C'mon guys...

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

C'mon guys...

Postby Aidan » Mon Nov 23, 09 3:17 pm

This -> http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=30

Sure he didn't have the best equipment.. but he had the aspiration to become a webhost, and you know what? It's the pricks on this site that ruin people's aspirations and emotions.

I notice the mentality of some of you at the time is, "IM BIG AND BAD ON THE INTERNET MACHINE. LIFE DOESN'T HAVE SHIT ON ME"

Just stop it with negativity (relating back to James's Topic Earlier)
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Mon Nov 23, 09 3:21 pm

I agree and I already PM'd the guy about it. If you have nothing useful to say, keep your mouth shut.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby ~DJ~ » Mon Nov 23, 09 3:23 pm

Yeah, atleast he's hosting or watevah.

p.s can u hostz for meh?

Phew, this topic aint about my posting about furries with the title of james and a click here linky.. :S
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Alex » Mon Nov 23, 09 3:48 pm

If he said "I started hosting people, I use old equipment and I run it on a home connection", then we didn't complain, most likely.

Thing is, he pretended as if he owned state of the art equipment, and so on.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Nov 23, 09 5:17 pm

Aidan wrote:It's the pricks on this site that ruin people's aspirations and emotions.

If a few messages of pure criticism may ruin one's "aspirations and emotions", then their aspirations are bullshit and emotions are worthless.

Aidan wrote:I notice the mentality of some of you

Personally I notice a growing tendency of praising any piece shit that comes out from other people, because

OMG I CANT HURT THEIR FEELINGS!!! and I HAVE TO BE NICE TO OTHER PPL!!!

...and that is much more destructive than what you mention, because lack of criticism usually produces incompetent and ignorant "professionals", thereby appreciates stupidity and degradation.
Dae
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Nov 23, 09 5:42 pm

None of you suggested how to optimise or improve his hardware. The point is he tried, (albeit with low grade equipment). Yes it wasn't good equipment, but I didn't see anywhere on what he should be getting.

Criticism is good, keep it constructive.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Mon Nov 23, 09 6:41 pm

MrBlack wrote:None of you suggested how to optimise or improve his hardware.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Nov 23, 09 7:47 pm

Why should I waste my time on that? The guy didn't even want to accept that his hardware is crap and ended up insulting us.
Last edited by Dae on Mon Nov 23, 09 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby James » Mon Nov 23, 09 8:11 pm

Because the tendency you have mentioned has been dying evermore for the last couple of years and people are more critical than ever about what people produce on the internet because no one of our generation laugh at LegendaryFrog's pie jokes on Newgrounds.com anymore. Besides I don't see anyone praising him in that topic except for "welcome back".

You wanted to insult him, fair enough, just leave the excuses out of that.
Last edited by James on Mon Nov 23, 09 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Nov 23, 09 8:51 pm

What jokes? :shock:

I notice the tendency mostly on sites such as web-design/photo/art related magazines, blogs, forums, deviantart etc. It's not true for image boards where posting criticism is just the essence of all discussions or youtube, where kids spam "ur noob", "lol u suck" possibly under any video they see. It's not generation per se.
Last edited by Dae on Mon Nov 23, 09 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby James » Mon Nov 23, 09 8:56 pm

The jokes that praised him and other shit artists such as Tim Buckley which gave them ignorantitus. I don't care if you notice the tendency on BAD websites and Hell in Deviant art past the furry and vore communities you get people who enjoy the photos that aren't super saijin Sonic pictures and shit. MrSheldon is fucking incredible.

Plus you have websites where people post their shit and follow private critism lot like eegra.com, gunshow.com, harkavagrant.com valvesoftware.com holy shit I'm pulling GOOD links out of my asshole where people improve on their works because PEOPLE tell them what's wrong with it and suggest

The point is, the critism wasnt there and you're using an off board trend as an excuse.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Nov 23, 09 9:32 pm

Ok if you want to call my words insulting, you have the right. But how is that not criticism? Even if I didn't want to give him the advice of — suprise-suprise! — BUYING SOME NEW HARDWARE — how is that not criticism?

Speaking of excuses, the only "excuse" was
Alex wrote:he pretended as if he owned state of the art equipment

The trend is my own generalization on what I often see on the aforementioned sites no matter how BAD they are, and I brought it to the discussion because Aidan had earlier said that shadow's hardware sounds good and Sasquatch even PMed him.

James wrote:PEOPLE tell them what's wrong with it and suggest

The guy was begging for it:
shadowserversystems wrote:your all being ingrates and pricks why i even bother argueing i dont know. It fucking works for what i need it

:lol:
Last edited by Dae on Mon Nov 23, 09 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Mon Nov 23, 09 9:36 pm

Telling the guy how much his equipment sucks is not what I would call positive critism. You were basically telling him to get the fuck out of here.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby James » Mon Nov 23, 09 9:37 pm

Dae wrote:I can't take critism
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Nov 23, 09 9:44 pm

Critism is not even a proper word.
Dae
Alpha

Postby James » Mon Nov 23, 09 9:46 pm

I'm playing L4D2 during all of these posts how about that for a retort
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Mon Nov 23, 09 9:52 pm

I ADMIT MY TOTAL DEFEAT THEN :emo2:

I also want to play it!
Last edited by Dae on Mon Nov 23, 09 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Mon Nov 23, 09 10:44 pm

I'd like to point out that I never insulted him. I simply told him that I would much rather use a webhost with better equipment since MOST have upgraded equipment.

He's doomed to fail right from the start anyway since anyone smart enough WOULD look into details like that and find out he's using extremely outdated and slow equipment to run his "business".

Pay a little more, get better quality goods. If he doesn't like that then that's too fucking bad, it's not our fault. Either shape up or ship out.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Mon Nov 23, 09 11:11 pm

As he said his equipment is perfectly fine for whatever he needs it for, not to mention that noone of you requested his services.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Nov 24, 09 12:07 am

~SaSQuAtCH~ wrote:As he said his equipment is perfectly fine for whatever he needs it for

It's not useful for ANYTHING. Whilst I'd personally love to have even that gear for my own personal use (I'd love my own server, any will do) I wouldn't start a fucking business on it. It's not viable equipment, it's extremely outdated. If he wants to run a decent service he would fucking upgrade.

Oh, and not take criticism like a little bitch.

~SaSQuAtCH~ wrote:not to mention that noone of you requested his services.

Why the hell would we?

1. Not everyone NEEDS his services. Not everyone on here needs a website and, if they do, there's a lot better found on FREE WEBHOSTS.

2. I'm fairly sure Dae and Alex don't need his services. Look at this forum, [quote=http://deusexnetwork.com/]look at the other sites they've run[/quote], do you honestly believe they need his webhosting?

3. I don't need his webhosting. As I said in his topic, I pay $5 USD every 6 months for my host. This gives me 8GB of storage, 40GB of bandwidth and unmetered email accounts, MySQL databases and domains. I have 24/7 support to go with it as well.

Whilst there's a lot better webhosts than the one I use, I don't need his services. I [/list]
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Alex » Tue Nov 24, 09 12:30 am

Ok, seeing as some of you keep stating how he can improve:

Get a server with at least a dual quadcore Xeon processor based on the Nehalem structure, use 73GB or 150GB Raptor 15k rpm harddrive's, preferably in RAID 5, as for RAM, 4GB is a minimum, I suggest 8GB or even 16GB.

Oh wait, for your situation, that's overkill.

Thing is: The equipment he used is UNDERpowered for ANY purpose other than development.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Nov 24, 09 1:10 am

Alex wrote:Thing is: The equipment he used is UNDERpowered for ANY purpose other than development.

It's a system I'd love to have but again for personal/development usage (in other words: I'm agreeing with Alex here).

Alex wrote:Get a server with at least a dual quadcore Xeon processor based on the Nehalem structure, use 73GB or 150GB Raptor 15k rpm harddrive's, preferably in RAID 5, as for RAM, 4GB is a minimum, I suggest 8GB or even 16GB.

Is this what you guys have? Lmao.

Total overkill for me but would fucking own anyway.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Tue Nov 24, 09 1:35 am

THIS THREAD

BAWWW INTERNET MAKE ME SAD

FUCK YOU ITS THE INTERNET

NO FUCK YOU ITS THE INTERNET

FUCK YOU ITS THE INTERNET

ARGUMENT COLLAPSE
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby James » Tue Nov 24, 09 8:41 am

Oh shut up Ruben. Your pretend careless insight to any arguement is as retarded as the arguements themselves. Will you stop doing that?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Nov 24, 09 10:43 am

James wrote:Oh shut up Ruben. Your pretend careless insight to any arguement is as retarded as the arguements themselves. Will you stop doing that?

I doubt it. It DEFINES him.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Alex » Tue Nov 24, 09 10:45 am

Psychotic wrote:
Alex wrote:Thing is: The equipment he used is UNDERpowered for ANY purpose other than development.

It's a system I'd love to have but again for personal/development usage (in other words: I'm agreeing with Alex here).

Alex wrote:Get a server with at least a dual quadcore Xeon processor based on the Nehalem structure, use 73GB or 150GB Raptor 15k rpm harddrive's, preferably in RAID 5, as for RAM, 4GB is a minimum, I suggest 8GB or even 16GB.

Is this what you guys have? Lmao.

Total overkill for me but would fucking own anyway.

Nah, we don't have that. Quadcore, 8GB, 750GB RAID 1

And you don't know what else we run on the server :) Processor and RAM are a bit overpowered; sometimes we do need it though, to make calculations. But as for the diskspace: we definitely need that.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Nov 24, 09 10:57 am

Alex wrote:Nah, we don't have that. Quadcore, 8GB, 750GB RAID 1

And you don't know what else we run on the server :) Processor and RAM are a bit overpowered; sometimes we do need it though, to make calculations. But as for the diskspace: we definitely need that.

Fucking awesome.

I can understand the disk space part lol.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Tue Nov 24, 09 12:40 pm

Psychotic wrote:
~SaSQuAtCH~ wrote:As he said his equipment is perfectly fine for whatever he needs it for

It's not useful for ANYTHING. Whilst I'd personally love to have even that gear for my own personal use (I'd love my own server, any will do) I wouldn't start a fucking business on it. It's not viable equipment, it's extremely outdated. If he wants to run a decent service he would fucking upgrade.

Oh, and not take criticism like a little bitch.

~SaSQuAtCH~ wrote:not to mention that noone of you requested his services.

Why the hell would we?

1. Not everyone NEEDS his services. Not everyone on here needs a website and, if they do, there's a lot better found on FREE WEBHOSTS.

2. I'm fairly sure Dae and Alex don't need his services. Look at this forum,
http://deusexnetwork.com/ wrote:look at the other sites they've run
, do you honestly believe they need his webhosting?

3. I don't need his webhosting. As I said in his topic, I pay $5 USD every 6 months for my host. This gives me 8GB of storage, 40GB of bandwidth and unmetered email accounts, MySQL databases and domains. I have 24/7 support to go with it as well.

Whilst there's a lot better webhosts than the one I use, I don't need his services. I [/list]

you obviously don't get the point of what I said, even though you took the time to write an essay about it :?
Last edited by ~SaSQuAtCH~ on Tue Nov 24, 09 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Tue Nov 24, 09 1:10 pm

I write a fucking essay about EVERYTHING. Thought you would've learned that by now.

And what point? He wants to be BUSINESS, he wants to HOST for OTHER PEOPLE. He ain't gonna get far on shitty gear.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Aidan » Tue Nov 24, 09 2:11 pm

Sure he isn't going to get far, but everyone has to start somewhere, and work their way up.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Next

Return to Rants & Debates