Autistic. - Contains Swearing etc.

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Cereal » Mon Oct 15, 07 5:36 am

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:I think there is quite a large difference between using the word gay as an insult and "IDIOT, YOU ARE AUTISTIC!" etc. As being gay is a lifestyle some people choose, autism is a disability. People joke about gay people, although I feel that is wrong as-well, I don't feel it is as serious as using a life altering disability that that the sufferer has no choice but to live with as an insult, sorry.

Have you ever met a man who could choose his skin colour? I suppose it's ok to call black people the n word, though, it's not a "life altering disability". I think people don't care about things until it hits close to home, and that's sad.
What?
Cereal
Regular

Postby Psycho » Tue Oct 16, 07 6:38 pm

{17}~Rob~ wrote:Well, at least he isnt Welsh.

what is that supposed to mean? and Quadalus I think, Is Welsh himself lol.

Look at the second last comment and I ask him if he could speak Welsh, meaning I wouldn't ask that if he was English.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3071826065
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Tue Oct 16, 07 7:28 pm

Don't worry, he got banned for that comment.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Chococat » Thu Oct 18, 07 10:22 am

Cereal wrote:
~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:I think there is quite a large difference between using the word gay as an insult and "IDIOT, YOU ARE AUTISTIC!" etc. As being gay is a lifestyle some people choose, autism is a disability. People joke about gay people, although I feel that is wrong as-well, I don't feel it is as serious as using a life altering disability that that the sufferer has no choice but to live with as an insult, sorry.

Have you ever met a man who could choose his skin colour? I suppose it's ok to call black people the n word, though, it's not a "life altering disability". I think people don't care about things until it hits close to home, and that's sad.

Does MJ count?? Lol.

Autism is a serious mental handicap, although it differs from person to person. Some people have it mildly, where no one would really know it was autism, as they only suffer in social situations, others have a bit worse where they have severe obsessions and shut themselves off from the world, some have it so badly that they can't even grasp the idea of conversation, and are very violent and don't understand any form of social etiquette or such.
I don't really get how it can be used as an insult, as autistic people are known to be incredibly bright and often genuises due to their attention to detail and extreme interest in knowledge of a certain subject.
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby ~UnwAnteD~ » Thu Oct 18, 07 10:26 am

Nick Nock Nosh wrote::lol: I love Rob

I love you too :smt060

And B2S go kill yourself.
~UnwAnteD~
Wannabe

Postby Kaiden » Thu Oct 18, 07 3:25 pm

Multi-accounting? Posting under a proxy?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Previous

Return to Rants & Debates