Newbs and High Pinger Guide to Augging:

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Newbs and High Pinger Guide to Augging:

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Mon Jan 09, 06 11:20 pm

High ping players and Newbs guide to Augging:

Throughout the many years I have played this game, I have seen little players with high pings achieve in augging. You see, many years ago, I couldn't seem to rifle a thing, I learnt that my ping was stopping me. I thought, well, if I use weapons that don't really count on ping, I can succeed. For many people, they didn't know where to start and have very little people to learn a technique to use with thier ping from. Most DX'rs are rifling and the high-pingers try it, can't get a single hit. After awhile they give up and go to non-augs. I wrote this guide for that cause, newbies can use it too for a platform for augs. But really, it is written with people with high ping in mind.

First off, you need some binds:

You should already know how to midify your user.ini. Good binds for augs are the letters surrounding the WASD keys. For example, I use Z=Cloak/Vision, Q=Targeting/Ballistics, E=Speed/Power Recirc, R=Regeneration, Y=Agressive Defence System and SHIFT=Combat Strength. I also have 2 seperate user.ini's. One for targeting and one for ballistics. The Ballistics one is a normal bind for Ballistics, q key. However for the targeting one, I alter one bind. LeftMouse=ActivateAugmentation 3|ParseLeftClick|Fire|OnRelease ActivateAugmentation 3. This flicks on targeting when you start firing and lets it off when you stop. It doesn't work for ballistics, so don't try. I use If you have no idea about how to set these, PM me.

-------------------------

You should know what skills are, but if you don't, here you go:

Heavys - Makes you more effective and accurate with Heavy weapons. You also lock faster with GEP.
Pistol - Make you more accurate and effective with pistols.
Rifle - Make you more accurate and effective with rifle weapons.
Low-tech - Make you more accurate and effective with Low-tech.
Demolition - Make you more accurate and effective with Grenades.
Enviromental Resistance - IDK, I never use this one.
Lockpicking - Makes you many times faster with lockpicks.
Multitool - Makes you many times faster with multitool.
Medicine - Makes you more effective with medkits.
Computer - Makes you more effective with Turrets and makes you faster when hacking thier control panels.

Augs we will use and what they do:

Speed Enhancement- Enhances a players speed, many times harder to hit and can jump many times higher.
Combat Strength - Doubles a players hit damage with melee weapons.
Ballistic Protection - Absorbs about 39% damage from rifle and ballistic attacks.
Cloak - Makes player invisble, unless another player has vision or you have a weapon out.
Aggressive Defense System - Stops Rockets, WP, HE and Laws. Most of the time anyway...
Regeneration - Regenerates your health at fast rate. Like 10 points per second.
Targeting - Increases a players damage on all weapons. Also makes Master skill Geps lock very fast.

The Aug lineups we will use, and what they do:

Aug offensive for open maps like Silo, Cath, CMD and A51:

Speed Enhancement
Cloak
Targeting
Aggressive Defense System
Regeneration
Combat Strength
(What ever you want from here)

Aug Defensive for open maps like Silo, Cath, CMD and A51:

Speed Enhancement
Cloak
Ballistic Protection
Regeneration
Combat Strength

Aug Offensive for closed maps like Smuggler and Morbias:

Speed Enhancement
Combat Strength
Cloak
Targeting
Regeneration

Aug Defensive for closed maps like Smuggler and Morbias:
Speed Enhancement
Combat Strength
Ballistic Protection
Cloak
Regeneration

Using These Aug combinations with weapons:

Aug offensive for open maps like Silo, Cath, CMD and A51:

Speed Enhancement
Cloak
Targeting
Regeneration
Combat Strength

This one is my favorite for open maps. I start off upgrading my lockpicking and heavys skills, Cloaking and heading out. I take a mental note of who is treaked and who is not. I go and get a Lam and a cell with my pick, go and find more picks and get HE. Look for weird places to plants your lams, open a door and plant one between the hinges is always good. Now, look for someone who is not streaked and switch on speed and HE them. Cloaking immediatly after. Now I go get some more Bio and lams/He, and look for more people. I lam the people with streaks and HE the people without. Very few people have ADS as an initial augs, so you can feel confident when HEing a non-streaked person. However, for streaked people, I EMP them then quickly HE.

After my first kill, I upgrade multi-tooling skills, so I can get a full recharge from the bots. I do the same again and then upgrade heavys to max. Now, I get out my gep and switch on Targ, now the gep locks in about a second, shoot and cloak. You eventually get so good with locking, you'll lock in some mid-air jumps. After this I upgrade my Medicine, for obvious reasons. From then you get the picture.

Aug Defensive for open maps like Silo, Cath, CMD and A51:

Speed Enhancement
Cloak
Ballistic Protection
Regeneration
Combat Strength

This style is almost exactly the same, except with most people Speed rifling, you'll survive alot longer in a fight with someone with vision but won't be as effective as if you had targeting.

Aug Offensive for closed maps like Smuggler and Morbias:

Speed Enhancement
Combat Strength
Cloak
Targeting
Regeneration

This style is very effective, ecspecially in servers like Big Dawgs where you start with 3 augs. It is recommended for high ping players in close range maps. I start off maxing out Low-tech, grabbing GEP, Throwing Knives and DTS. There is plenty of Bio Avialible on these maps so we don't need Lockpicking. So cloak and move out, when you see your opponent, switch on Combat Strength and speed and start tossing throwing knives at a thier forehead level, with combat strength on, one knive to the head will kill. However, if they have Ballistic protection, it takes 2. After your first kill you will have Targeting and Regen. Now, when you are using the Targeting bind, click for each knive you throw, so you are saving bio. Regeneration is handy aug to have on while taking damage because you are healing at a fast rate while being damaged. So upgrade your multi-tooling skills so you can have a fresh bio supply and knive away. Not much more too it. Another style that works with this is the same technique but you put Targeting in your initial aug lineup and use Plasma and GEP. It kills very fast when aims at thier feet.

Aug Defensive for closed maps like Smuggler and Morbias:
Speed Enhancement
Combat Strength
Ballistic Protection
Cloak
Regeneration

This is the same style except you are using ballistics so you can last many times as long in a fight and throw many more knives, when using ballistics and regeneration together it's a huge bio drain but if you're stocked on cells, you make a very hard to kill target.

This won't come to any player straight away, get quick with your binds, be patient and practice.

'Quisquam parumper iuguolo' - Anything for a kill.

P.S

Bobo is a hot sex kitten.
Last edited by ~Hy[ß]rid~ on Mon Jan 09, 06 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Vancha » Mon Jan 09, 06 11:25 pm

wow usefull shit i c thanx i suppose
[align=center] Unholy
[/align]
Vancha
Poster

Postby MainMan » Mon Jan 09, 06 11:36 pm

Very helpful, thanks. What about using EMPs to drain bio?
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Mon Jan 09, 06 11:41 pm

I put that somewhere. Good for cloakers too, you you got your speakers up and can hear them. EMP.

This style relys alot on tactics for most of it. I like plant a lam and uncloak and lead a player into a room and dive for cover. Works brilliantly.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Mon Jan 09, 06 11:43 pm

Nice Guide, lol. Me be using that, me like cloaking also cause me like being sneaky and me being a total retard when me talk like this, rofl.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Splitter » Mon Jan 09, 06 11:53 pm

Nice guide :D
»§plíttèr/§plícè«
» ÐÇsß « » eNigma² «
Getting TK'd since 24/11/03
Splitter
Alpha

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Jan 10, 06 12:23 am

Thanks, I was in the shower and thought of it. Took me about 15-20 mins.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Jan 10, 06 1:22 am

Rofl, thats a weird place to think of it...
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Jan 10, 06 3:02 am

Just to show you the scores you can achieve from using these tactics... So simply yet so well. I just made this demo 10 mins ago for this purpose, nothing special just using the tactics I showed you to get a good score against good players.
Attachments
HEnub.rar
So many good players aliasing in here. High ping god shows them though..
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 431 times
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Tuler » Tue Jan 10, 06 4:19 am

I played on 56k for most of my time at DX, and I learned to snipe and rifle decently. You won't be able to beat the top players in a 1v1, so you really need to learn to ambush them. The best is to go with a cloak speed start, and to max picks. You should grab some lams, and EMP and whatever else you can find (gas can be VERY effective). If you do end up in a fight with them, try to get them in a SMALL space (small corridors in the middle level of Cathedral), this will cause their ping to spike, and they won't be used to it; this gives you a HUGE advantage.

ALWAYS aim ahead.

I prefer cloak because I can sneak around better, and when you use vision you're almost constantly in combat, when you're on a slow connection this is a bad thing. Attack and hide to get them to use up their medkits, than go all out and shoot for the head, if you start to take too much damage heal yourself up and go at it again. (Best is to max rifles, than healthkit if you don't want/have to pick to get LAMS and EMP) If you have rifles maxed start off ALWAYS with a sniper shot, zoomed in to the head. Aim slightly lower, but still in the head box in order to his the chest if you miss, this'll cause them to use a medkit almost 100% of the time (Unless they are tanking, then just EMP/LAM them). Hit em, cloak, wait a moment, hit em again, try to make sure they use all of their medkits. Speed is a must in order to sneak off (Which is why cloak/speed are good starters) Do this until they've used all/most of their medkits, and hit em up with a sniper show and go in full with rifles.

I'm too sleepy to go into plasma and knife right now, so I'll do that another time.

DON'T USE DTS!!!!!!! lol You'll think you're hitting them, and you'll hear the sound, but you won't be :(
Tuler
Wannabe

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Jan 10, 06 4:26 am

I did alright with DTS a few mins ago.....
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Jan 10, 06 5:27 am

The way I aug when agianst good players is I collect all my stuff first then camp and frag like a whore...
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Jan 10, 06 5:36 am

Haha, Shows that on my demo. That's not how I usually play but I was showing the style I explained.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Dejavu » Tue Jan 10, 06 11:06 am

dude, do u even know energy shield? cos its not in a single tax of you? what you gonna do against plazma man? you will just die if you used this tax. i see no reason to use combat in big maps, since knives, DTS aint so useful (are not long range weapons). that means combat strenght is a total waste and energy shield has to take place.

i dont know guys, but i think that most of you are just some wannabes that never were good in augging, just wannabe good, and when big oldschool players like monkee comes back, you just leave the server, b4 getting owned.

if you really wanna learn how to proper aug, go to triad forums, register, and download ALL messiahs demos. there you will learn some fine aug gameplay.
Dejavu
Regular

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Jan 10, 06 11:21 am

I'm sayign high pingers dude, the basics. I use energy shield and shit.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Jan 10, 06 11:24 am

DejaVu wrote:dude, do u even know energy shield? cos its not in a single tax of you? what you gonna do against plazma man? you will just die if you used this tax. i see no reason to use combat in big maps, since knives, DTS aint so useful (are not long range weapons). that means combat strenght is a total waste and energy shield has to take place.

i dont know guys, but i think that most of you are just some wannabes that never were good in augging, just wannabe good, and when big oldschool players like monkee comes back, you just leave the server, b4 getting owned.

if you really wanna learn how to proper aug, go to triad forums, register, and download ALL messiahs demos. there you will learn some fine aug gameplay.

First off, it's just the basic.

Knives. Even Big maps have buildings.

It's basic and it gives people some understanding.

Most people who aren't assholes would think its aight.

Don't be so critical.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby synthetic » Tue Jan 10, 06 12:57 pm

this shit will be of little use unless its merged into big dawgs user.ini topic or some new pinned aug guide tutorial. I am currently working on project to make dx clans aug. I start with more promising clans that may not have been around that lot but they know what fun means :D
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Dejavu » Tue Jan 10, 06 3:30 pm

hybrid, i see you dont get it. DX is a game for which you cant just say to ppl what to use and how to play. ppl have to realize that on their own, if they dont, the game is not for them, and they will never be good at it. you can only give them tips, like:

Code: Select all
Tips, rules to play augged game properly:
1. Surviving is more important than killing, especially when you have a streak of 1 or more!
2. Search for free items (bio cells, lams, medkits), not for enemies!
3. If you are not sure you can make a kill, hide or run away!
4. Do not be afraid to run away!
5. Use a trick to kill a better (streaked) player! Do not use kamikaze strategy, else you will fail almost every attempt!

copied from http://freeweb.siol.net/mskorjan/dx/
Dejavu
Regular

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Jan 10, 06 3:59 pm

Hybrids Guide didn't specifically say "If you want to be good you HAVE to do EVERYTHING that this Guide says, if you don't then you'll suck badly and lose everytime" did it?

No, I don't believe I saw anything telling anyone that they have to use it. Like ALL Guides for EVERY single game, they are not mandatory. They are just a recommendation or a suggestion. If someone uses it then would usually mean that they think the Guides helpful to them, maybe not to every reader but to that person, it is.

If a reader doesn't take the Guide and do what it says then it either means he's read a better Guide, doesn't help him at all or he just doesn't like it.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Tue Jan 10, 06 5:10 pm

DejaVu wrote:hybrid, i see you dont get it. DX is a game for which you cant just say to ppl what to use and how to play. ppl have to realize that on their own, if they dont, the game is not for them, and they will never be good at it. you can only give them tips, like:

Code: Select all
Tips, rules to play augged game properly:
1. Surviving is more important than killing, especially when you have a streak of 1 or more!
2. Search for free items (bio cells, lams, medkits), not for enemies!
3. If you are not sure you can make a kill, hide or run away!
4. Do not be afraid to run away!
5. Use a trick to kill a better (streaked) player! Do not use kamikaze strategy, else you will fail almost every attempt!

copied from http://freeweb.siol.net/mskorjan/dx/

hmmm dejavu.. something is wrong at your statement too
let's see how i always do this

1. i get killed very often
2. i'm too lazy to find them because.. see number 1
3. i'm often not sure if i can make a kill
4. well normally i'm not
5. i'm a grandious suicider :P

and how you see i'm STILL here and can STILL have fun with the game, and that already for years! :wink:
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Conceited » Tue Jan 10, 06 7:35 pm

RIFLE.

I played on 56k for long enough and its fair to say that rifling is by far the most effective style of play. Practice makes perfect..just leave the LAMS and HE where they are.
Conceited
Master

Postby Wasted » Tue Jan 10, 06 8:07 pm

Well hybrid owns augs, so listen. Trust me he learned from me, the master.
FFS
Wasted
Forum Hero

Postby Conceited » Tue Jan 10, 06 8:20 pm

Lmao, I beg your pardon?
Last edited by Conceited on Tue Jan 10, 06 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conceited
Master

Postby Wasted » Tue Jan 10, 06 8:21 pm

lol chill, I played him and he gep'd and plasma'd me to whore land. And then knifed me
FFS
Wasted
Forum Hero

Postby Conceited » Tue Jan 10, 06 8:22 pm

yeah, I just noticed you were being sarcy, my bad.
Conceited
Master

Postby Wasted » Tue Jan 10, 06 8:38 pm

Im the slow one usually, I dont usually realise that my posts are sarcy until i read them twice :)
FFS
Wasted
Forum Hero

Postby Vancha » Tue Jan 10, 06 10:55 pm

all i got to say is hybrid is cool :) giveing a helping hand to the newbiers of dx etc juss great work
[align=center] Unholy
[/align]
Vancha
Poster

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Jan 10, 06 11:35 pm

Yeah well Rifling ain't that effective on my ping. It was easier back then but now people have lifted and it's alot harder. Now that everyones got very low pings on [EL], good luck with rifling.

Yes, Wasted taught me everything I know... :roll:
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby monkee » Wed Jan 11, 06 1:03 am

Come on, where is energy shield and EMP shield? Christ, two of the most useful augs. Nobody gets a hit with a rifle in high ping? HAH!

Small spaces gives high ping? Also, if you go into a closed space with someone with skill, you can be damn sure you die 5x faster than out in the open. Ofcourse, thats not to say it aint good practise, because it IS the fastest way!

The game is all about bio/health-management, aim comes second in my opinion. Never use an aug if you dont strictly need it or feel the need for it. Once you comprehend that you've come a long way, after that, take another look Deja's post.

I'll make a demo if anyone wants to learn a little something. :P
monkee
Poster

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Wed Jan 11, 06 2:43 am

Sure, energy shield and EMP shield is damn handy. But never first priority... Energy shield stop the EMP attack, a bitch of an aug to come up against aswell...
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Next

Return to Multiplayer