Kim Jong II dead

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Kim Jong II dead

Postby Dae » Mon Dec 19, 11 1:07 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xy2InXXIkk[/youtube]

I like how lads at 1:20 suddenly look around and realize what they should do.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Mon Dec 19, 11 1:15 pm

I wonder what will happen next in North Korea. Kim Jong Un would normally take it over, but I've heard that the military itself could also grasp for power, as this would be a perfect moment to do so.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Dec 19, 11 1:20 pm

A small victory to those who have suffered under the reign of North Korea's massive man-made suffering.

In the mid-1990s, over 1 million North Korea citizens starved to death when the country had enough food to feed its people. In more recent times there's 250k political prisoners, including children, in concentration camps throughout the country. The government has put out death contracts on human rights activists and those working with refugees. Those refugees who are female are sold as sexual slaves to China, the NK refugees who leave to China are kept in jails and beg to the Chinese not to send them back.

Be thankful guys.

[spoiler]BREAKING - Kim Jong Il's last words were reported to be "gg - banelings op".[/spoiler]
Last edited by James on Mon Dec 19, 11 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Mon Dec 19, 11 1:23 pm

What do they think the son will be like taking over?
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Tantalus » Mon Dec 19, 11 4:02 pm

Quite a strange thing to behold, really.

Also, video footage of North Korea gets me really excited.

I don't think much will change with the inheritance of the son, the NK population is conditioned to appreciate this system of governance. That being said, though, the party system may be restructured again to either promote legitimacy or perhaps introduce a superficial element of democracy.
If Homefront is to be believed, we'll be experiencing blackouts and an NK invasion in a few months.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Aidan » Mon Dec 19, 11 5:06 pm

I think this is a great thing for North Korea.

This clip is horrible to watch, but is also very interesting. Shows how much power the country has over it's people. No freedom of emotion either.

I think in due time, the government will slowly decrease in communism.
Last edited by Aidan on Mon Dec 19, 11 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Tantalus » Mon Dec 19, 11 5:23 pm

I don't think they're being coerced into crying, they're just conditioned to think that Kim Jong-Il was a great man.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Dae » Tue Dec 20, 11 5:34 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SByuehsQE-o[/youtube]
Dae
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Tue Dec 20, 11 8:03 pm

Tantalus wrote:I don't think they're being coerced into crying, they're just conditioned to think that Kim Jong-Il was a great man.

I honestly just believe they're scared to death of their government. Almost none of this looks like true emotion.

I can see what you're saying though. Quite the hefty brainwashing.
Last edited by Aidan on Tue Dec 20, 11 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Tantalus » Tue Dec 20, 11 8:06 pm

Really interested in this book, actually:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... cook/8837/
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Dae » Tue Dec 20, 11 8:54 pm

Aidan wrote: I honestly just believe they're scared to death of their government. Almost none of this looks like true emotion.

I think its true emotion although it may seem fake to our eye because facial expressions vary from race to race, and even the way they move could be a matter of tradition in this isolated country.

Just some sixty years ago a lot of people in my country sincerely cried when Stalin died. This is just the way the cult of personality works.
Last edited by Dae on Tue Dec 20, 11 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Dec 22, 11 11:54 am

I wonder how North Koreans would react to footage of when a less non-ruler, Princess Diana, had died.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Thu Dec 22, 11 3:04 pm

James wrote:I wonder how North Koreans would react to footage of when a less non-ruler, Princess Diana, had died.

That one's not hard.

They wouldn't. Lol.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Gishank » Thu Dec 22, 11 6:04 pm

I personally think that most are showing genuine emotion though some may just be faking it as they believe it is what they should do (though this is the same with any major death, see Kennedy, Stalin or Princess Diana for an example).

There's also very little evidence of what goes on in North Korea, the only evidence that exists is published by America and it's close allies which in turn unfortunately means that it has been manipulated in some shape or form to benefit their relevant interests (whilst this is an presumption, it is based on actions in the past relevant to numerous other matters, including Russia, Iran, Israel, Palestine, Libya, etc). As such you can't really claim him to of been a 'bad man' as you never actually knew him, hell he could've been one of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

At the end of the day however, North Korea should be allowed to find it's own path. North Korea has in the past been very willing to negotiate in a peaceful manner and even be more open, yet the US and South Korea keep poking it - hell on the day after Kim Jong-Il's death a guy released balloons in to North Korea with propoganda strapped to them by the border, yet he was actively supported by South Korean military personnel. Wether you agree with North Korea or not you have to admit that would piss any country off.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Thu Dec 22, 11 6:09 pm

I don't know where I should begin with the above post. Will someone with history and political knowledge please fill in for me? Please note all major actions done independently of North Korea's will.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Thu Dec 22, 11 6:23 pm

Gishank wrote:I personally think that most are showing genuine emotion though some may just be faking it as they believe it is what they should do (though this is the same with any major death, see Kennedy, Stalin or Princess Diana for an example).

There's also very little evidence of what goes on in North Korea, the only evidence that exists is published by America and it's close allies which in turn unfortunately means that it has been manipulated in some shape or form to benefit their relevant interests (whilst this is an presumption, it is based on actions in the past relevant to numerous other matters, including Russia, Iran, Israel, Palestine, Libya, etc). As such you can't really claim him to of been a 'bad man' as you never actually knew him, hell he could've been one of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

At the end of the day however, North Korea should be allowed to find it's own path. North Korea has in the past been very willing to negotiate in a peaceful manner and even be more open, yet the US and South Korea keep poking it - hell on the day after Kim Jong-Il's death a guy released balloons in to North Korea with propoganda strapped to them by the border, yet he was actively supported by South Korean military personnel. Wether you agree with North Korea or not you have to admit that would piss any country off.

North Korea has been deliberately and decisively provoking South Korea and America for the past 50 years lol
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Gishank » Thu Dec 22, 11 6:49 pm

Even if that's so, it doesn't make the US and SK better by doing the same and expecting NK to be pursue peace. It just makes them hypocrites.
Last edited by Gishank on Thu Dec 22, 11 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Dae » Thu Dec 22, 11 7:17 pm

Gishank wrote:There's also very little evidence of what goes on in North Korea

There's more than enough of evidence that the country lives in extreme poverty.

Moreover, they — sort of — admit it themselves by begging for humanitarian aid.

Gishank wrote:As such you can't really claim him to of been a 'bad man' as you never actually knew him, hell he could've been one of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

You oddly seem to be confusing personality with managerial skills.

He could've been a nice guy but don't you agree that not doing anything about extreme poverty in his country throughout the 17 year reign makes him a really, really shit leader?
Last edited by Dae on Thu Dec 22, 11 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Thu Dec 22, 11 7:59 pm

Not only not doing anything - he spends all the country's money on himself lol
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Aidan » Fri Dec 23, 11 12:19 am

From what I've seen, he's aggressive, and ignorant. Not many nice qualities to him.

Give a country a canvas with pencils, only to use the given stencils.
Aidan
CandyMan

Return to Rants & Debates