Game won't launch

Project: 2027 modification discussion. Download it now!

Moderator: Ded

Game won't launch

Postby Jake_Denton » Thu Jan 31, 13 10:56 pm

I'd really love to play this mod, I'm a huge Deus Ex fan but I can't for the life of me get this game to launch. I've tried reinstalling everything, I've tried using Kentie's launcher to select the proper data directories and launch it with that but all I get is some music and "2027" with no menu.

When I launch it with the 2027 launcher (tried every setting) I just get windows asking me if I want to send an error report. I've tried downloading all sorts of different DirectX redists and I have run the web setup. My drivers are up to date as well.

My Deus Ex is updated to 1112fm also. Please help! I'd really like to try and fix it but I can't find a troubleshooting FAQ or any posts that have a problem similar to mine. I've also tried it on 2 different operating systems.

My specs

i5 3570k 3.4ghz
8gb ram
Intel HD 4000 (is this the problem? I can run Deus Ex HR fine..)
Jake_Denton

Postby Mastakilla » Thu Jan 31, 13 11:31 pm

You DO have Deus Ex installed right?

Try running as administrator?

Try running in compatibility mode?

Also, just some music and 2027 with no menu, you mean it's on the main menu but the menu isn't showing up? Or just the splash screen?

I really don't know what the problem could be, just throwing random options at you :) Hope someone can help you sort it out, the mod is awesome.

Edit:

http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17602

That should help you, actually
You probably need to get .NET Framework 3.5, link is in that topic
Last edited by Mastakilla on Thu Jan 31, 13 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Jake_Denton » Fri Feb 01, 13 12:52 am

Edit: I guess I should've checked what error it was, because it IS indeed listed on the troubleshooting page, it was the BEX error, and I turned DEP off and now it works.

Although it wouldn't allow me to add 2027 as an exception, it said that it needs it to run so I had to disable DEP entirely. Anyways, so far the game looks awesome, and thanks for the quick reply otherwise I may not have read the troubleshooting page again and noticed that.

PS, I get crackling noises every few seconds, not that bad but i was wondering if there's a way to change the sound latency?
Last edited by Jake_Denton on Fri Feb 01, 13 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jake_Denton

Postby Mastakilla » Fri Feb 01, 13 1:48 am

Yes there should be an option for sound latency in the .ini file in the install directory. There should be a 2027.ini, but I can't tell for sure as I'm on a system without 2027 or Deus Ex for that matter installed.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Jake_Denton » Fri Feb 01, 13 5:39 am

Found it, thanks.

Is it just me or does the mouse movement have a bit of lag? I searched the ini for a setting but couldn't find anything. Seems like it should be more responsive, I know that Deus Ex Invisible War had the same problem which was patched.
Jake_Denton

Return to Project 2027