5 things that really get under my skin...

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

5 things that really get under my skin...

Postby Tantalus » Thu Apr 24, 08 10:10 pm

1. Plc's and Ltd's alike with a slogan that is a rhetorical question. The absolute epitome is "Why pay more?". How many advertisements have you seen with that generic uninspired drivel plastered onto almost every mode of transportation. I'll tell why I would pay more Asda/Tesco Fuel/Injury Lawyers 4 U because surprisingly I may receive "more bang for my buck" if I bought the latter option; I don't want to ponder over the amount I would save going to Asda rather than Tesco because the amount spent accumulates in Clubcard points and Wal Mart know they can't step to that.

2. "Wow, that was random". It makes my skin crawl when some dumb ignorant socialite at school thinks something is random when it is completely relevant to the subject at hand. Do you understand the term? Or are you using it to receive the last word? Pick up a dictionary. Watch Tim and Eric for basic examples and keep your gaping crevace sealed.

3. "But black people can say it". A fascination with the N Word and why others can't say it. If they want to call themselves by a derogative term then by God they're going to call themselves by a derogative term! Yes, hypocrisy plays a part in the argument but my counter would be: what is your fascination with that word? Does it make any difference? What is wrong with saying "greetings"? Be a damn cleaner bot!

4. Graham Norton appearing in every low budget competition hosted by the BBC One to pry ratings away from digital channels (or channel 4). Any show which is worth its own capital doesn't have Graham Norton within a ten mile radii of the studio.

5. Dance Anthem albums. Don't flame me. IMHO every dance anthem album has the same songs in it but "mixed" by a different....individual. I'm referring to stuff like Daft Punk or Groove Armada. Let me be perfectly clear: I'm not saying dance music is crap (not a fan) but perhaps if the "mixers" could find some original tracks instead of regurgitating annual albums.

[/rant]

Questions? Flames? Controversies?
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Apr 24, 08 10:25 pm

Graham Norton is awesome.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Re: 5 things that really get under my skin...

Postby Mastakilla » Fri Apr 25, 08 12:04 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:3. "But black people can say it". A fascination with the N Word and why others can't say it. If they want to call themselves by a derogative term then by God they're going to call themselves by a derogative term! Yes, hypocrisy plays a part in the argument but my counter would be: what is your fascination with that word? Does it make any difference? What is wrong with saying "greetings"? Be a damn cleaner bot!

[/rant]

Questions? Flames? Controversies?

Thing about it is they find the word offending but they call eachother that, so why can't we? It's a very lame argument indeed but I don't back down from saying the N word, my fascination with it? I don't know I find it an amusing word/curse...

I total agree on number 2 though, hate that :lol:
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Survive. » Fri Apr 25, 08 8:29 am

[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:Graham Norton is awesome.

I second this.
Survive.
Master

Postby Tantalus » Sat Apr 26, 08 7:36 pm

Well if you love him so much make a shrine dedicated to him!
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Survive. » Sat Apr 26, 08 11:50 pm

Ok, where did you hear this? Have you been speaking to me brother? :o
Survive.
Master

Postby Siva » Sun Apr 27, 08 8:33 am

I agree with Number 3.

But the thing is, you can never understand why you can't say it to any black person, because you're not the black person. The way it feels when someone calls you that is.. unquantifiable.. it's.. I don't know.. just very, very, rage inducing.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Apr 27, 08 10:05 am

Protocol wrote:I agree with Number 3.

But the thing is, you can never understand why you can't say it to any black person, because you're not the black person. The way it feels when someone calls you that is.. unquantifiable.. it's.. I don't know.. just very, very, rage inducing.

I don't like it when they call me white trash either :roll: Boohoo. They call eachother that, I'll always call them that. Even when they stop saying it to eachother tbh.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Siva » Sun Apr 27, 08 11:27 am

MastaKilla wrote:

I don't like it when they call me white trash either :roll: Boohoo. They call eachother that, I'll always call them that. Even when they stop saying it to eachother tbh.

Way to miss the point.
//..
Siva

Postby Survive. » Sun Apr 27, 08 11:50 am

1. Plc's and Ltd's alike with a slogan that is a rhetorical question. The absolute epitome is "Why pay more?". How many advertisements have you seen with that generic uninspired drivel plastered onto almost every mode of transportation. I'll tell why I would pay more Asda/Tesco Fuel/Injury Lawyers 4 U because surprisingly I may receive "more bang for my buck" if I bought the latter option; I don't want to ponder over the amount I would save going to Asda rather than Tesco because the amount spent accumulates in Clubcard points and Wal Mart know they can't step to that.

TESCO WINS!

5. Dance Anthem albums. Don't flame me. IMHO every dance anthem album has the same songs in it but "mixed" by a different....individual. I'm referring to stuff like Daft Punk or Groove Armada. Let me be perfectly clear: I'm not saying dance music is crap (not a fan) but perhaps if the "mixers" could find some original tracks instead of regurgitating annual albums.

But some are better than others, which means, one makes more money than the other. Some just go beyond listening to, e.g Dj Boonie... Man.

But others, you have to love them. I love all sorts of music, and doesn't really bother me what other people listen to, I range from Marilyn Manson, Slipknot to MeatLoaf to Bonkers 17 and Clubland music...
Survive.
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Apr 27, 08 1:45 pm

Protocol wrote:
MastaKilla wrote:

Way to miss the point.

Sex later
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Tantalus » Sun Apr 27, 08 4:49 pm

MastaKilla wrote:

Calm down my honkey brethren.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~M3GG4~ » Mon Apr 28, 08 8:16 am

I have a few friends from brooklyn, two of em being very close friends with each other. One is White, One is Black. White guy calls over Black guy " Yo Nig**, over here" Black guy is comfortable with it.
So I think you have to know the person well enough. It's like this: Black people call each other Nig**** as a sign of brotherhood and respect. And if you're white, you have to be seen differently in the black persons eyes, has to be seen like a brother. Thats what I've noticed anyway.
<center> Image </center>
<center>Thanks to Zantinzuken for the sig</center>
<center>Deus Ex Soldiers
http://www.dxsoldiers.com | dxdestroyer11@hotmail.com | Image </center>
~c[A]t~ wrote:how do i spam forum ¯(º_o)/¯
~M3GG4~
Elite

Postby Tantalus » Mon Apr 28, 08 5:18 pm

I suppose it's context sensitive.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psycho » Mon Apr 28, 08 7:50 pm

Well, when Joe Calzaghe was vs Bernad Hopkins, Bernad said he would never loose to a white boy, but if Joe would say "I aint gunna loose to a black boy!" the media, promoters,officals etc would punish him etc, take to court for racial comments and goes on.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Mon Apr 28, 08 7:53 pm

It's because black people are superior.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Mon Apr 28, 08 7:56 pm

[A]ENKIDUDU wrote:It's because black people are superior.

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Siva » Mon Apr 28, 08 7:59 pm

Very context sensitive.

[/quote]
//..
Siva

Postby Psycho » Mon Apr 28, 08 8:01 pm

It's true though aint it?
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Apr 28, 08 8:03 pm

Enjoy your no games.

I WENT THERE
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Mon Apr 28, 08 8:55 pm

Yeah but that's sensitivity of the media. That's a whole other story; that's linked hands with the topic.

I agree that white folk are forcedto wear a huge sign across they're neck with "Sorry" written on it but I'm referring to when white people call black people the n word just out of curiosity or in attempts to say "Who's bad?". Remember that most black citizens are contributors to society and therefore shouldn't be confronted with said derogative terms.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Tue Apr 29, 08 12:12 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:Remember that most black citizens are contributors to society and therefore shouldn't be confronted with said derogative terms.

I suppose. But people should stop making a big deal out of it...
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Return to Rants & Debates