I'm a nerd

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Jan 15, 08 4:08 am

What a dumb fuck, I hope he keeps this up. Why? So I can laugh at him when he ends up getting his ass kicked in prison.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Allan » Tue Jan 15, 08 5:10 am

~Psychotic~ wrote:I'll probably be a hunchback soon myself, but I want a real social life anyways which means NOT being on the computer for 12-20 hours for me (yes, I sometimes only sleep 4 hours and then go straight back on my laptop).

I'm actually underweight for my height. I am 16 years old, am about 5" 4' tall and weigh NEARLY 50kg. It's kinda pathetic. I used to be fit, but no longer am, I'm healthy to an extent (I eat like 2/3 meals a day and they're generally healthy) but I do consume ALOT of sugar.

I don't get saw wrists as much, I did but not so much when using my laptop (mainly just desktops for some reason). I also get a bit of eyestrain but I wear glasses, so my eyes are already fucked as it is.

For me, it's 6"1', about 65kg at last check, and it's always being filled with junk, junk, junk, and just for the hell of it - More junk! :D

Since being given the boot from college for lack of attendance, i've been parked on my ass all day, and i'm not mentally stable enough to get a job, so I'm screwed for about 80% of my free time.

So my day revolves around:

- Wake up at rand(24):rand(60) hours.
- Have a walk round the street, just to get -some- exercise.
- Park myself in front of the TV, or play GH/GT4 if my parents are hogging the TV.
- Use the laptop, in hope that I don't get electrocuted by the charger.
- Do similar loops for hours on end.
- Get cranky after being up for hours.
- Try and get at least somewhat leathered, so as I can get some sleep.
- Sleep.
- Back to start again. :P

On every school Wednesday, provided I can drag myself out of bed/the sofa, I go to school to do Contemporary music, which is OK, but otherwise I normally don't get out.
Last edited by Allan on Tue Jan 15, 08 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allan
Alpha

Postby Jon » Tue Jan 15, 08 10:38 am

cataclyzm wrote:I balance the computer, Xbox 360 and social life.

gg. Hard for me to be much of a nerd with college weighing down on my shoulders, and anyone in my immediate social circle are either ex girlfriends, or two faced - Neither make great friends. I prefer to keep my most trusted friends close, and anyone else doesn't matter, because I'm out all the time with them anyway and I don't need anyone else.
Last edited by Jon on Tue Jan 15, 08 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon
Alpha

Re: I'm a nerd

Postby NightRaver » Tue Jan 15, 08 1:36 pm

Dae[A] wrote:
Sike wrote:Spending all your time @ computer trying to code more and more lamer shit. Rather than going out and getting laid, smoking weed, having fun etc.

Funny to hear this from a 14 year old Finnish boy who thinks that he's "street smart" after meeting older American friends by (!) the internet in the game.

But aside from that. It's not a secret I spend most of my free time at the computer and in the internet, even in university I can be online from my handheld PC or a smartphone. When I do my homework, I do it in Excel and I prepare to exams at the computer as well. I'm admin on two forums, I own 2 game servers and I've been keeping a personal blog for 3 years now.

I'm more interested in internet startups than driving a car, and I never go out other than to the university. I live with parents, I don't have real life friends (only some random acquaintances from the university). All my best friends are from the internet.

I drink alcohol only on holidays (only wine), I don't smoke, let alone weed and other similar shit.

Besides computer stuff, I'm interested in politics and sociology. I read a financial newspaper and every day I visit news sites to know whats happening in the world.

What I tend to say... I am happy. I'm very happy about my life. It allows me to develop in the way I want. It allows me to see my potential and multiply it.

And I'm fine that by someone's opinion I'm a nerd. But I'm not some chav whose notion of life consists in a few things such as smoking weed, getting laid and hanging out. And unlike you, the likes of you, I wouldn't impose anyone my way of life. But I'm sure I'm right and I'm sure I will climb up the ladder by upholding my views and the ways, unlike you.

Prove me wrong 8)

I agree to, same here, im every day at the computer, cause i cant live without it. My dad hates it when i always sit at front of the computer but he also noticed i am really bored when the comp is broken or someting...
all ppl saying about omg get a life go out get laid, 'sike' 9/10 lies, and either dreams about getting laid or search for ugly girls on the net to get cyber 'laid' ? so yeye fu net rules.
Raving through life!
NightRaver
Regular

Postby ~UnwAnteD~ » Tue Jan 15, 08 2:33 pm

Each to their own!

I spend alot of time on the PC especially in the evenings. However, Im a very social person and would find it hard to live on it. Im not sure if my friends who I see, play football with, drink at weekends, even know I play on this game, lol. Its like a second life.

Also, the girlfriend hates me on this game because there are days, especially sundays, when im hungover and would much sooner play dx than see her :) lol.

So yeah, who cares ?
~UnwAnteD~
Wannabe

Postby Alex » Tue Jan 15, 08 2:51 pm

Friends of mine do know I play this game, I even met one of my classmates by accident in a server once. Twas quite funny.

For the rest, I spent quite some time with friends on school, it's more having fun with friends than school, as we don't really do a lot in the lessons.

For the rest I sometimes go drink with my friends, nothing special.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Tue Jan 15, 08 3:41 pm

My lecturer was very impressed by all my KB guides hehe, as we have to write things like User guides to flashing BIOS etc, writing the KB guides gave me lots of practice - He liked the site too :D. If I'm on the forums at college most people recognize the game, but haven't played it/played SP in the past, most play CS.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Siva » Tue Jan 15, 08 4:18 pm

~Psychotic~ wrote:At least we, the "nerds" can end up doing some constructive with out lives. Instead of becoming fucking sex addicts and pot users.

Minority etc
Last edited by Siva on Tue Jan 15, 08 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Jan 15, 08 4:28 pm

My dad used to hate me going on my laptop all the time. But he's learnt to accept it, I like what I do, I ain't going to change.

That, and he got fucked off at one stage and tried unplugging my laptop from the wall (he's no good with computers, btw lol) and he was so like WHAT THE FUCK?! when it kept working.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Cozmo » Tue Jan 15, 08 9:50 pm

I never really understood why people have to smoke weed or shit like that when going out. It's not smart, seriously, it's fucking dumb. Because my area hasn't got much to do, most kids are chavs. There's a gang of about 30 - 40 of them that hang around each night at the park, drinking, smoking, starting fires, fights etc. Serious wasters...

I spend a lot of time on computers, but I actually get sick of them sometimes and have to go out, play football of something. Nothing stupid though.
Last edited by Cozmo on Tue Jan 15, 08 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cozmo
Master

Postby clyzm » Wed Jan 16, 08 3:43 am

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:My lecturer was very impressed by all my KB guides hehe, as we have to write things like User guides to flashing BIOS etc, writing the KB guides gave me lots of practice - He liked the site too :D. If I'm on the forums at college most people recognize the game, but haven't played it/played SP in the past, most play CS.

Hehe, my professor was impressed when I showed him the weapons I've imported into the game as well.

He too looked at the site and said it sounded like a great group, course he had no idea it was a "clan." :P
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Jan 16, 08 4:21 am

cataclyzm wrote:
~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:My lecturer was very impressed by all my KB guides hehe, as we have to write things like User guides to flashing BIOS etc, writing the KB guides gave me lots of practice - He liked the site too :D. If I'm on the forums at college most people recognize the game, but haven't played it/played SP in the past, most play CS.

Hehe, my professor was impressed when I showed him the weapons I've imported into the game as well.

He too looked at the site and said it sounded like a great group, course he had no idea it was a "clan." :P

Course not, most people (even gamers) will ask you what the fuck a clan is lol. I never heard of clans (and things like ping) until that fateful day I met Hybrid in his server in good ol' October, 2005 lol.

Good times, gooooood times lol.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby NightRaver » Wed Jan 16, 08 9:28 am

Alex wrote:Friends of mine do know I play this game, I even met one of my classmates by accident in a server once. Twas quite funny.

Lol, i met Snake when i joined DXC back a year ago, i didnt knew Snake was in DXC and he was in my school o_O lol
Raving through life!
NightRaver
Regular

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Jan 16, 08 9:32 am

No one in my old school plays DX lol... Closest person to have played Deus Ex (that I know of) in the same country (not city) is Hybrid lol. So eh...
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Wed Jan 16, 08 5:41 pm

~Psychotic~ wrote:What a dumb fuck, I hope he keeps this up. Why? So I can laugh at him when he ends up getting his ass kicked in prison.

I second that.

Rodewijk wrote:Do we even care. Even if u are whats the problem.

Those who care, post. Those who dont, wont post. You dont care and yet you posted. I would say your post is spam, but I actually know that you see quite a few things in common in your routine and that of dae's.
Also, follow VodunLoas' suggestion you wowzer.

Dae[A] wrote:Prove me wrong 8)

I think you are too handsome to be a nerd.

Dont feel bad about comments like Sike's. He did not even say anything that bad, besides generally insulting your work, but you felt the need to make a thread. People usually need bit more personal information to hurt somebody. And you just posted your routine.

Was a good reading though =)
Live your life the way you want to, as long as you have goals and you work out some.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Siva » Wed Jan 16, 08 6:12 pm

cataclyzm wrote:"clan."

When I first told my mother that I was in one, before I dragged her kicking and screaming into new age vidya, she shat quite a few bricks I must say.
//..
Siva

Postby Alex » Wed Jan 16, 08 6:59 pm

Batchy wrote:Apparently ~[ß]Síke~ likes to do more then that.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3346/owned1yv5.jpg

:lol: I wouldn't mind 200 bucks

I just mailed Sike's city (Ouka) about this matter. We will see if he lied or not. If he lied, he is definitely not a "Street Smart", if he didn't lie, he will lose 2000 euro's, I guess :)
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Wed Jan 16, 08 10:06 pm

Alex wrote:
Batchy wrote:Apparently ~[ß]Síke~ likes to do more then that.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3346/owned1yv5.jpg

:lol: I wouldn't mind 200 bucks

I just mailed Sike's city (Ouka) about this matter. We will see if he lied or not. If he lied, he is definitely not a "Street Smart", if he didn't lie, he will lose 2000 euro's, I guess :)

Even I am not so mean, given the circumstances, but, kid had to learn his lesson, and when you confess a crime you better watch where you do it at. His own fault. Dont forget to cash the 200 eur, if he wasnt lying.
Last edited by synthetic on Wed Jan 16, 08 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [FTF]Freedom » Wed Jan 16, 08 10:56 pm

Ha - sweet, sweet success!

I know have a numb right leg/foot. Doctor says it's caused by nerve damage in my back, caused by slouching for too long =(

I'm also underweight, on the topic of health issues.

Just one thing - how would one possibly defend themselves in this situation:

A certain hypothetical girlfriend of a hypothetical FTF co-leader called him a geek for playing PC games regularly. The totally-honestly-hypothetical person tends to get a little conscious about what others think of him, and wants a decent argument for not being a "geek".

(apparently a geek is a non-intelligent, non-boffin version of a nerd)

So how would he (yeah ok... I) persuade his girlfriend that he is not a geek??
~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:Ppl play DX to kill stuff
[FTF]Freedom
Regular

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Jan 16, 08 11:33 pm

We are all geeks.

Well Im relatively intelligent. But yeah, we're all geeks here.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Thu Jan 17, 08 12:24 am

[FTF]Freedom wrote:So how would he (yeah ok... I) persuade his girlfriend that he is not a geek??

But... you are, surely?
Baleout
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Jan 17, 08 3:15 am

[FTF]Freedom wrote:Ha - sweet, sweet success!

I know have a numb right leg/foot. Doctor says it's caused by nerve damage in my back, caused by slouching for too long =(

I'm also underweight, on the topic of health issues.

Just one thing - how would one possibly defend themselves in this situation:

A certain hypothetical girlfriend of a hypothetical FTF co-leader called him a geek for playing PC games regularly. The totally-honestly-hypothetical person tends to get a little conscious about what others think of him, and wants a decent argument for not being a "geek".

(apparently a geek is a non-intelligent, non-boffin version of a nerd)

So how would he (yeah ok... I) persuade his girlfriend that he is not a geek??

You don't, simple. If they can't accept you for who you are, then it's not worth the trouble.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Thu Jan 17, 08 7:52 pm

[FTF]Freedom wrote:So how would he (yeah ok... I) persuade his girlfriend that he is not a geek??

Dont talk about computers all the time, or what you do at computer.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Siva » Thu Jan 17, 08 9:41 pm

Whispering C++ into a womans ear will cause instant orgasms. Fact.
//..
Siva

Postby Allan » Thu Jan 17, 08 10:57 pm

XII//:Protocol wrote:Whispering C++ into a womans ear will cause instant orgasms. Fact.
Any particular procedural calls/code blocks?
Allan
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Thu Jan 17, 08 11:02 pm

It took me long to read all the posts in this topic, interesting topic.
I sit at PC a lot too, but i go out with my dudes at 90% of saturdays. I can say that I've got a lot of friends and that parties are not only fun but useful things. Useful because you get a lot of friends there (if youre not a boring one lol) . I enjoy my life.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby NightRaver » Fri Jan 18, 08 9:52 am

DeathMaster wrote:It took me long to read all the posts in this topic, interesting topic.
I sit at PC a lot too, but i go out with my dudes at 90% of saturdays. I can say that I've got a lot of friends and that parties are not only fun but useful things. Useful because you get a lot of friends there (if youre not a boring one lol) . I enjoy my life.

i do the same, but when i cba i sit at front of the pc, i can always do SOMETHING at it.. but i dont feel like going out every saturday 'lets go to the movie' ye maybe sometime a good movie comes out, im more of a party man when there are actually PARTY'S so ye

win.
Raving through life!
NightRaver
Regular

Postby Cyrus » Fri Jan 18, 08 10:54 pm

I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed.

THANKS KEITH
Cyrus
Commander of IRELAND

Postby ynnaD » Fri Jan 18, 08 10:58 pm

The force is strong with this one.

Seriously though, most of my class mates are nerds, and we still go out most Saturdays, we don't let it get to us, don't bother me, i know im a nerd
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Spiderbot01 » Fri Jan 18, 08 11:36 pm

Irish wrote:I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed.

Youre not fucking SPARTAN.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Debates