Insurance Companies

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Insurance Companies

Postby Bob » Mon Jul 20, 09 12:48 pm

So I recently got a new phone which was super awesome and could do everything apart from provide me with warmth in the cold Scottish winter and was promptly hooked up with insurance for my super snazzy mobile whilst still in the shop.

So one eventful night whilst camping in the highlands with some friends I loose said phone and freak out (strong alcohol involved) but am soon calmed down with the rememberance that I have adequete insurance for instances like this.

I return home, not the following day but the day after and immeadialty contact my network provider who are brilliant and have no qualms about my story or about blocking my phone and sending me a new sim card (for a small nominal fee.) The company then ask if I've contacted the insurance company which I respond, "No, but I was going to phone them straight after this."

So the phone company put me through to FoneSafe, my insurance company for said item, who take down all my details and the epic tale of how I lost my phone is recounted. After maybe 30 minutes on the phone with this stuck up bitch (who made me feel like a criminal btw) I was informed that the insurers would be doing nothing about my claim as it was not reported within 24 hours of loosing the handset. That was really fucking annoying, but could they have not told me this before I had to talk to this anti-christ for another 20 minutes of sheer misery and despair.

I reiterate to the heartless gremlin on the other side that I was camping in the north of Scotland where it was impossible to get a signal with any network, and that all my insurance details such as phone numbers and my policy numbers were over 200 miles away at the time and I had contacted them at the first available opportunity.

Bastards? Aye!

Anyway I'm looking for advice and commiseration at the moment.
Bob
Forum God

Return to Rants & Debates