Communism crimes, holocaust, zuroff

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Communism crimes, holocaust, zuroff

Postby synthetic » Mon Jul 13, 09 7:30 pm

Today there was a news in papers citing Zuroff in an interview given to Jerusalem Post.

In a nutshell he pretty straightforwardly said that the efforts of the Baltic States to equalize the crimes of the nazis with those of communist regime are mere efforts to mask the uniqueness of the holocaust and the very crimes against jews in these countries.

The article contained more than that, but for some odd reason it really matched the statements of Kreml, who is also not very interested in having people snoop around in its red past while they could be united in hatred towards the nazi scum.

Wester countries are very cautious about dealing with this subject as well. Our politicians in Euro Parlament have been trying to get the red matter through, with some success as of late. Zjuganov of the communist party of russian federation of course had something to say on the matter, but as far as that loony goes, hes like a mascot to the state, I suppose. One that nobody really takes seriously, at that.

Its all about politics and private interest, and lack of knowledge also plays a role here. To many it may come as a surprise that more people suffered through the Red Terror that was aimed at everybody depending on the direction of the wind, than there are victims of the Holocaust.
Its cool to be a jew, but its uncool for someone to steal the spotlight.

Is this going to improve their reputation? Frankly I dont think so.

Last edited by synthetic on Mon Jul 13, 09 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Mon Jul 13, 09 9:04 pm

Despite having been observing most more or less significant political news during past three years, I don't recollect the name of this guy. Who is he and what is he known for?
Dae
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Mon Jul 13, 09 9:46 pm

Dae wrote:Despite having been observing most more or less significant political news during past three years, I don't recollect the name of this guy. Who is he and what is he known for?

Israeli "nazi hunter"

It comes as no surprise to me that Nazis weren't the only ones who hated the Jews. Whenever I hear someone bashing Jewish faith, another person will most likely call them a Nazi.

The truth is, Judaism and Jews in general have been persecuted and hated by more than a number of groups, Communists being one of them. After the Soviets liberated Auschwitz they didn't exactly open their arms and tell the Jews they were their friends. If you can imagine Communists and Jews as two dogs, one would be oppressed and the other would be harassed, and neither one would like each other.

Although only one of them is the most popular and recognized.
Last edited by clyzm on Mon Jul 13, 09 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby synthetic » Mon Jul 13, 09 10:49 pm

One can admire Zuroff's persistence and the way his team will find 80+ years old men even from their graves in attempt to bring them to justice. Dont get me wrong, Im not really against this practice. It is just too friggin bad that a man such as him also happens to be an outstanding idiot. I believe some circles even refer to him as the nazi jew.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Jul 13, 09 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby clyzm » Mon Jul 13, 09 10:52 pm

Ken wrote:One can admire Zuroff's persistence and the way his team will find 80+ years old men even from their graves in attempt to bring them to justice. Dont get me wrong, Im not really against this practice. It is just too friggin bad that a man such as him also happens to be an outstanding idiot. I believe some circles even refer to him as the nazi jew.

The word "redemption" is very flexible, almost as much as "justice."
clyzm
Forum Master God

Return to Rants & Debates