Deus Ex: Universe announced

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Deus Ex: Universe announced

Postby Baleout » Wed Oct 02, 13 4:45 pm

is an “expanding and connected game world” that includes a new PC game

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/02/deus- ... ampaign=uk

Eidos Montreal, sensing how much people love Deus Ex, and how disappointed people are when a Deus Ex announcement turns out to be an iPhone game, have revealed Deus Ex: Universe. Rather than one single game, it’s a giant web of media spin-offs that “will include PC and console games”. In fact, part of the announcement post confirms the existence of a proper Human Revolution follow-up, planned for PC and next-gen boxes.

So not an MMO then, thankfully. Sort of reminds me of what The Matrix tried to do expanding past the movies.
Last edited by Baleout on Wed Oct 02, 13 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baleout
Master

Postby Mr357 » Wed Oct 02, 13 8:26 pm

Still waiting for a prequel where you play as Paul.
Mr357

Postby James » Wed Oct 02, 13 8:34 pm

I was just about to post obligatory Paul prequel message and complain about how there's not much to make of his story and that it'll be pointless.
Last edited by James on Wed Oct 02, 13 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Wed Oct 02, 13 10:14 pm

James wrote:I was just about to post obligatory Paul prequel message and complain about how there's not much to make of his story and that it'll be pointless.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Aidan » Wed Oct 02, 13 11:44 pm

Siva wrote:Image
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Mastakilla » Thu Oct 03, 13 12:33 am

Sam Carter prequel
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mr357 » Thu Oct 03, 13 2:34 am

James wrote:I was just about to post obligatory Paul prequel message and complain about how there's not much to make of his story and that it'll be pointless.

But there's all kinds of stuff that could be done, such as his experiences with Silhouette and the Luminous Path.
Mr357

Postby Aidan » Thu Oct 03, 13 3:05 am

Mr357 wrote:

But there's all kinds of stuff that could be done, such as his experiences with Silhouette and the Luminous Path.

What James is getting at, is that there is not enough information about Paul provided in the first game to consider doing a back-story prequel.

Messing about with the game's past; Eidos could easily screw up any future Deus Ex titles.

No plot-holes for me thank you, and prequels suck anyway (especially with fucking Paul). It's been more than a decade and all we're being given are prequels and fucking mobile games.

DXHR was the only prequel anyone needs, and they did it pretty well. There is a considerable amount of time between the mech-aug era and nano-aug era. I'm sure we'd all much rather see the events leading up to Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.
Last edited by Aidan on Thu Oct 03, 13 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby clyzm » Thu Oct 03, 13 6:32 am

Mastakilla wrote:Sam Carter prequel

Merced Operation DLC
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Thu Oct 03, 13 11:33 am

Actually I implied that we already know what happened throughout the course of Deus Ex 1 and it is way too low key compared to what JC Denton went through.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Thu Oct 03, 13 12:17 pm

There's history with Paul, sure, but most of it's pretty irrelevant. We learn a good portion of what we need to know in DX1. What we do not learn we don't need to know.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Tantalus » Wed Oct 16, 13 8:39 pm

I don't mind going on the same tracks with Human Revolution, really don't want IW compromise ending or even a development of what happens with a certain scenario, Iwant more development on MJ12 now. Bob Page has to be the main villain for the next game, c'mon.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psychotic » Wed Oct 16, 13 9:21 pm

I have always been interested in seeing the break-off from the Illuminati. Seems the only place we can expand upon without remaking the sequel.
Psychotic
Master

Postby ynnaD » Thu Oct 17, 13 3:07 am

How about dismissing IW and start a new sequel to Deus Ex?

A man can dream :(
Last edited by ynnaD on Thu Oct 17, 13 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Aidan » Thu Oct 17, 13 3:24 am

ynnaD wrote:How about dismissing IW and start a new sequel to Deus Ex?

A man can dream :(

I think it's pretty likely... If majority wins the "IW is (almost) shit" vote.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Hanover Fist » Mon Nov 04, 13 6:59 am

Mr357 wrote:Still waiting for a prequel where you play as Paul.

Back even before dx3 smelled like empty promise, one could assume the motif of clone brother Denton was the running theme of the player character. That is until its Enix prequel was set apart from the Dentons or evenits time, but as a tribute to the story made in its own universe slightly digressed from the originals.

Whoever makes the next game would have dibs to determine the setting along the same lines of motif. These game crafters acknowledge another by this work. Ballsy gesture to the creators and gift to the fan players.

Ever so slight disconnect between each game kept each its own fiction.

What will the next game look like if it were made by ..... whoever could do so
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Hanover Fist » Mon Nov 04, 13 7:02 am

A Paul game would have to be made with Spector or somesuch authority or it would be pitifully blasphemous and audacious to make so WILLY f`ing NILLY.

so no EA
Last edited by Hanover Fist on Mon Nov 04, 13 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Mr357 » Mon Nov 04, 13 5:46 pm

Hanover Fist wrote:A Paul game would have to be made with Spector or somesuch authority or it would be pitifully blasphemous and audacious to make so WILLY f`ing NILLY.

so no EA

I doubt EA has ever even been close to owning Deus Ex. It's mostly up to Enix, and I really don't have much faith in them anymore.
Mr357

Postby synthetic » Tue Nov 05, 13 3:56 am

I agree with the Paul-Prequel criticism there, and proper Carter-content would either represent a minor DLC or a full game that is way too close to the present to be interesting or perhaps even lack relevance to the main franchise itself. I think they might still get away with proper post-DX1 title, if at all done right.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Holobalobalo » Sat Mar 15, 14 9:50 pm

This idea actually seems to have potential... Unfortunately, given the track record of publishers recently, there's a 99.95% chance it'll end up being a half-assed money grab with content that can't even be considered canon.

Guess we'll see. Better to have hope on the horizon in the form of this than no Deus Ex at all, IMO.
Holobalobalo

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution