Rape vs. murder

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Rape vs. murder

Postby clyzm » Tue Jul 20, 10 6:48 pm

A controversial topic that's been springing up lately around a forum I go to. What's your stance on it, /alpha/ ? Which one is more horrible?

Personally I think rape is just about the worst you can humiliate a person, forcing people to act as objects of submission and pleasure. But then again, murder is the worst thing you can possibly do to a person. Their legacy, memories, potential - all gone. It's especially bad if they're young and haven't lived their lives yet. You can recover from rape - physically at least - but not from murder.

Still, some would argue that rape is still worse because of the mental trauma someone would go through that affects their entire lives. Thoughts on this?
Last edited by clyzm on Tue Jul 20, 10 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Tue Jul 20, 10 7:24 pm

Rape is worse in more cases than murder in my opinion, but they're equally sick theft. It honestly depends on the method of murder, e.g; slow torture which can even involve rape.
Last edited by James on Wed Jul 21, 10 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Wed Jul 21, 10 12:09 am

The person who gets raped has to live with that trauma for the rest of their lives, imo its the most vile and disgusting thing one person can do to another.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Aidan » Wed Jul 21, 10 4:35 am

Depends on the mental state of the person prior to the event. If their psych is "hard as nails" so to speak. They would be able to recovery quite quickly and live their life (just about) normal. If the person has a low self esteem, and perhaps has had a rough life (past trauma), this could wreck their psych for the rest of their life, resulting in a painful 62 years (or however much time they have left in their life).

There are just so many variables, I do not think we can just choose one.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Jul 21, 10 5:25 am

Depends how the murder happens.

If you've seen 3 guys 1 hammer, you'd rather wish to get raped every single day instead of dieing through that.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Aidan » Wed Jul 21, 10 5:31 am

Mastakilla wrote:Depends how the murder happens.

If you've seen 3 guys 1 hammer, you'd rather wish to get raped every single day instead of dieing through that.

However, the end result of murder, is death.

In saying that, you propose that (in this case), rape is better than murder.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby clyzm » Wed Jul 21, 10 6:37 am

Is that the video with the two Ukrainian teenagers killing an old homeless man with a hammer?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Batchy » Wed Jul 21, 10 6:38 am

"rape is better than murder."

Damn right it is.

Mr.Fagstix wrote:This is why I fucking hate you. Because somehow you manage to take somebodies posts, twist them against them, troll them and flame bait them and then you still get away with it? Is this forums management on fucking crack or some shit? Fucking SERIOUSLY.
Batchy
Addict

Postby James » Wed Jul 21, 10 6:52 am

Aidan wrote:

However, the end result of murder, is death.

In saying that, you propose that (in this case), rape is better than murder.

Excuse me, to have a chance to be physically or mentally broken (this doesn't apply for rape only) is a lot more damaging than death in the long run.

Lets face it, rape also comes in different forms such as pedophillia. (Batch????????)
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Batchy » Wed Jul 21, 10 7:01 am

Rape is damaging in the long run. Once you are dead, that's it (Depending on religious views)

You won't remember all the pain you suffer while being killed, So to answer the question:

Rape is more "horrible" than murder.

On the other side of the argument is talking about the person who commits the act. This is where my opinion changes. I believe to be able to kill someone _in cold blood_ is a much more "horrible" act.
Mr.Fagstix wrote:This is why I fucking hate you. Because somehow you manage to take somebodies posts, twist them against them, troll them and flame bait them and then you still get away with it? Is this forums management on fucking crack or some shit? Fucking SERIOUSLY.
Batchy
Addict

Postby James » Wed Jul 21, 10 7:12 am

lmao oh god

u won't remember all the pain you suffer while being killed, So to answer the question:

Rape is more "horrible" than murder.

On the other side of the argument is talking about the person who commits the act. This is where my opinion changes. I believe to be able to kill someone _in cold blood_ is a much more "horrible" act.

This is why Derek is laughing his way because of shallow opinions such as this. You can't weigh rape or murder individually at all because there's variances of them both.

For example:

I'd rather receive a 12 gauge to the face and die than get raped in prison, I'd rather get raped than prison than be tortured by multiple stab wounds given slowly lasting from anything from an hour to days til my death, I'd rather be tortured slowly and die of stab wounds than be crippled and held down while someone has joyboy fun with my arse, I'd rather be turned into a disabled bitch than get burnt by acid til I melt, I'd rather melt than be raped by someone with STDs, I'd rather get raped and full of POS seeds than have someone cut off one of my organs every week and put it in front of me and construct it in front of me until I basically die and my body is left as a flesh doll. (BEST NIGHTMARE OR BEST NIGHTMARE)

It goes on and on, you can't weigh the one at all, give up.
Last edited by James on Wed Jul 21, 10 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Wasted. » Wed Jul 21, 10 9:21 am

this is easily the most unanswerable and too simply put question and then subsequently answered rant ever

quality
Wasted.
Addict

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Jul 21, 10 9:22 am

clyzm wrote:

Is that the video with the two Ukrainian teenagers killing an old homeless man with a hammer?

&Screwdriver to poke his eyes out while he's still alive

Yeah, I was actually quite shocked after seeing the video.
Wouldn't get out of my head for days to come lol
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Batchy » Wed Jul 21, 10 9:41 am

Mastakilla wrote:
clyzm wrote:

Yeah, Hard not to masturbate to it, eh?
Batchy
Addict

Postby Dae » Wed Jul 21, 10 10:34 am

No psychological pain can be worse than death.
Dae
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Wed Jul 21, 10 11:51 am

Mastakilla wrote:
clyzm wrote:

That was just fucked up. They also did similar torture to a bunch of cats and even a little kid. Their motives was to make $$$ posting snuff videos online.

No psychological pain can be worse than death.

To the surrounded friends & family - pretty much. To the person - no. Being raped holds stigmas in society - if women come out and say they were raped, no one is going to want to pursue them out of fear they'll report rape again, or perhaps they're too fragile, etc. In addition, most people won't even believe them, they'll say things like oh she was drunk. This is just crippling in terms of psychological pain. I can never imagine something like this. For men, it's simply the fact that you're not a man anymore after you've been raped. You're changed.

I watched the movie "Speak" with that girl from Twilight in it - it sums up the consequences of rape for a victim quite accurately.

James said it best, I think. Varying degrees of horribleness from both acts.

So, to contribute more to this topic: Why are games like GTA and Manhunt, games where you have to commit acts of murder, more tolerable in society than games like RapeLay, a raping simulation game that has been met with universal disapproval and shock? Are we, as a culture overall, more desensitized to murder than we are to rape? Or is it something beyond that?
Last edited by clyzm on Wed Jul 21, 10 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Tantalus » Wed Jul 21, 10 4:50 pm

I don't feel we're desensitised to either. What many critics of violent video games don't understand is that, subconsciously, we know it's still a game. No matter how immersed we become in a medium, we are still disinterested; or as Immanuel Kant would say: we have 'psychic distance'. This can be seen in Shakespearean plays such as Hamlet, we appreciate the murder as an interesting plot device, not scream and run for help. Therefore, we can never be truly remorseful for killing someone randomly on a video game or truly be saddened by a characters death in a movie, for instance.

For rape in video games, I feel it is the same, maaaybe. We are still disinterested, but it is a 'new thing' in video games so will of course be met with negativity; like GTA or Manhunt. Or perhaps it's because we can see the victim's reaction to it which really immerses us in the game and makes us feel like we're a monster.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Wed Jul 21, 10 5:36 pm

Dae wrote:No psychological pain can be worse than death.

Yeah okay let's tell that to the victims of Josef Fritzl, I'm sure his daughter begged for death at times.

Also lets take that graphical nightmare I had

have someone cut off one of my organs every week and put it in front of me and construct it in front of me until I basically die and my body is left as a flesh doll.

My mind (hopefully) might retreat into itself into numb deluded craziness ignoring that matter and before that I'm sure I might just want to die; I'm missing my legs/arms but they're dangled in front of me by a sick pervert. I died in the end but at what cost?, my sanity because if I was ever to fall into that situation I don't think I would or most people would have the will power to endure such torture.

That is if I don't die of infection (if it's a dirty job in a warehouse by Klop)

You can easily argue "You mixed psychological pain and death, doesn't count" then I'd just tell you to read the above. But you also possibly insinuated (stop me if I'm wrong) that being mentally broken is rape.

Psychological pain is not a part rape or murder, it's an effect that can come from it. I gave examples like the STD and physical batterings to show variance. To be honest I'd rather be dead than be a cabbage retard in a car crash as well, it's strictly not pain but it's the same thing.

quality

>HE THINKS ENGLAND WERE OVERRATED
Last edited by James on Wed Jul 21, 10 5:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Rants & Debates