Hewlett-Packard, can I smash my laptop on your FACE?!

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Hewlett-Packard, can I smash my laptop on your FACE?!

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Apr 30, 08 4:02 pm

Eh. I officially now hate two computer manufacturers.

Dell. Anyone who likes them shall burn. And burn hard. Dell gave me and my best friend trouble for 3 goddamn years. My friend has had to ring them so many goddamn times he can do their job better than they can now (he had so much problems with his old Dell PC before upgrading, had to get a replacement for it three times).

Now I hate Hewlett-Packard because their technical support, like Dell's, sucks major balls. Is it me or is every damn tech support situated in Malaysia or some part of India?! SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE HELL.

I have only one problem with Indians. ONE. What's the problem? I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A FUCKING WORK THEY SAY. That's not their fault but you'd think companies like HP could at least afford English ACCENT supporters. Not only can't I understand them but sometimes their English makes no sence to me.

This happens all the goddamn time. Whether it be with computer manufacturers or internet service providers, it's usually with something to do with a computer. Anyways, apart from them not understanding me and vice versa, they also like to give me shit information.

My keyboard for my laptop is a real bitch. Seriously. About once a month the keys fuck up and certain letters don't display what they should. For example, if I were to type "hello" it usually comes up as "he660" when my computer is being a pain in the ass. And other keys do the same thing, around 3 hours ago I had to do a system restore because "lol" became "363."

System restore is the only known fix. I spoke to HP's online tech support about it and they told me to uninstall my keyboards driver and reboot and my OS would reinstall my keyboard drivers automatically and the problem would be fixed. THEY ASSURED ME IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. Well guess what HP, if happened, twice since then. One time two days ago and one time three hours ago. It's done it MORE since I did the drivers reinstallation.

So I called them yesterday about the problem (going to ring back again tomorrow because it happened again) and they must think I'm lying or something. Every time I ring they ask me to try my keyboard in SAFE MODE. Well of course it works you stupid morons, I did a temporary fix to make it work while I work, so you asking me to type shit isn't going to get a bad input!!!

I'd have to ring them whilst the problem occurs and naturally, I can't, not at 12 in the goddamn morning. The worst part is that it ALWAYS happens when I'm in the middle of work and it ALWAYS happens late at night. Reformatting doesn't work because well I don't know, it just doesn't work.

I'm getting really pissed off by being fucked around with. Sure, that happens in life, but the least they could do is give us tech support that helps and that we can understand. Because HP's tech support can't help shit and I can't understand half of what they fucking say. It took me 10 fucking minutes to figure out the lady on the phone was saying "F8" and then another 5 for me to tell her that F8 wasn't a bloody boot option...
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Kaiden » Wed Apr 30, 08 4:20 pm

My keyboard for my laptop is a real bitch. Seriously. About once a month the keys fuck up and certain letters don't display what they should. For example, if I were to type "hello" it usually comes up as "he660" when my computer is being a pain in the ass. And other keys do the same thing, around 3 hours ago I had to do a system restore because "lol" became "363."

That's numberlock.. My laptop also randomly does it, then I just press NumLock again?

Also I generally just email tech support lol.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Apr 30, 08 4:37 pm

I e-mailed and they said about Num Lock too. As well as on the phone, and my mate told me but I don't use Num Lock. It's never on.

And regardless, if it was on the letter "l" in "hello" wouldn't come up as 6 but it would come up as 3. I have to push the Fn+Scroll Lock key to put Num Lock on. And I don't use that button. I never have it on, trust me.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Psycho » Wed Apr 30, 08 4:59 pm

It's cheaper for them to get Asians on the phone services for the major companies, but surely they have enough money to get English accent people on the phone.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Baleout » Wed Apr 30, 08 5:09 pm

The companies don't care, they just want it for as little as possible.
Baleout
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Apr 30, 08 5:13 pm

Yeah, exactly. Pain in the ass too. They want the money they get from customers yet they don't care if they lose loads of customers from bad support? How fucking stupid is that?
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Apr 30, 08 5:35 pm

HP has some kind of weird thing against changing motherboards, gives you a "code purple" error and they force you to re-tattoo it or something :S But you can get around it by deleting some file using a windows XP cd boot... Still strange

So yeah HP sucks just for that, lol. Don't know about Dell
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Apr 30, 08 5:43 pm

Code Purple? WTF? Fucking weird lol.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Apr 30, 08 7:12 pm

Yeah http://www.billoblog.com/?p=152 interesting stuff, I had that bullshit :(
Last edited by Mastakilla on Wed Apr 30, 08 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu May 01, 08 5:10 am

Error Code Purple? What the fuck is this shit? PURPLE?! I'm used to numbers people but PURPLE?! And I thought random list of numbers was hard to understand!

This is so bull, so does this happen with all their computers or just these ones running XP as I wanted to give my laptop a memory upgrade and give it 2gb of RAM (I got 1gb atm lol). How the hell do I fix it anyway, I don't think that file is on my laptop lol.

This is so fucked up. How the fuck can HP justify this? I actually had to ring HP again today as my keyboard fucked up last night AGAIN. And they keep telling me nothing is wrong. NOTHING HAPPENS BECAUSE I DO A SYSTEM RESTORE YOU COCK MUNCHERS.

Next time it happens I'll just leave my system, I even asked to be transferred to their supervisor and the prick totally ignored me all the times I asked. HOW'S THAT FOR CONSUMER SUPPORT?!
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Kaiden » Thu May 01, 08 10:04 am

For every customer they loose for support problems I bet they get 5 new ones.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu May 01, 08 10:34 am

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:For every customer they loose for support problems I bet they get 5 new ones.

You're not wrong there, but it stills annoys the fuck outta me. They'll never change though, so long as the companies can pay for cheap support.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Thu May 01, 08 11:12 am

too long; didn't read build your own shit man
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Kaiden » Thu May 01, 08 11:43 am

"Too long didn't read"!? Lazy!

Even if you built your own stuff you'd still buy a i.e. monitor, which could be Dell, unless you can make that as well xD.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Dae » Thu May 01, 08 11:51 am

a self-made laptop sounds like a challenge
Dae
Alpha

Postby Siva » Thu May 01, 08 12:00 pm

Dae[A] wrote:a self-made laptop sounds like a challenge

I helped my uncle with one, so it's not ridiculously difficult, just fiddly.

Start with a barebones, Case (Obviously), Mobo&CPU and start from there.
I hear Sager is/are good.
//..
Siva

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu May 01, 08 12:20 pm

I'd prefer to buy a desktop myself. I only use this laptop because originally, I had a shitty Dell Inspiron 2200 that my parents bought when they moved. However, I moved back down and boarded with my mate so my folks let me keep the laptop.

Then I spilt half a can of coke on it (and yes, it was an accident lol) and my parents insurance covered it which got me a new Compaq Presario C719TU Notebook lol. The only problem with it is that it's Windows Vista, and I hate Vista. The upside is that it fucking owns my old one lol.

I'd much rather have a desktop, and if I can get the prices for the parts I'd probably save up to build my own. Building your own computer ends up being much cheaper, especially as I'd probably buy the parts from the US and get 'em shipped to New Zealand (trust me, paying for stuff via USD is so much cheaper then buying locally).
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Kaiden » Thu May 01, 08 1:17 pm

Vista + Laptop = Bad in general, it's not really designed for laptops.. They need a Vista Lite or something.

Making your own computer/laptop obviously has it's advantage. Apart from gaining more training/knowledge of hardware, my computer would be £1,000+ on say PCWorld, cost me about £550 to get it in parts.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu May 01, 08 1:51 pm

What's your computers specs? £550 is like $1,402.11 NZD lol. But like I said, I'd buy the parts off a US website as it ends up being so much damn cheaper.

How hard is it to build your own computer, anyway? I know a bit about it but not everything.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Thu May 01, 08 1:57 pm

Fucking childs play

Ground yourself, look at a guide on the internet if need be, and have at it.

If you're worrysome of the parts, do a cardboard test (Motherboard, power supply, short the pwr btn led-like things and it should burst into action. ON A CARDBOARD SURFACE) to make sure the mobo is not at fault.

If you can, get a mobo with a POST reading on it.
//..
Siva

Postby Kaiden » Thu May 01, 08 4:22 pm

------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Thu May 01, 08 7:26 pm

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:www.ebuyer.com

That's the only website I would buy electronics from :D
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Thu May 01, 08 9:13 pm

It's the only website you need to buy electronics from, maybe play.com too.

What's your computers specs?

Roughly;

Quad core 2.4

GT8600

4GB Ram

8MB cache

700w power supply

Etc.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Thu May 01, 08 9:34 pm

Well for Christmas I got a £150 digital camera and the next day I saw save £50 on E-Buyer :D
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu May 01, 08 11:54 pm

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:It's the only website you need to buy electronics from, maybe play.com too.

What's your computers specs?

Roughly;

Quad core 2.4

GT8600

4GB Ram

8MB cache

700w power supply

Etc.

Goddamn. For 1400 fucking NZD? Fucken hell. I now envy you. xD
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Survive. » Fri May 02, 08 4:26 pm

Haha, look at all your specs and look at mine :o

Intel Pentium 4

nVidia gForce 2

256.00 MB RAM

230w Power Supply

:p
Survive.
Master

Postby Siva » Fri May 02, 08 4:42 pm

Put pedobear away, it's not funny.
//..
Siva

Postby Mr. Tastix » Fri May 02, 08 5:02 pm

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? ROFL. Not funny my ass, is to me.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Psycho » Fri May 02, 08 5:07 pm

It owns though :D[[/b]
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby James » Fri May 02, 08 5:15 pm

Hiding bear likes to hide.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Next