UK riots

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

UK riots

Postby James » Wed Aug 10, 11 2:15 pm

Police in London shot a man who died as cause of that
The next day family/friends/local area started protest on why it was kept hidden by the police
Protest turns into riot in Tottenham
Next day they resume the riots, and word of mouth/copycats start riots in other nearby boroughs.
Copycat riots soon start in other cities/towns/regions in England and repeat the next day

All of this is fact, but there's a lot of speculation that intertwines with this:
    Speculation that the man they killed was a gang member and had a loaded gun and shot at police (with confirmation that the bullet fired into a policeman's vest was police issue...)
    Speculation that randomers unrelated to the protest caused this, then the protestors followed.
    On why they were protesting/rioting was because of racism, against the Rich, against the police themselves.

Now I feel that those are irrelevant.

The chaos grew people of any background into opportunist theft and destruction "for fun" . I do not care if these pictures are abundant showing people of ethics and stereotypes, a lot of people are using this as an opportunity to cause this theft throughout the country and people are getting onto it because they see these people getting free stuff and basically getting away with causing destruction.

One stereotype that I feel is relevant is that they're mostly below the age of 20. People brought up through similar experiences who have protested and rioted for various things like Thatcher's Conservative party and defending their race are DISGUSTED (we've came a far way from this) and it has indeed sparked up new excuses for simple minded racist nationalists to take the advantage.

Speaking of nationalists and politics, without going too far into it the officials and authority have been very slow and insufficient to act on all this. An example was our prime minster's PRESS TEAM actually having the nerve to have tabloids publish a publicity stunt with an Italian waitress.

All this because of one person, and the greatest irony is that the rioters have shot someone in a car and that person is now dead. The police and especially not the riots aren't in the right.

I want to know what in UK society has generated this generation.
Last edited by James on Wed Aug 10, 11 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Re: UK riots

Postby or 1=1 » Wed Aug 10, 11 2:38 pm

James wrote:I want to know what in UK society has generated this generation.

Videogames, ofcourse ;)
Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Re: UK riots

Postby UT » Wed Aug 10, 11 2:38 pm

or 1=1 wrote:
James wrote:I want to know what in UK society has generated this generation.

Videogames, ofcourse ;)

films, ofcourse ;)
Tim Sweeeeeeney<3
James wrote:Of course I do I'm living the dream!!!!

DJ wrote:wat dream

Chloe wrote:me, ofc
UT
Elite

Location: Action de déterminer avec précision le lieu de quelque chose.

Postby James » Wed Aug 10, 11 2:39 pm

Yes the GTA ban pedanticness HAS been risen.

But let's not discuss that.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby or 1=1 » Wed Aug 10, 11 3:04 pm

Italian TVs are talking about this even like "a riot from periphery against banks, stores, cities and all those symbols of richness and racism that they can't afford cause of a high unemployment rate."
Cheap Bitch
or 1=1
Master

Postby James » Wed Aug 10, 11 3:19 pm

Absolutely bullshit. It's kids and teens being as the saying goes "cruel as school children" not understanding the damage they're doing or with little regard and excuses.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Wed Aug 10, 11 7:49 pm

They are simply making excuses to justify their actions. Just because they claim that's there reason, it doesn't make it true. They're purely doing it for the "thrill" and to steal goods.
Last edited by Gishank on Wed Aug 10, 11 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Wed Aug 10, 11 7:59 pm

I love how you ask the question of "what in UK society has generated this generation" as if it never happened before.

It pretty much happens every decade.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Wed Aug 10, 11 8:03 pm

oh fuck off

it's all started over one fucking dead person, there's been better reasons over the generations
Last edited by James on Wed Aug 10, 11 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Shinobi » Wed Aug 10, 11 8:52 pm

^Toxteth, anyone??

My post in the now-locked "UK" thread over @ General Spam has something I'd probably call at least slightly well thrown together, even if it was on the one show lol.

Family furniture store, the old guy, what he says is my point. It does happen every now and again, civil unrest is fucking inevitable, but flagrant opportunism is beyond a fucking joke.

I'm gutted I gotta go up my flat now, I wanted to write something really poignant about all this but fuck it...

STOP blaming the kids. YES they're doing it, but fuckin why?? Ya can blame the parents, but then ya can blame the government too, or perhaps the police? or perhaps the fucking tooth fairy in this instance....

Liked a page on facebook yesterday, had a pic of DC with his arm around a "hoodie"... page title?

SO... Hug a Hoodie went well, eh, Dave?

Fuckin A'. But alas... can't fkn write no time

peace out - Lol
Last edited by Shinobi on Wed Aug 10, 11 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Shinobi » Wed Aug 10, 11 8:55 pm

sorry for double post... Massive Attack just posted this on facebook which i thought was quite well thought out:

"In context with the complicit support of the government, the banks looted the nation's wealth while destroying countless small businesses and brought the whole economy to its knees in a covert, clean manner, rather like organised crime.

Our reaction was to march and wave banners and then bail them out. These kids would have to riot and steal every night for a year to run up a bill equivalent to the value of non-paid tax big business has 'avoided' out of the economy this year alone.
They may not articulate their grievances like the politicians that condemn them but this is absolutely political. As for the 'mindless violence'… is there anything more mindless than the British taxpayer quietly paying back the debts of others while contributing bullets to conflicts that we have absolutely no understanding of?

It's mad,sad and scary when we have to take to the streets to defend our homes and businesses from angry thieving kids, but where are the police and what justice is ever done when the mob is dressed in pin stripe."
Shinobi
Master

Postby Shinobi » Wed Aug 10, 11 8:55 pm

sorry for double post... Massive Attack just posted this on facebook which i thought was quite well thought out:

In context with the complicit support of the government, the banks looted the nation's wealth while destroying countless small businesses and brought the whole economy to its knees in a covert, clean manner, rather like organised crime.

Our reaction was to march and wave banners and then bail them out. These kids would have to riot and steal every night for a year to run up a bill equivalent to the value of non-paid tax big business has 'avoided' out of the economy this year alone.
They may not articulate their grievances like the politicians that condemn them but this is absolutely political. As for the 'mindless violence'… is there anything more mindless than the British taxpayer quietly paying back the debts of others while contributing bullets to conflicts that we have absolutely no understanding of?

It's mad,sad and scary when we have to take to the streets to defend our homes and businesses from angry thieving kids, but where are the police and what justice is ever done when the mob is dressed in pin stripe.
[/quote]
Shinobi
Master

Postby Shinobi » Wed Aug 10, 11 8:58 pm

althoguht the above isnt my point, its also true

right rly gotta go gutting

james you have good points mate and pose decent questions that really need to be answered sharpish
Shinobi
Master

Postby James » Wed Aug 10, 11 9:12 pm

Shinobi wrote:^Toxteth, anyone??

part of riots over 2 years of tension on thatcher's editions of sus laws

next
Last edited by James on Wed Aug 10, 11 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Wed Aug 10, 11 9:17 pm

Baleout
Master

Postby James » Wed Aug 10, 11 9:20 pm

^ seen variations of that around, made me laugh.

Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets.
Last edited by James on Wed Aug 10, 11 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Wed Aug 10, 11 9:48 pm

That's awesome.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Wed Aug 10, 11 10:32 pm

James wrote:^ seen variations of that around, made me laugh.

Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets.

In the end they'll beg us to save them.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Wasted. » Thu Aug 11, 11 6:29 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDQCT0AJcw[/youtube]

think its naive to think that one thing lead to the riots to be honest, the looting is just opportunism though
Wasted.
Addict

Postby James » Sat Aug 13, 11 2:50 pm

I was meant to post this but no internet, Keith just posted it again on Twitter:

http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/08/big- ... ching-you/

Yes it's another Russell Brand blog, but it is certainly a good perspective.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Rants & Debates