXMP was never a great game, we as a community in general just made it fun and enjoyable - at least that's how I see it.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Aug 06, 12 10:43 am

It is possible that James enjoyed relative amount of beginner fun in dxmp but besides that his knowledge of the online game is restricted strictly to forum trolling, with more flamewar badges under his belt than some have hair on their balls.

DXMP is an incredibly promising form of a competitive online shooter, a fantastic concept that never got past the phase of being the bastard child of couple enthusiastic devs. The potential of dxmp within the current shooter scene is unfathomable, its current state pathetic at best.

In a way both SS2 MP and DXMP had its rights in what many perceived as plain wrong. Some would argue that SS2 did it right whereas DXMP got it wrong, but a coop in DXMP would've proven to be far greater challenge than the devs, who were already wrapping up, would've been agreeable with.

An additional note about DXMP: it is far easier to understand the potential in the typical dxmp that we know, by some referred to as the "real" dxmp, than it is to ponder on the possibilities brought forth by alternative gametypes and mods.

0augs would require far too much work, too many ideas, wandering far from its original mechanics, to be feasible as a title that would gain gaming community interest. Think snowblind mp, or something along the lines of. Or in short, you'd have to build a new game.

DXAG would require extensive overhaul - more than was already introduced through several versions - to get anywhere.

RPG I suppose got somewhere, but lies so far beneath my radar that I've never really understood the charm. Entirely possible that people go there to relieve themselves of the anguish the shitty state of other game types eventually saturates them with.

atdm and btdm are the only remotely functional game types in this game, in their raw and unbalanced state they bring their unique carnage to the players, allowing for a glimpse into the possibilities of what they could or could've been.

What concerns the community: everything in the dxmp universe works through a twisted form of balance and harmony - james doesn't know much about the actual dxmp, but knows lot about everything else, the members who actually play the game know a lot about the game, but not much about anything else.
To gain respect in this shit hole you need to slap your dick on the table, ban a few people, download a funbot and claim supremacy through an easily understood tag.

After so many years I look at the conceptual and functional aspects of the games that I allow myself to invest my time in, and conceptually no other game out there is superior to certain elements of dxmp that the forum jedi here will never truly understand.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Aug 06, 12 10:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Marder » Mon Aug 06, 12 10:52 am

No-one reads the 15,000 year old "Gilgamesh Epic" anymore, but it did inspire the book of Genesis, the Koran and the Upanishads. This is the point about Deus Ex, the influence it has had on the games industry is huge.

James wrote:the community is split up in opinion of how the videogame should be played

This is basically it. Groups within DXMP spend their energy trying to manipulate and convert the players and editors, rather than just figure out how to increase the numbers of players so that all gametypes can co-exist in peace.

What is noticable, is that often the strongest of opinion is backing the most extreme of ideas, e.g. maps which are the size of a helicopter, or maps for pro play.

Whether these people will ever stop being selfish, I can't say, but it's servers like GODZ, Altfire, Arena Bots, Stargate, DXAG which have been proven to recruit substantial permanent players and editors, not the current 0-aug servers, not the current pro servers. As long as pro players and "fun" servers continue to live separate, the game will die a slow painful death.

There are plenty of fight games which are much better for fighting, if the MP game could evolve towards something more like the single player, like Facetown, Cagematch or other projects happening, then possibly it has a future.
Last edited by Marder on Mon Aug 06, 12 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marder
Poster

Postby James » Mon Aug 06, 12 10:52 am

r12m wrote:incredibly promising form of a competitive online shooter

Promising? It never promised anything. The community made the competitive balancing (MTL) and the split sides decided on what gametypes they invest time into and support. The same community was always lazy with expanding on this and the player population had nothing to do with it.

The concept of the creation of DXMP was nothing special, it was simply Deus Ex with a multi-player. I repeat as I did above and have been doing for years, the community literally made (and break) this game. That's what's truly special.
Last edited by James on Mon Aug 06, 12 10:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Mon Aug 06, 12 10:59 am

the community is split up in opinion of how the videogame should be played

It may once have been true, but with the given resources it is not a competition. Most do not know what they are talking about, the others focus on modding in their own direction, to which they are fully entitled to.

I have 1001 ideas to make 0augs into a playable form of multiplayer game but ideas is all it'll ever remain, for all of us, until then it is an inferior generic shooter. I welcome anyone to disagree, as long as they are able to specify as to why they think it is not generic.

All other game types do not really concern the stand off within the community.

I am one of the best 0aug players for years and a formidable enemy in auged gametypes, as such I do believe my statements hold a bit of water.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Next

Return to Multiplayer