The end of school, troubles with keeping contact with people

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

The end of school, troubles with keeping contact with people

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jun 12, 07 9:28 am

This week is the last week of my time at school, before i move onto other things. The thing is, i've known everyone at the school for the last 14 years of my life and now we are all going our seperate ways. I'm just depressed at the minute cos there are so many people i'm gonna miss and i know really that i'll probably never see many of them again. I spent all my time hating school for the amount of work i was pushed into doing but now that it's finally over i don't want to go.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Tue Jun 12, 07 9:36 am

I didn't miss any of my school mates, though I "see" them almost every day in the most popular Russian student social network
Last edited by Dae on Tue Jun 12, 07 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jun 12, 07 9:37 am

Well there are some i'll never want to see again. But the most of them will kill me to say goodbye

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Tue Jun 12, 07 9:38 am

I hated 90% of them when I left, I hate at least 98% of them now... I only like 4 people from my year now. I'm in contact with about 12 of them though through myspace, always ignoring them though.
I found new friends through college who are actually nice and normal rofl, my school were full of retard SHEEP.

Why don't you keep in touch and go the same colleges or higher education places?, obviously not on the same courses though.
Last edited by James on Tue Jun 12, 07 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jun 12, 07 9:42 am

I have most of their Bebo's and stuff but at the minute i only know of 2 going to the same Higher Education as me.

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby MainMan » Tue Jun 12, 07 10:14 am

I ain't goin' nowhere punk, I'm staying in my school's 6th form.

And to Danny, surely they don't live too far from you (in the same city, at least), so you can still hang out together.
Last edited by MainMan on Tue Jun 12, 07 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Allan » Tue Jun 12, 07 12:39 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:I ain't goin' nowhere punk, I'm staying in my school's 6th form.
Me too. :D

(I just hope some people who like me, besides Colin, are planning to as well...)
Allan
Alpha

Postby Chococat » Tue Jun 12, 07 3:40 pm

I hated school, and when I left 5 years ago it was ace. I've kept in touch with the people that matter, and I can count them on one hand. The girls I didn't like at school got obese, some fell pregnant, and the skanks are all still skanks in dead-end jobs.

To be honest, I found real friends at college, who I am still firmly in touch with. Sure, I only get to see them at Christmas and summer (being at uni at the other side of the country and all of them being at uni all over the place), but we're still all good mates.

You'll feel sad than an 'era' of sorts is over, but believe me, life only starts once you've left school. Now, you've got responsibility, you've got choice, and you've got options. You're (hopefully) going to mature and do something with your life, and have tons of fun along the way.

When I was at school all I did was get drunk.. and when I was at college all I did was get drunk.. and then at uni I .. erm.. hmm.. seein a pattern here..
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Mastakilla » Tue Jun 12, 07 3:46 pm

Yeah.

You ma'am, are an alcoholic.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Chococat » Tue Jun 12, 07 3:58 pm

I admit I had a bit of a problem last year, because I was getting through 5 bottles of vodka a week, and the consultant said my liver was seriously damaged from it.

This year is not so bad, only go out drinking around once or twice a week now. (Coincidentally, tonight lol)

I've been binge drinking on a weekly basis since I was 13 though. Thats nearly 9 years.
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Mastakilla » Tue Jun 12, 07 3:59 pm

Everything can be blamed on James?
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Tue Jun 12, 07 4:03 pm

HAHAHA, HAHAHA.
She would rather be the one to blame if I drink!, even if she isn't. But from now on its Emma's fault. :(
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Tue Jun 12, 07 4:39 pm

Yeah, I leave school on Thursday. I won't miss many of the people there, I only bothered to speak to half of them at the start of this year. Iv'e got a few friends I'll start in contact with, but like most people seem to be saying, I can count them on one hand.

College should be interesting; I'm going to the same one as my twin brother (Stroud College in..Stroud). But none of my friends are going there. :?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Chococat » Tue Jun 12, 07 4:42 pm

Inferno wrote:HAHAHA, HAHAHA.
She would rather be the one to blame if I drink!, even if she isn't. But from now on its Emma's fault. :(

Yeah, it was my choice to drink to the point of where I have a great chance of getting liver failure later on in life. :? Kinda regretting it now..
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby {17}agentsmith » Tue Jun 12, 07 4:45 pm

all the friends you ever need are here, on this "alternative" social networking site of DX alpha
rofl 8)

im gonna miss people from my school loads :?
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Allan » Tue Jun 12, 07 4:47 pm

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:Yeah, I leave school on Thursday. I won't miss many of the people there, I only bothered to speak to half of them at the start of this year. Iv'e got a few friends I'll start in contact with, but like most people seem to be saying, I can count them on one hand.

College should be interesting; I'm going to the same one as my twin brother (Stroud College in..Stroud). But none of my friends are going there. :?
You take History? :)
Allan
Alpha

Re: The end of school, troubles with keeping contact with pe

Postby Conceited » Tue Jun 12, 07 6:34 pm

0o7 wrote:This week is the last week of my time at school, before i move onto other things. The thing is, i've known everyone at the school for the last 14 years of my life and now we are all going our seperate ways. I'm just depressed at the minute cos there are so many people i'm gonna miss and i know really that i'll probably never see many of them again. I spent all my time hating school for the amount of work i was pushed into doing but now that it's finally over i don't want to go.

I hit uni this year, it's nice that all my friends have phones and computers and other useful technologies that I'm sure all your friends have.
Conceited
Master

Postby Zantinzuken » Tue Jun 12, 07 8:18 pm

In Ireland things are a little different, Danny wouldn't be leaving school if he was actually in the Republic as you have to stay in until you're 18 (well you don't have to, but 8/10 do).

Also, Uni is actually College in Ireland. College in England is only secondary school over here.

School was alright, but I went to an all boys shindig, a sausage fest at best. Still in contact with most of them, Eric the most probably.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby James » Tue Jun 12, 07 8:28 pm

LOL SAUSAGE. <3
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Tue Jun 12, 07 8:29 pm

I won't miss any, mainly because 98% of year 11 go onto our sixth form anyway, cause its leet :oops:. I go to an all boys grammar school, which is pretty boring so I dislike most of the people in my year, sixth form should be great though, girls come in the sixth form. Though we have to wear suits.. that will KILL in summer.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Ayleth » Wed Jun 13, 07 7:09 am

I hated school. Till grade 10 i was teh outkast. Then somehow i started making friends. Not sure how. hmm. Anyways, i gradded, and left it all behind. Went to mexico to do missions work for a bit, then came up to work and earn $$$ to go towards marriage! BTW, Choco, were the sme age ^^. What Month? I be March.
¨‘°ºMåsåmµñ£º°‘¨
˙•●●ĊђασsΪηcǻяйαѓε●●•˙
jason.unger@gmail.com
Ayleth
Regular

Postby Lazer » Wed Jun 13, 07 2:16 pm

All those leaving school, feel fucking depressed. Life gets no better after school, it gets worse. It is the end of an era. If i could rewind the clock and go back and do it all again, I would in a heartbeat.

I yearn for the days when i had no responsibilities, and only had to worry about school work. What a life! College is decent too but not as good. Then you have uni and imo its not quite as good as college but still good times. Then you leave uni and life as you know it ends and all kind of pressures sink in......
Lazer
Addict

Postby Chococat » Wed Jun 13, 07 4:18 pm

~Åÿleth~ wrote:BTW, Choco, were the sme age ^^. What Month? I be March.

I turn 21 this August.

Lazer wrote:Then you have uni and imo its not quite as good as college but still good times.

I think uni has ups and downs, my ups and downs about uni:

+ Living away from home
+ Living in a community which is filled with diverse people of a similar age group
+ Freshers week
+ Student discounts/student prices
+ Student bar crawls
+ Being immersed in a subject you are (supposed to be) interested in
+ Experimenting
+ Loadsa free time in terms of that the uni year starts at the end of Sept, and ends in May
+ Living with friends instead of parents
+ Getting a job away from home

- No money
- Essays generally start at 3000 words each
- More responsibility, its entirely your effort to get up and find the lecture rooms
- Student accommodation, unless you're willing to pay a fortune, its generally a bit shabby
- Noise, everyone is noisy all the time, theres no such thing as silence
- Missing friends and family from back home
- No pets (well, unless you keep it a secret)
- Learnin how to do things that your parents would do for you (ie watching boys iron, or even just figure out how to do laundry
- The fire extinguishers being set off, ffs

It goes on..
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Siva » Wed Jun 13, 07 4:57 pm

Uni shall be easy for me then.

My grandmother has given me her bungalow pretty close to Cambridge. If I get in.
I type at 112wpm, thats 1/2-1hr for a 5000 word essay.

The missing family part will be the worst I suppose.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Jun 13, 07 5:06 pm

XII//:Protocol wrote:Uni shall be easy for me then.

My grandmother has given me her bungalow pretty close to Cambridge. If I get in.

That's a big if. :oops:

Not to mention how fast you type has no effect on how quickly you do the essay, unless you know EXACTLY what to write.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Chococat » Wed Jun 13, 07 5:14 pm

XII//:Protocol wrote:Uni shall be easy for me then.

Thats only if you don't stop typing at all and know what you're gonna write word for word. Essays take forever, the structure, the format, the bibliography and referencing.. urghhh
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Jon » Wed Jun 13, 07 6:10 pm

XII//:Protocol wrote:I type at 112wpm, thats 1/2-1hr for a 5000 word essay.

How sad.

Loughborough ftw.
Jon
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Jun 13, 07 6:21 pm

Jon wrote:
XII//:Protocol wrote:I type at 112wpm, thats 1/2-1hr for a 5000 word essay.

How sad.

Loughborough ftw.

I'd so laugh if I ended up going there too LOL.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Jon » Wed Jun 13, 07 7:10 pm

-[A]Hitman- wrote:I'd so laugh if I ended up going there too LOL.

LOL no.
Jon
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Jun 13, 07 8:16 pm

I'd print that photo on a t-shirt and and look for you.

Hell, I'd do that anyway.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Next

Return to Rants & Debates