How often do you drink alcohol?

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

3+ days a week
16%
2 days a week
13%
1 day a week
18%
At least once or twice a month
16%
I don't drink often but occasionally I do
11%
I used to, but I don't drink alcohol
No votes
I've never tried
5%
I've tried, but I don't drink alcohol
21%

Total votes : 38

Postby James » Sat Oct 17, 09 8:11 am

How often do you drink alcohol?, I've put this in rant because I expect people to have a silly argument about it.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sat Oct 17, 09 8:43 am

I can't vote on the poll namely because there's no appropriate option.

I have no problem with those who drink alcohol, so long as they do it responsibly. I myself don't drink, I have tried beer, wine, rum, whiskey and bourbon before but I can't stand any of it. To be honest, I'd rather drink a carbonated drink such as Coca Cola.

A colleague of mine at my course made a decent point, in my opinion: You don't drink alcohol for the taste, you drink it to get pissed.

Makes sense, but then I realise why? No, I have never been drunk, and I have no intentions of ever getting drunk anytime soon. Why? Because I don't see the point in looking like a fucking moron for a few hours (unless you're an angry or depressed drunk, which isn't any better) then waking up in the morning with a goddamn headache.

So, as I said, I have no problem with those who do it. I just choose not to.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby James » Sat Oct 17, 09 9:05 am

Someone add a "I've tried, but I don't drink alcohol" option, seeing as the retarded permissions won't let me.

A colleague of mine at my course made a decent point, in my opinion: You don't drink alcohol for the taste, you drink it to get pissed.

Makes sense, but then I realise why? No, I have never been drunk, and I have no intentions of ever getting drunk anytime soon. Why? Because I don't see the point in looking like a fucking moron for a few hours (unless you're an angry or depressed drunk, which isn't any better) then waking up in the morning with a goddamn headache.

He's correct. Alcohol is pretty much a worldwide legal recreational drug. It's for the weaker of us who need stress relief or to get fucked up crazy. It's all self inflicted in the end to how much you consume, but I feel a little depressed that some people depend on drinking to control their own emotions by being doped out merry or depressed.

Don't get me wrong, there's some people who drink for simply the taste of some alcoholic concuctions but face it, I could get the same taste of Jaegermeister from either strong carbonated berry juice or Calpol.
Last edited by James on Sat Oct 17, 09 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sat Oct 17, 09 9:14 am

I voted "I've never tried" because I've never been drunk and don't know "how is it", never drunk anything above ~17° and I drink a wineglass only on occasions such as my or parent's Birthdays and New Year. Even a wineglass makes me sleepy, think slower and give me a slight headache in half an hour after drinking.
Last edited by Dae on Sat Oct 17, 09 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Oct 17, 09 9:16 am

I don't think the topic is about getting drunk though.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sat Oct 17, 09 9:27 am

Right, I would have voted this if it was there
James wrote:"I've tried, but I don't drink alcohol" option
Dae
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sat Oct 17, 09 9:40 am

I'll admit, I don't mind certain wine. Can't stand white wine but I've tasted some nice red wines before.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Alex » Sat Oct 17, 09 10:13 am

I usually drink on friday and saturday night, those nights I allow myself to drink, as I don't have any obligations the day after (Not that I get drunk on those nights, it's just that getting out of bed is a tad harder when you've been drinking the night before). As for days such as sunday, monday etc, I sometimes drink one or two glasses of wine during dinner, but not during each dinner. On average, I'd say I drink 3 nights per week.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Zantinzuken » Sat Oct 17, 09 10:29 am

There's no "I'm Irish" option so i picked 1 day but that could be 4-5 days some weeks.

Very rarely do you find a person in Ireland who doesn't wet their whistle frequently. Oh and if you like Coca Cola on it's own try it with with a bit of Captain Morgan or even Jameson/SoCo you might like that. Vodka is alright too with it if the right amount it administered.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sat Oct 17, 09 11:10 am

Zantinzuken wrote:Vodka is alright too with it if the right amount it administered.

Tried that, wasn't too bad actually.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Zantinzuken » Sat Oct 17, 09 11:21 am

Vodka is really popular with coke, if the right amount is given it's actually quite nice. But of course if too much is put in you might as well strip paint with it. I've had absinte(sp?) with red bull...it'll bring a tear to your eye. You can taste the rum in Captain morgan and sometimes it tastes absolutely terrible, I'm fond of it but wouldn't have it all the time.

Any sort of whiskey and coke is good but SoCo does generally taste better than most. Although at the end of the day everyone has their own preference with drink, I hate beer/larger.

I never used to drink that much growing up but as I got older it did become socially important (different cultures and all that). I wouldn't drink casually though, like at home watching a game or anything, only when out with mates usually.

It's definitely not a bad thing that you don't like the taste of most alcohol.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby James » Sat Oct 17, 09 11:27 am

I hate beer/larger.

WIT
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sat Oct 17, 09 11:39 am

I voted once or twice a month because the only time I drink alcohol is when I'm out with friends for weekend nights or celebrating birthdays. During summer holidays I drink more frequently though but I try to be as careful as possible when it's school time.
I like several kinds of drinks but I'd say vodka is an exception. Perhaps it's just me, I don't know, maybe I've drank the shit kind of it because I couldn't really feel a proper taste of it..
Jägermeister is one of my favourites.
Also, how do you call the mixture of soda and white wine in English?
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby synthetic » Sat Oct 17, 09 11:52 am

2 days a week on average I guess. Rarely alone.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Oct 17, 09 8:36 pm

Once a week... or 2 days... once in a few months I just have a piss up every day for a week, usually in Liverpool.

Also, a mixture of soda and white wine is called SICK.

Heineken ftw <3
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Oct 17, 09 8:40 pm

Psychotic wrote:but then I realise why? No, I have never been drunk, and I have no intentions of ever getting drunk anytime soon. Why? Because I don't see the point in looking like a fucking moron for a few hours (unless you're an angry or depressed drunk, which isn't any better) then waking up in the morning with a goddamn headache.

Helps having a good time, sitting in a room with alot of people drinking Coca Cola and playing videogames is fun... But I rather sit in a room with people and drink alcohol and laugh at people passing out or putting weird clothes on or doing stupid shit on the streets... I'm usually that person but damnit one day I'll laugh at someone else!

Also, it got me laid the first time. That's why it's win.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby synthetic » Sat Oct 17, 09 10:26 pm

No, I have never been drunk

Wat. Someone get the guy some ghb and take him to the woods :D
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Sat Oct 17, 09 10:33 pm

Psychotic wrote:I can't vote on the poll namely because there's no appropriate option.

I have no problem with those who drink alcohol, so long as they do it responsibly. I myself don't drink, I have tried beer, wine, rum, whiskey and bourbon before but I can't stand any of it. To be honest, I'd rather drink a carbonated drink such as Coca Cola.

So, as I said, I have no problem with those who do it. I just choose not to.

This 100%

I don't drink because it tastes like shit and inebriation is overrated. I have been drunk because as the saying goes, don't knock something unless you've tried it. I had said it didn't look worthwhile to me, but one night I gave it a shot(IF YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN) and it was meh.

The only alcoholic drink I've ever enjoyed was Kahluah, however it's spelled, with milk and vodka. I think it's called a White Russian or something. It's delicious. Other than that, I don't drink.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Hanover Fist » Sat Oct 17, 09 10:35 pm

Psychotic wrote:I'll admit, I don't mind certain wine. Can't stand white wine but I've tasted some nice red wines before.

Also this. Merlot and Cabernet are decent.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby ~[ß]Lost~ » Sun Oct 18, 09 8:28 am

Atleast once or twice a month, I get drunk. But why? It's a social and fun thing to do.

Psychotic wrote:Makes sense, but then I realise why? No, I have never been drunk, and I have no intentions of ever getting drunk anytime soon. Why? Because I don't see the point in looking like a fucking moron for a few hours (unless you're an angry or depressed drunk, which isn't any better) then waking up in the morning with a goddamn headache.

Makes sense for you. Call me a close minded faggot, but you're just like any other anti-social retard who refuse to drink.
Last edited by ~[ß]Lost~ on Sun Oct 18, 09 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sike
clanb.deus-ex.net

Legion wrote:By default, I'm bi. However I've spent a great deal of time "burying" that aspect of me...
~[ß]Lost~
Poster

Postby James » Sun Oct 18, 09 8:36 am

Drinking being a social thing is an illusion, it merely adds and can influence social interaction. The only reason why it's an illusion is because you'd normally go to a pub, bar or club to drink it. I don't see drinking tea in my favorite café as a social thing either, I call it talking to my friend. The tea isn't the social center. Alcohol isn't a social center, cultures have merely pretended it to be that despite the fact if drinking coca cola in public clubs = cool then drinking cocacola would be a social thing to do! too long; didn't read it doesn't make sense it's who you're talking to do... it's not what you take.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Oct 18, 09 9:52 am

Consuming a certain amount of alcohol is good for you. Unfortunately enough that amount isnt enough to make you drunk which is why we essentially drink so certain borders would be swept away in socialization. Interestingly enough, drink too much and with wrong people and too many borders will be swept away, resulting in Juggernaut size guy screaming through the bar that you dont ever tip, you just dont do that, or in rather repetitive and cruel words coming from a co-worker who has breached her limit.

Consumed in right proportions with the right crowd you can spend 12 hours just chatting about everything in life sometimes, on topics you usually during busy times would not touch or in lengths you wouldnt generally go into. With my friends we manage to cover a wide area of topics ranging from religion and philosophy straight to tall girls and genetics.
If the fuel runs out you get more.
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Oct 18, 09 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Sun Oct 18, 09 10:18 am

Alcohol is social insulation. It adds layers of compensation for a lack of an ability to just socialize.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby MainMan » Sun Oct 18, 09 10:27 am

Once or twice a week when I go out with friends on the weekend, and sometimes during the week I may have a beer or a glass of wine, usually with food.
Last edited by MainMan on Sun Oct 18, 09 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Siva » Sun Oct 18, 09 11:15 am

I drink socially.

If I'm with people older than myself and they are drinking, I will drink also.

Other than that, no.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun Oct 18, 09 11:31 am

~[ß]Lost~ wrote:Atleast once or twice a month, I get drunk. But why? It's a social and fun thing to do.

Psychotic wrote:Makes sense, but then I realise why? No, I have never been drunk, and I have no intentions of ever getting drunk anytime soon. Why? Because I don't see the point in looking like a fucking moron for a few hours (unless you're an angry or depressed drunk, which isn't any better) then waking up in the morning with a goddamn headache.

Makes sense for you. Call me a close minded faggot, but you're just like any other anti-social retard who refuse to drink.

You think you're better than me for drowning yourself in a glass of liquid? As James said, using it to control your own emotions? I don't need alcohol or any other drug, and I never said I was better than you for it.

In fact, I said I had no problem with people who do so long as they do it responsibly (no one deserves to die because you decided to get pissed and drive).

So fuck you. Go take your glass of piss and shove it up your ass.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby MainMan » Sun Oct 18, 09 11:32 am

Wow.. what's the big deal? If you want to drink, do. If you don't, don't. People have different lifestyles. No need to make a song and dance of it.
Last edited by MainMan on Sun Oct 18, 09 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun Oct 18, 09 11:42 am

MænMan wrote:Wow.. what's the big deal? If you want to drink, do. If you don't, don't. People have different lifestyles. No need to make a song and dance of it.

Apparently it is to some.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Sun Oct 18, 09 12:33 pm

FRO_BELOW wrote:Alcohol is social insulation. It adds layers of compensation for a lack of an ability to just socialize.

Blunt generalization. The ability to openly socialize is not only different from person to person but also from nation to nation. One might assume that they would also be satisfied with different depths of socializing, but that does not seem to hold true since finns and estonians are equally happy with extremely fluid communication very common among the more "hot tempered" nations, yet it takes larger quantities of alcohol for them to reach that level naturally.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Mon Oct 19, 09 5:20 am

One of the main reasons I don't drink is because people are childish about it. Like, if you don't drink, you're not considered cool. And I think that in itself, is nerdy as hell.

Also, people around here who drink, can't shut the fuck up about it just drink. They have to make entire dialogues about how drunk they are after half a bottle of Coors Lite. Is it just me or is that GAY

Some people fucking catalog everything they drink or did drink on another night of drinking. Some people even make threads about them on forums on the internet.
Last edited by Hanover Fist on Mon Oct 19, 09 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanover Fist
Master

Next

Return to Rants & Debates