Cash money, and how I plan to make some.

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Cash money, and how I plan to make some.

Postby Siva » Fri May 16, 08 6:29 pm

It hit me after I was cruising eBay for a broken 360 to give to my cousin (he fixes them, RROD or DVD etc and sells it on), why do people pay such ridiculous prices to people like TheTechGuys at PC World, to do such ridiculously easy tasks.

It reminds me of when I was about 10, and I got a Packard Bell for my birthday. I was really amused. But one day, the onboard graphics adapter fucked itself, and so my mum took it to PC World.

They said it would cost £100 for the new graphics card, and another £60 to fit it.

My mum cruised around and found the same graphics card for 2/3rds the price, bought it, and brought it all home.

Since it was late, and she had a headache, she went to nap.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I scrambled over to the boxes and had a look at the graphics card.

I distinctly remember yahoo searching how to fit a graphics card, and not 15 minutes later, I had it fitted, and installed the drivers from the CD.

Since then I've built quite a few PC's and troubleshooted about 14 of my friends others.

If I could do this shit, and you could too, at the age of 10, where do PC world get off charging £60-- probably more now, to do the same thing?

So, here's what I plan to do.

I'll list my services on eBay, once a week, starting at £5. To build a PC from scratch, if you provide the parts, or I'll fit other pieces of hardware in for you. As long as you cover the cost of return delivery.

Potential y/n?
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Tonnochi » Fri May 16, 08 6:44 pm

I'd say y.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby ynnaD » Fri May 16, 08 8:12 pm

I used to work in a computer shop, a customer came in one day with two keys removed from her laptop keyboard, the z and s , she was told it wud cost her £5 to fix, minute she left, they took the laptop keys, pressed them back into place hard, and viola the keys were fixed.

Point of the story is that its just that easy to get ripped off or fooled into believe there is something more seriously wrong with your computer than it actually is
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Return to Rants & Debates