Children "more aggressive" thanks to video games

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Children "more aggressive" thanks to video games

Postby ynnaD » Tue Apr 03, 12 3:54 pm

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/computer-game ... children-3

I suppose 10 year olds playing an 18 year old game in COD dosn't help either right?
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Tue Apr 03, 12 4:41 pm

Of course, children shouldn't simply be playing these. I've mentioned before, if I have kids I'll simply knock them back from getting these games they're nowhere near the age of playing if I catch them playing it. Children ARE easily influenced by things.

On a critical note: Censoring adult games because of children playing them is always an annoying outcome of some of this controversy. :x
Last edited by James on Tue Apr 03, 12 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Tue Apr 03, 12 4:54 pm

The stupidest story i ever read (i'll link if i can find it) was one i read a few years ago.

A child, 14, was playing Resident Evil 4, took an epileptic seizure and the parents tried to sue Capcom over the whole incident.

A CHILD

PLAYING RESIDENT EVIL

PARENTS TRYING TO SUE CAPCOM OVER THEIR OWN STUPIDITY

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Tue Apr 03, 12 4:57 pm

Las Plagas die from flashbangs I guess.

Keep videogames away from epileptic children, enough said.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby RedDynasty » Tue Apr 03, 12 5:53 pm

Srsly thank god i dont own CoD, one of the many reasons i dont is that almost all the time, you will find kids swearing at the mic.
And then the parents go blame the game companies because they cant handle the truth that they are irresponsible.
Your not a gamer until you played this.
RedDynasty
Wannabe

Postby Psycho » Tue Apr 03, 12 8:57 pm

GAMES DONT MAKE US F***** AGGRESIVE THE ****** *****S!!!! WHO DO THE F****** THINK THEY ARE!!!!1one!!!!
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby ynnaD » Wed Apr 04, 12 9:35 am

It's slightly contradictory of me of course to be giving out parents abuse of letting their children play games they shouldn't as i had played and completed Leon's disk on Resi 2 by the time i was 11, i scared myself shitless when i was 10 at Resident Evil, and i think not long after Resi 2 , i had Silent Hill, and that gave me actual nightmares, i played a lot of game's i shouldn't have, and that was wrong.

But grown up now and looking at it from the otherside, i think its wrong kids are playing games that clearly arn't in their age range or suitable.

At least back when i was playing games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil , it wasn't the same regurgitated crap every year like a Battlefield or a COD, it dosn't make it ok, but the circumstances are different.

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Psychotic » Wed Apr 04, 12 10:06 am

We all know this is bullshit, though. None of this is old news, or have we all forgotten about Jack Thompson already? I know I haven't.

Video games are the "new thing" people love to rage about, they're like the new kid on the block that nobody understands but they think they're entitled to judge them anyway. It's happened with other forms of entertainment too, such as music and film (and still does).

I don't want kids, but if I ever have them I'd base what they have access to on the basis of their own maturity, not on their age. Age is just a number signifying how long you've been in this world for, it shouldn't be used as a ranking for how mature, responsible or intelligent somebody can be.

If I felt that my children weren't mature enough to play such games then I wouldn't let them. Aside from that, I wouldn't let any child of mine get brainwashed by the shit that is Call of Duty and Battlefield. I might turn out to be a bad parent in every other area but like hell I'll let my own flesh and blood become a mindless thrall to Activision's bullshit (and EA's).
Last edited by Psychotic on Wed Apr 04, 12 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby ynnaD » Wed Apr 04, 12 3:31 pm

I'm just saddened by the way the children of today are going.

When we were kids, we grew up with Mario, Sonic, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, notice the trend? Not a single FPS game in there, it isn't the FPS genre that annoys me, it just so happens to be that's the flavour of the moment.

Kids just can't see past Call Of Duty and Battlefield, they will never experience a broader scale of games, thinking outside of FPS (COD/BF) that no games even exist.
Last edited by ynnaD on Wed Apr 04, 12 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Psychotic » Wed Apr 04, 12 3:39 pm

ynnaD wrote:I'm just saddened by the way the children of today are going.

When we were kids, we grew up with Mario, Sonic, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, notice the trend? Not a single FPS game in there, it isn't the FPS genre that annoys me, it just so happens to be that's the flavour of the moment.

Kids just can't see past Call Of Duty and Battlefield, they will never experience a broader scale of games, thinking outside of FPS (COD/BF) that no games even exsist.

Can't agree with you more.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby RedDynasty » Wed Apr 04, 12 5:55 pm

ynnaD wrote:I'm just saddened by the way the children of today are going.

Kids just can't see past Call Of Duty and Battlefield, they will never experience a broader scale of games, thinking outside of FPS (COD/BF) that no games even exist.

For them COD and BF are the greatest games ever
Im going to tell you guys a review a guy made for Minecraft, it was just..sad ( i dunno the link for the review but ill try to get it)
The guy kept talking trash about Minecraft and saying that the graphics suck.
Not only that, but he said that there no weapons or "golden guns".
So basicly he compared a FPS ( COD) with a Sandbox game(Minecraft)
Srsly..i...i just dont know what to say :tut:
Your not a gamer until you played this.
RedDynasty
Wannabe

Postby James » Thu Apr 05, 12 7:33 am

ynnaD wrote:When we were kids, we grew up with Mario, Sonic, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, notice the trend? Not a single FPS game in there, it isn't the FPS genre that annoys me, it just so happens to be that's the flavour of the moment.

I don't think that's a fair comparison, you could easily say the same with Fifa/Pro Evo and GTA being the only games played by teens in the 2000s.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Thu Apr 05, 12 10:38 am

I was banned from playing the GTA games when they came out when I was young, but I could still play Hitman!
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Return to Rants & Debates