Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby James » Sat Apr 24, 10 8:10 pm

Oh well, by now ATi has the lead

lmao oh please that's like saying the PS3 is a videogame console.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Allan » Sat Apr 24, 10 8:50 pm

Well, if nothing else, it's a cheap(ish) Blu-Ray player.
Allan
Alpha

Postby WCCC » Sun Apr 25, 10 12:15 am

lol I own a PS3, it's actually REALLY nice and i've never had any problems with it, free net, good games, usb ports, its all good.
F*cking college... you're not my best friend anymore.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby James » Sun Apr 25, 10 8:05 am

That's a PC not a PS3. wait hold on

>usb ports

this is a significant feature
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby WCCC » Sun Apr 25, 10 5:48 pm

James wrote:That's a PC not a PS3. wait hold on

>usb ports

this is a significant feature

ya, its compatible with jump drives, keyboards, mice, mics, and probably more. it's really cool for chat in online play.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Apr 25, 10 5:57 pm

WCCC wrote:and probably more.

DxPlayer
Regular

Postby WCCC » Sun Apr 25, 10 9:38 pm

lol those are cool usb devices alex, yes i've been calling you alex for a while and im probably not going to stop any time soon :3 also guys imma be gone a my G-ma's for a week or so... so i probably won't be on at all for that time.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby James » Sun Apr 25, 10 10:49 pm

He's laughing at your post still despite you wrecking him over it.

While I'm still laughing at USB slots being noted as a significant feature of the PS3.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby WCCC » Mon Apr 26, 10 2:29 am

James wrote:He's laughing at your post still despite you wrecking him over it.

While I'm still laughing at USB slots being noted as a significant feature of the PS3.

whoa i just got back from a window xp security tool spyware and you have to imagine it like this, default scenario: if you want to chat you have to select one character at a time with a cursor on a keyboard MENU, taking 4 seconds just to type "hi."

scenario with USB ports: you can A. use a keyboard and type a shit ton faster, or B. just use a mic to actually TALK to people.

additionally, you can even back up your game data on USB drive, and bring your Little big planet profile, with all your hard work, creations, and hours of the fore mentioned over to your friends ps3, sadly it's not as good as a memory card but it's pretty good nonetheless. plus the system can be upgraded as far as actual storage space goes, i know a guy with a 720 GB hard drive, plus ps3 has an internet browser and is impenertrable to viruses for ages to come, because its data requires more power that any existing PC can handle, making it so people can't even do as much as decode the files and plot of evil scams and viruses to make for it, from what my sources tell me (a ps3 fanatic guy with a 720 GB harddrive) the ps3 uses 8 cells, each cell containing the power of 2 computer processors, so its kinda like have 4 quad cores melded together, the closest thing he's told me of in a pc is a pc with 6 cells, and that's currently still highly in development because of the needing to cool all of that WHAT DOESN'T IT HAVE? a 54% failure rate. honestly ive never had a single problem with my ps3 for the whole time i've owned it, that being a couple of years. the guy with the 720gb harddrive also tells me that a xbox 360 uses only 4 cells, and is being limited by this power, to the point where it's begining to lose titles over it, and what does make it over that's also available on the ps3 has to be watered down a bit.
8)
Last edited by WCCC on Mon Apr 26, 10 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby clyzm » Mon Apr 26, 10 3:32 am

the PS3 is not a PC. The amount of processing done on a PC is not even close to that of a PS3 which (99%) will be used to play games. A microprocessor is not the same as an actual processor.

the ps3's "data" does not require anywhere near the power of most high end PCs. A typical dual core with an older gen radeon and 400w power supply uses more power than the PS3 at full load.

each cell does not contain the power of two processors, think more like each cell is basically designed to do a quarter of what most single core processors do nowadays lol

the "pc with six cells" is not in development, its called the i7 980x and its very much real. it's a monster and the stock cooler is more than enough for its purposes.

the ps3 is a shitty system and xbox 360 is basically more popular because of this reason.

also lol @ 720gb being considered huge/necessary for PS3.
Last edited by clyzm on Mon Apr 26, 10 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby WCCC » Mon Apr 26, 10 10:07 pm

lol well that's all the data i was fed to by that guy, the guy who takes apart ps3's xbox's and pc's all the time, im not sure it's accurate because its just some guy, but the ps3 does have more power than an xbox, and that's what's really going to count in the future, besides my ps3 pwns. all the shit you hear being flung around by the ps3 has died down quite a bit because it was 99% microsoft propaganda (as they are really rich and can afford to do so) and 1% rare case of some actually having a problem with one, i'm not saying it's perfect and 720GB of hardrive space isn't necessary, it's just kinda nifty you can load that much onto a system, and it's like impossible to fill it unless you are burning a LOT of blu-rays and HD movies onto your system, like that one guy was lol.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby James » Mon Apr 26, 10 10:11 pm

the ps3 never recovered. It's less played on average than the PC and 360
Last edited by James on Mon Apr 26, 10 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Mon Apr 26, 10 10:22 pm

PS3 could be the worst console of all time, and i'd still have it over Xbox, soley because i don't want to pay a fortune just to be able to play online
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Mon Apr 26, 10 10:24 pm

hereeeeee we go again when people forget they're paying 5 years of internet with PS3, which is the average life time of each game before PSN closes services on them.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Mon Apr 26, 10 10:35 pm

WCCC wrote:lol well that's all the data i was fed to by that guy, the guy who takes apart ps3's xbox's and pc's all the time, im not sure it's accurate because its just some guy, but the ps3 does have more power than an xbox, and that's what's really going to count in the future, besides my ps3 pwns. all the shit you hear being flung around by the ps3 has died down quite a bit because it was 99% microsoft propaganda (as they are really rich and can afford to do so) and 1% rare case of some actually having a problem with one, i'm not saying it's perfect and 720GB of hardrive space isn't necessary, it's just kinda nifty you can load that much onto a system, and it's like impossible to fill it unless you are burning a LOT of blu-rays and HD movies onto your system, like that one guy was lol.

Are you implying Sony isn't rich and uses propaganda against Xbox users? Have you seen any of their latest snobby commercials?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby WCCC » Tue Apr 27, 10 2:16 am

i do watch quite a bit of tv and have yet to see a snobby commercial, and you do jump to conclusions rather quickly, i know that sony is rich they're just not microsoft rich. and quick question, how many of you ps3 bashers have ever even played let alone owned an actual ps3? with all the kids nowadays the ps3 is rather popular, or at least here in america. i have a ps3, my sister's bf has a ps3, that guy's brother has a ps3, and i know like at least 3 other people who own ps3's, and that's amzaing because i don't get a lot of social contant with how busy i am with school and modding
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby clyzm » Tue Apr 27, 10 3:43 am

WCCC wrote:i do watch quite a bit of tv and have yet to see a snobby commercial, and you do jump to conclusions rather quickly, i know that sony is rich they're just not microsoft rich. and quick question, how many of you ps3 bashers have ever even played let alone owned an actual ps3? with all the kids nowadays the ps3 is rather popular, or at least here in america. i have a ps3, my sister's bf has a ps3, that guy's brother has a ps3, and i know like at least 3 other people who own ps3's, and that's amzaing because i don't get a lot of social contant with how busy i am with school and modding

I played a PS3 and I decided it's pretty much a much more elitist version of the PS2, with much less games.

All those people with PS3s can be equally rivaled by the amount of people with Xbox 360, for example my friend has an xbox 360, my friend's friend has an xbox 360, and fifteen+ of his friends have xbox 360s, and his girlfriend has an xbox 360, and his mother's second cousin etc. you get the point.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby WCCC » Tue Apr 27, 10 5:03 am

yes, but once again you are jumping to conclusions. you are assuming that i'm saying that the ps3 is more popular than the 360, im not saying that, i'm just saying it's rising in popularity significantly, or at least in america. one thing you have to look at though is that a lot of people don't buy the ps3 simply because of its 100$ higher pricetag (last time i checked it was that), because they don't want to waste a bunch of money on a system, at which i laugh at those people because 300$ for a ps3 and then you don't really have to pay for anything else except for the games, which start out a bit pricey but quickly drop to a much cheaper price.

meanwhile lets look at the xbox 360: 200$ per system, with over a 50% chance that its going to break down on you and you're going to have to buy a new one. if that happens to a little bit over 1 in 2 people, 2 people to keep one will cost about 600$ two people to buy a ps3 will also be 600$ with a lot less chance of it breaking down. ps3 internet = free. xbox 360 internet = 15$ a month. additionally, both consoles have achievement systems. i've heard from multiple people who have owned xbox 360's that you have to get achievments to get all of the game content in many games, whereas the closest case of that i've ever seen in a ps3 game was unlocking cheats with your trophies in red faction guerilla, which i thought was cool to not have to look that up on the net, and it makes people have to actually play the game instead of just going through the game in a day with cheat codes then complaining it's not challenging. and the ps3 actually has a lot of titles, many of them i find to be enjoyable, in fact i've been satisfied with every game i've ever boughten for my ps3. examples of awesome titles: red faction guerilla, mercenaries 2 world in flames, little big planet (super thorough SDK FTW!!!!!), rainbow six vegas 2, bioshock, and many more.

if i wanted my wallet raped, i would stick it in the ass of a bob saget blow up doll and send it to prison.
WCCC
Wannabe

Postby Dae » Tue Apr 27, 10 8:49 am

WCCC wrote:with over a 50% chance that its going to break down on you and you're going to have to buy a new one.

What are you talking about? Microsoft fixed red ring of death problem ages ago.

And please use the damned punctuation. It's not that hard.
Last edited by Dae on Tue Apr 27, 10 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Tue Apr 27, 10 3:10 pm

The PS3 ain't all bad, I just wanna go to a mate's house and play FIFA every now and then, and it works fine. What else do you need? All this bitching about hardware is hilarious :lol:
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Tue Apr 27, 10 5:36 pm

Dae wrote:Microsoft fixed red ring of death problem ages ago.

No
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Zantinzuken » Tue Apr 27, 10 5:49 pm

Dae wrote:What are you talking about? Microsoft fixed red ring of death problem ages ago.

Have an Elite 360 and even that's still acting up.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby Dae » Tue Apr 27, 10 7:23 pm

James wrote:

No

Oh... That is what I was told in a computer store when I was choosing between PS3 and Xbox 360. The guy said that red rings problem affected only the earlier shipments. Pity, but I'm glad that I've chosen a PS3 then.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Apr 28, 10 10:08 am

Dae wrote:
James wrote:

No

Oh... That is what I was told in a computer store when I was choosing between PS3 and Xbox 360. The guy said that red rings problem affected only the earlier shipments. Pity, but I'm glad that I've chosen a PS3 then.

HAHA

Finally a point scored for PS3
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby DxPlayer » Wed Apr 28, 10 6:37 pm

Dae wrote:
James wrote:

No

The new Xbox Jasper has less chances of having a red ring death problem. Probably that guy was saying the truth, specially if he said that in November/09.

PS3 is not free of troubles, YLODs and other malfunctions can affect ur console anytime. Actually I think the PS3 has the same chances of a Xbox 360 Jasper of getting an error.

About the USB thing, there's a new update on the Xbox Live that enables reading from Flash drivers.
Last edited by DxPlayer on Wed Apr 28, 10 6:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby Siva » Wed Apr 28, 10 6:43 pm

no this is a bad thread
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Tantalus » Wed Apr 28, 10 8:35 pm

WCCC wrote:lol well that's all the data i was fed to by that guy, the guy who takes apart ps3's xbox's and pc's all the time, im not sure it's accurate because its just some guy, but the ps3 does have more power than an xbox, and that's what's really going to count in the future, besides my ps3 pwns. all the shit you hear being flung around by the ps3 has died down quite a bit because it was 99% microsoft propaganda (as they are really rich and can afford to do so) and 1% rare case of some actually having a problem with one, i'm not saying it's perfect and 720GB of hardrive space isn't necessary, it's just kinda nifty you can load that much onto a system, and it's like impossible to fill it unless you are burning a LOT of blu-rays and HD movies onto your system, like that one guy was lol.
"Microsoft are rich and can afford to do so".

OHHH YES BECAUSE SONY IS A FUCKING UNDERDOG.

All this bullshit about "hyper-realism" and "power to match a supercomputer", what has it brought us that redefines the way we see games? Nothing. It's brought some nice games which were (in my opinion) pretty damned solid. But certainly not ground-breaking.

Only NOW, 4 years later, is the Blu-Ray actually showing an advantage over dual-layered DVD's.

This forum has regressed.
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Wed Apr 28, 10 8:41 pm

SONY OWN MORE MONEY THAN MICROSOFT STUPID WCCC
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Apr 28, 10 9:16 pm

Not an insult.

It was fact.

Which needed to be addressed.

Admin abuse.
Last edited by James on Wed Apr 28, 10 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Apr 28, 10 9:18 pm

http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 004#275004

warn me instead here you stupid fuck

and here

and above
Last edited by James on Wed Apr 28, 10 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Next

Return to Gaming and Technology