Suicide

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby kBo » Tue Feb 08, 05 1:06 pm

No, I doubt they hacked us again, Kynazo (Team NGH member) said that Deathscry (person who really hacked us because he hated Dae and Doughboy) said he was commiting suicide because his life sucked. Both his parents died.
"Phreaking doesn't exist. It's an abstract concept that is blindly supported by the collective consciousness of a flakey subculture. You saw nothing."
kBo
Master

Postby Dae » Tue Feb 08, 05 2:31 pm

kBo wrote:No, I doubt they hacked us again, Kynazo (Team NGH member) said that Deathscry (person who really hacked us because he hated Dae and Doughboy) said he was commiting suicide because his life sucked. Both his parents died.

Deathcry cannot hack.
Kynazo can.
Dae
Alpha

Postby AlexDenton » Tue Feb 08, 05 7:27 pm

wtf is he suiciding for?
is he off his head?
Hey! Hey, Guys! Check My Girlfriend's Rack!
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Tue Feb 08, 05 8:07 pm

AlexDenton wrote:wtf is he suiciding for?
is he off his head?

I'd kill myself if my folks die too.
Dae
Alpha

Postby AlexDenton » Tue Feb 08, 05 8:13 pm

i dont see the point in suicide though

for what reason would you kill yourself?
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby MrBlackDX » Tue Feb 08, 05 8:16 pm

there is a few reasons to kill urself, but if my parents died say 5 years ago when i was highly emotional/dramatic then i would probably consider it, but never follow through

anyone who thinks they would of easily commited suicide will think back in 5 years and laugh at themselves, i know i did
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby AlexDenton » Tue Feb 08, 05 8:23 pm

i have never even contemplated it

i think it is an immensly stupid thing to go through with, no matter how depressive you are

you will ALWAYS get over it, eventually, and life is too good and too much of a rare gift to waste
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby MrBlackDX » Tue Feb 08, 05 8:27 pm

"time is a great healer, unless you have a rash, then you're better off with ointment" - Holly, Red Dwarf
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby DarkKnight » Tue Feb 08, 05 8:33 pm

AlexDenton wrote:i have never even contemplated it

i think it is an immensly stupid thing to go through with, no matter how depressive you are

you will ALWAYS get over it, eventually, and life is too good and too much of a rare gift to waste

I agree very much with what you've said, and I think very similar. :)

However, what you and I interpt as one thing in our view, is something completely different to another. Most people that attempt suicide think there is nothing to live for, or that it is the best way out. This isn't to say they are cowards, because you can't judge the situation the person is in with out being there your self.
(Not to mention the question of honour...)

The people don't need to be argued into accepting suicide is a stupid thing to do; they need to be taught that life is worth living, regardless of what you're going through at the moment.
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Tue Feb 08, 05 8:42 pm

the second most courageous thing you can do is take your own life, the first is to live life.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby AlexDenton » Tue Feb 08, 05 8:46 pm

i know, but i couldn't help being a bit blunt there lol

the strange thing is that i know that i have been in situations that other people would classify as suicidal, but the thought never once crossed my mind

it shows how the human psyche can be influenced by it's surroundings

and example is the Japanese situation

i think that the main reason for the huge number of youth japanese suicides is to do with society:
living in a city like Tokyo, Osaka or Kobe means that upon stepping out of your claustraphobic appartment you are swept into a city of bodies, and people are left feeling almost without an individual identity, but instead feel part of a machine or system of identical people

therefore, if someone disagrees with the system, or for one reason or another, cannot fit in, they find it very hard to live properly in the japanese society and end up seeking an option to get them "outta there"

also, failure in japanese culture is seen as less than accepted, and if someone fails in something major, for example, exams, or even fitting in, it can be very difficult to deal with

this whole situation is not helped by the media, who are constrantly promoting suicide in Japan, and allowing the publication of suicide guides etc

it is a large problem, and it has to be delt with asap
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Jeoh » Tue Feb 08, 05 11:35 pm

if i had nothing to live for i wouldnt kill myself i would instead take HUGE risks and take the chance to make my life worth living again.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby kBo » Wed Feb 09, 05 1:28 am

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:
kBo wrote:No, I doubt they hacked us again, Kynazo (Team NGH member) said that Deathscry (person who really hacked us because he hated Dae and Doughboy) said he was commiting suicide because his life sucked. Both his parents died.

Deathcry cannot hack.
Kynazo can.

What happened between you and Deathscry? Why is he so mad at you?
"Phreaking doesn't exist. It's an abstract concept that is blindly supported by the collective consciousness of a flakey subculture. You saw nothing."
kBo
Master

Postby ynnaD » Wed Feb 09, 05 8:52 am

AlexDenton wrote:i have never even contemplated it

the reason people think of suicide in the first place is becauyse they think they WON'T get over it and they think there is nothing left in life for them.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Wed Feb 09, 05 9:29 am

kBo wrote:
~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:

Deathcry cannot hack.
Kynazo can.

a) I was leader of alpha and he wasn't
b) he wanted to join us, but i said that "we'll have to think", that made him angry, he started flooding the forum with topics like "alpha can suck oure dicks" and so on.
DeathsCry officially apologized to us for his behaviour few months ago - he had suddenly appeared on my server (on map called [A]NYC_Battle) under one of hundreds of his nicknames (which i know) and asked "r u alpha deadulus?"
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Wed Feb 09, 05 9:38 am

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:
kBo wrote:
~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:

Deathcry cannot hack.
Kynazo can.

a) I was leader of alpha and he wasn't
b) he wanted to join us, but i said that "we'll have to think", that made him angry, he started flooding the forum with topics like "alpha can suck oure dicks" and so on.
DeathsCry officially apologized to us for his behaviour few months ago - he had suddenly appeared on my server (on map called [A]NYC_Battle) under one of hundreds of his nicknames (which i know) and asked "r u alpha deadulus?"

Ahhhh i remember him now back in our alpha days! He was a right dick towards us when he didn't get in. Also urmasssamansblahwhatever spam posts have been deleted.

JC
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby Dae » Wed Feb 09, 05 12:36 pm

AlexDenton wrote:i dont see the point in suicide though

I mean if my parents would die like in case with that young dutch teen - deathscry. Parents mean a lot in my life. They are parents, and they take place of friends for me because i dont have any in RL.
Dae
Alpha

Postby DarkKnight » Wed Feb 09, 05 2:39 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:
AlexDenton wrote:i dont see the point in suicide though

I mean if my parents would die like in case with that young dutch teen - deathscry. Parents mean a lot in my life. They are parents, and they take place of friends for me because i dont have any in RL.

As important as parents are, time heals all wounds if you allow it to. :)

Although I can say that walking past something that triggers a memory of a friend(Like walking past a plant that smells like on you knew as a child.) you havn't seen forever/ lost can make you emotional, so I guess no one can judge what they'd do untill they are there.

Farsight is not nearly as keen as hindsight.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Jeoh » Wed Feb 09, 05 6:01 pm

*Chops hand off*

Let time heal that wound.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby AlexDenton » Wed Feb 09, 05 8:05 pm

stevie is right
everyone who has had time to know thier parents are attatched to them (even if they dont realise it)

however, as human beings we have leave the ones we love

Miss them but let them go
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Feb 09, 05 8:26 pm

basically stop acting like a pussy and go get some pussy

you cling onto your parents as your only nuturing in life then you will end up 72 and still living in ur parents house

after a while u wont be able to afford the go faster stripes for your pc
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby kBo » Wed Feb 09, 05 11:01 pm

He was like 16, dude. Cut him some fucking slack. He was a fucking bastard (literally) at 16.
kBo
Master

Postby AlexDenton » Wed Feb 09, 05 11:10 pm

i cant say i know how hard that, is, cos i have 2 parents

however, i still feel that nothing permits suicide

there is always gonna be something good to live for, ALWAYS and i mean always
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Bobo. » Wed Feb 09, 05 11:45 pm

Lucky bastard...I have been depressed so many times just because i didn't know my father.
As a child you need a role model wich usually is your father you know.
Also about the suiciding i have attempted to do this so many times,my life was and still is messed up.
Some people say if someone claims to kill himself the people will go 'Oh he/she is just trying to get attention'.
But imagine this,the person is really serious about it and you will go 'Grow up idiot' or something like that how will you feel after you read in the newspaper that he killed himself?
Bobo.
Forum Hero

Postby Jeoh » Thu Feb 10, 05 9:22 am

MrBlack wrote:basically stop acting like a pussy and go get some pussy

you cling onto your parents as your only nuturing in life then you will end up 72 and still living in ur parents house

Were you dropped as a kid?

Bobo wrote:Lucky bastard...I have been depressed so many times just because i didn't know my father.

Yep, wouldn't know what I'd be without my dad.
Bobo wrote:Also about the suiciding i have attempted to do this so many times,my life was and still is messed up.
Some people say if someone claims to kill himself the people will go 'Oh he/she is just trying to get attention'.
But imagine this,the person is really serious about it and you will go 'Grow up idiot' or something like that how will you feel after you read in the newspaper that he killed himself?

Usually, you'd know the difference between 'I'm gonna kill myself my life sucks so much *cuts wrists*' and someone who's really going to suicide. I've been suicidal, I know how it feels.

But remember kids, if you're gonna die, die with your boots on.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Feb 10, 05 11:00 am

GeneralJeoh wrote:
Bobo wrote:Lucky bastard...I have been depressed so many times just because i didn't know my father.

I spent most of the life I can remember with out my dad around, if he wasn't at the house he was at work, oversea's, the pub, etc. To say that being rasied without a dad is a problem is wrong, infact sometimes it's harder being raised with one around...

Jeoh wrote:
Bobo wrote:Also about the suiciding i have attempted to do this so many times,my life was and still is messed up.

Usually, you'd know the difference between 'I'm gonna kill myself my life sucks so much *cuts wrists*' and someone who's really going to suicide. I've been suicidal, I know how it feels.

There are two kinds of suicdes, the ones that will go through with it, and those who won't. The sad fact is you won't know which untill it's too late...

Jeoh wrote:But remember kids, if you're gonna die, die with your boots on.

*salutes Iron Maiden*
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Bob » Thu Feb 10, 05 5:00 pm

DarkKnight wrote:
GeneralJeoh wrote:

I spent most of the life I can remember with out my dad around, if he wasn't at the house he was at work, oversea's, the pub, etc. To say that being rasied without a dad is a problem is wrong, infact sometimes it's harder being raised with one around...

I agree with Stevie there. Not for everyone though. I no longer remember any good points about my dad. I despise him.
Bob
Forum God

Postby AlexDenton » Thu Feb 10, 05 6:31 pm

its not about WHO brings you up

its about HOW you are brought up, how you are taught to live life

people under misguidance can live it wrongly

i have been brought up to think about everything (and sometimes i am over-analytical) and i see suicide as a bad thing, because no matter how low you are, suicide is the last thing to do

tell yourself, Dont Give Up

alot of people go on about how their idea of life is the right one, and others just dont see it, and alot of those people end up suiciding as they feel they are different
no, what you do is change the other people
its a challange - life itself is a challange, and due to pure luck, others have a bettter chance that others, but everyone must give it their fullest and tackel it

the feeling of winning is unsurpassable, so imagnie winning with life! its an extacy that is better than sex
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Marouku » Thu Feb 10, 05 9:50 pm

I had attemped suicide...but i simply told myself "There's so much more in life I haven't lived."

Advice to teens (or really anyone) thinking their life is shit and trying to attempt suicide:

Just think of what you'll be missing out on. Your life. It's not something to be wasted.
ImageImage
Marouku
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Thu Feb 10, 05 10:48 pm

I don't care what people do with their lives, if he wanted to commit suicide, I'm sure he had a reason.

There is no reason to pity the death of suicidals. If they wanted to die, they die. Don't feel pity for them.

And outkast, life is nothing but an illusion: to retrace the fact that life is really death hidden; that one day, fate will take us away, no matter what.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Next

Return to Rants & Debates