Metalcore trendies who hate punk and emo

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby James » Tue Nov 22, 05 11:12 pm

Atomsk wrote:
~[A]LTKJAY~ wrote:
Atomsk wrote:Black Sabbath didn't create metal really, it was Slayer who'd create heavy metal and death metal. When was BS formed?

:lol:

Haha, I've seen bands from 1950s create hard rock. So it can't be Black Sabbath who'd create heavy metal. I assure you that.

They started off as hardrock.

But heavy metal was made by Osborne getting annoyied in a club by turning the amp fullblast and screaming cause no one paid attention, half the pub left, half of the pub liked it, around those years.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Wed Nov 23, 05 9:11 am

Thanks Jay, you're right. BS was heavy metal then. It was crazy then and so it developed. And yes, The Who are great. Roger Daltrey's a great vocalist and the Mic swinging thing is cool. Loved their appearance at the Freddie Murcury Tribute. I forgot to mention Queen, these guy's did everything. They came out at a time where their music was out and chnaged the music industry. Many, many, many hits. Such amazing musicians.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby payne2themax » Wed Nov 23, 05 7:48 pm

Actually, Metallica was a hair metal band back then.

Are you insane? Metalllica was the antithesis of hair metal, the entire point of their music was to serve as a counterpoint to the hair metal scene prevalent in California at the time.

You debate whether Kill em All was the first thrash album, but have you even heard it? If so, why is it not a thrash album, and what was the first thrash album in your opinion?

And no, Static X aren't death metal. They aren't even metal.

Slayer actually didn't make that kind of metal, but they influenced and made the metal that is popular even today.

That is precisely what I said. It was you who claimed they were the first death metal band :shock:
payne2themax
Wannabe

Postby clyzm » Wed Nov 23, 05 8:10 pm

payne2themax wrote:
Actually, Metallica was a hair metal band back then.

Are you insane? Metalllica was the antithesis of hair metal, the entire point of their music was to serve as a counterpoint to the hair metal scene prevalent in California at the time.

You debate whether Kill em All was the first thrash album, but have you even heard it? If so, why is it not a thrash album, and what was the first thrash album in your opinion?

And no, Static X aren't death metal. They aren't even metal.

Slayer actually didn't make that kind of metal, but they influenced and made the metal that is popular even today.

That is precisely what I said. It was you who claimed they were the first death metal band :shock:

Static-X are metal, heavy metal, hard rock and some songs are considered Death Metal. Take a listen to them.

Btw, black metal sucks.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Wed Nov 23, 05 8:19 pm

Atomsk wrote:Btw, black metal sucks.

You...
You...
INFIDEL.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Wed Nov 23, 05 8:26 pm

~[A]LTKJAY~ wrote:
Atomsk wrote:Btw, black metal sucks.

You...
You...
INFIDEL.

It does. It's trying to make the band look scary, thus food to the media, basically.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Conceited » Wed Nov 23, 05 8:32 pm

no way, Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir are fantastic.
Conceited
Master

Postby payne2themax » Wed Nov 23, 05 8:34 pm

Static-X are metal, heavy metal, hard rock and some songs are considered Death Metal. Take a listen to them.

Btw, black metal sucks.

You didn't address the entire post regarding metallica and slayer....Either an admission that you are wrong, or some kind of rebuttal, please.

I have heard static X before, please direct me to their song(s) which is death metal.

As for black metal sucks...lmao? What, you heard a CoF or dimmu borgir song on the radio and decided that was black metal, and that therefore black metal sucks? Please, prove me wrong and show me you know anything about black, death, or in fact just about any kind of metal. You seem to make ridiculous assertions, and then ignore the responses when you are inevitably proved wrong.

Why isn't Kill 'Em All thrash metal?
Why were Metallica hair rock?
What do you know about black metal? Why does it suck?
What do you know about death metal?
On what song(s) do Static X play death metal?

You see, I am not trying to be an asshole. But really, you make such ignorant comments about subjects on which you appear to know very little, and fail to give any kind of evidence whatsoever. I respect your opinion, however it seems to be based on a very limited musical knowledge. But (once again) I would like to be proved wrong.

Jay, I am not sure if your post was sarcastic or not. Unfortunately sarcasm over the internet is not as clear as it would be in real life. Although I'll state for the record, that I do enjoy black metal (Not the symphonic crap like Dimmu Borgir, though.)
payne2themax
Wannabe

Postby Krieg » Wed Nov 23, 05 8:46 pm

payne2themax wrote:

But really, you make such ignorant comments about subjects

i can make better ones

blink 182 owns all :]
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Wed Nov 23, 05 8:50 pm

Conceited wrote:no way, Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir are fantastic.

I dunno, I just don't like them that much at all. Some CoF songs own, however, and the lead singer Dani is funny as hell xD

No, Metallica's lead singer has long hair, in the 80s, they were hair metal. So they change over time and over time. I admit, some periods they were good, but not today and certainly not in the 80s.

Thrash is a made-up genre. I despise made-up genres by today's metal youth who think they can make up a genre and then cause criticisms such as this one we are having.

That is precisely what I said. It was you who claimed they were the first death metal band

No, no, not at all. They just inspired most metal and a little bit of Death metal today.

I have heard static X before, please direct me to their song(s) which is death metal.

Listen to Push It, Otsegolation and some others in which I am too lazy to point out. The media calls it death metal, don't look at me :(

As for black metal sucks...lmao? What, you heard a CoF or dimmu borgir song on the radio and decided that was black metal, and that therefore black metal sucks? Please, prove me wrong and show me you know anything about black, death, or in fact just about any kind of metal. You seem to make ridiculous assertions, and then ignore the responses when you are inevitably proved wrong.

No, when I didn't listen to Rammy, I liked Cradle of Filth. But then when I took a look at their lyrics and their meanings, I despised that kind of music. And I've never heard of Dimmu Borgir. I know anything about any kind of metal? Death Metal = probot. Dave Grohl owns. Drowning pool is metal. I don't take a listen to Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath too often since most of the people listen to it today, I want to be somewhere different, not your normal metal fan. I am not proved wrong. In fact, metal and rock are just the genres we are talking about. Simpletons like you in music made up other genres like Death Metal, heavy, etc. Those same simpletons think differently of true metal and think their type of music is better than any other.

You see, I am not trying to be an asshole. But really, you make such ignorant comments about subjects on which you appear to know very little, and fail to give any kind of evidence whatsoever. I respect your opinion, however it seems to be based on a very limited musical knowledge. But (once again) I would like to be proved wrong.

Very little? Most people underestimate most bands like Rammstein, Megaherz and Static-X. Because they've heard 2 or 3 songs they think they know all about the band. I am basing my posts on my experience, not because I listen to the bands (some I didn't) but from what I've heard from public affairs.

I don't know if you understand what I said or not, but what I meant was, I'd rather not be that same person that listens to Iron Maiden and then all the common metal today.
Last edited by clyzm on Wed Nov 23, 05 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Alistair » Wed Nov 23, 05 8:54 pm

black metal? twisted transister sargaent :]
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby Conceited » Wed Nov 23, 05 9:30 pm

ahh Tomsk, I'll send you some really good CoF songs :)
Conceited
Master

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 23, 05 9:44 pm

SHADOW. wrote:
payne2themax wrote:

i can make better ones

Ohhhh god it's another Flip!
Bob
Forum God

Postby clyzm » Wed Nov 23, 05 9:47 pm

Bob wrote:
SHADOW. wrote:
payne2themax wrote:

i can make better ones

nein i have the best ignorant comments

FITTY CENT OWNS ALL OF METAL
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 23, 05 9:53 pm

ABC FTW!
Bob
Forum God

Postby clyzm » Wed Nov 23, 05 10:35 pm

Bob wrote:ABC FTW!

NOW HOLD UP

I VOTE BARNEY SONG FTW!
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby payne2themax » Wed Nov 23, 05 11:09 pm

No, Metallica's lead singer has long hair, in the 80s, they were hair metal. So they change over time and over time. I admit, some periods they were good, but not today and certainly not in the 80s.

Uhm, gg syllogism there. Just to clear things up for you, Hair metal consisted of bands such as Motley Crue, Poison, latter day Whitesnake, and Ratt, certainly NOT Metallica. As for your latter comment, how the hell can you say their 90's output (Load/Reload, garage Inc) was better than their 80's material? Have you even heard their 80's material?It seems to me that you comment on music you have never heard!

Thrash is a made-up genre. I despise made-up genres by today's metal youth who think they can make up a genre and then cause criticisms such as this one we are having.

Uhm excuse me? This phrase was coined in the 80's my ignorant friend, not "today's metal youth"

No, no, not at all. They just inspired most metal and a little bit of Death metal today.

Yes, that is what you precisely said.

Led's way toooo gay for my likings. Black Sabbath didn't create metal really, it was Slayer who'd create heavy metal and death metal. When was BS formed?

See, it's right there in bold. Check back to page 3, just in case you don't remember =) Although, I find it hilarious that you deny something you clearly stated just one page ago. Did you really think no one would notice?

Listen to Push It, Otsegolation and some others in which I am too lazy to point out. The media calls it death metal, don't look at me :(

Once again, you clearly stated a few pages back that they had a few death metal songs. The media claims it? How about you try forming some opinions of your own instead of believing everything you read/hear/see.

No, when I didn't listen to Rammy, I liked Cradle of Filth. But then when I took a look at their lyrics and their meanings, I despised that kind of music. And I've never heard of Dimmu Borgir.

So you have heard ONE band which is not even black metal, and now you are qualified to give an opinion on it? Hahaha, please, I hear enough foolish opinions from people who HAVE heard it, how the fuck can you give an opinion on a genre which you have heard barely a single band from? You realise that is the HEIGHT of ignorance?

I don't know anything about any kind of metal? Death Metal = probot.

HAHAHAHA! That means you know something about metal?! Because you think Probot are death metal! Lmao! I admit this is crossing the line from hilarious stupidity into annoying stupidity. Please, if you are going to state a death metal band, at least use a band that had music written by death metal musicians. Yes, the album featured some musicians of former death metal bands, but the music was written by Grohl, and only featured members of other groups. Nice try, though. Even if they were, knowing ONE band does NOT make you qualified to make a statement. I am curious now, why is it you never venture out of your little musical cot? Is it supreme laziness, or are you happy to sit there and take whatever music is given to you?

I don't take a listen to Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath too often since most of the people listen to it today, I want to be somewhere different, not your normal metal fan.

Once again, rofl. You want to be different, so you listen to the most popular bands there are in the genre? How the fuck does it make you "different", by listening to the most common bands there are? Do you even think of using logic before you post?!

Simpletons like you in music made up other genres like Death Metal, heavy, etc. Those same simpletons think differently of true metal and think their type of music is better than any other.

Simpleton? Hows this for simple?

You cannot even remember comments you made a few days ago.
You talk about musical genres which you have no experience of.
You try to classify genres (labelling Metallica "hair metal"), then turn around and accuse other people of doing the same thing.
You then go on to repeatedly criticise other genres (Punk, black metal) for being "gay"
You claim to base your musical opinions off what you are told by the media.

Need I go on?

I am basing my posts on my experience, not because I listen to the bands (some I didn't) but from what I've heard from public affairs.

Well I think that sums you up nicely. Indeed, you seem to know VERY little about any kind of metal. You claim to "hate" genres, and it's not difficult to see why. You fail to grasp any kind of musical concepts, and instead turn to the "media" for your opinions. Public affairs? Please, let's cut the bullshit and have you admit your opinions are pathetic ramblings passed down from what was told to you by whatever shitzines you read or channels you watch.
payne2themax
Wannabe

Postby clyzm » Thu Nov 24, 05 2:10 am

I posted here but it got deleted.

ffs >_>
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Thu Nov 24, 05 4:42 am

Long hair doesn't mean you are hair metal ROFL. Neil Yound had long hair was he hair metal? Static X is not remotly deathor black metal.

Yes, Dimmu Borgir are ok but with their latest release "Progenies of the great Apocalypse" they let themselves down, just like CoF with most of the "Nyphetamine" album. Burn in Hell, is the best song from Dimmu borgir. It's a cover from Twisted Sister, a HAIR METAL band.

If I ever hear that Metallica is Hair metal again from you, I will tie you up and beat you. I have never heard such a stupid thing.

Best Black Metal Band: Behemoth. Does anyone like Children Of Bodom or Kalmah? That shit is awesome.

Just for the record, Static-X are 'Nu-Metal'. These bands like Slipknot, Spineshank and Static X are laughed apon by most of the metal community. Their riff are basic, vocals are one tone and they are simply crap.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 24, 05 5:06 pm

doA wrote:Just for the record... bands like Slipknot... laughed apon by most of the metal community. Their riff are basic, vocals are one tone and they are simply crap.

I'm sorry but Joey is supreme. And I love my drummers.
Bob
Forum God

Postby James » Thu Nov 24, 05 5:36 pm

doA wrote:Does anyone like Children Of Bodom <s>or Kalmah</s>? That poop is awesome.

They're ok. :)

Just for the record<s>, Static-X are 'Nu-Metal'</s>. These bands like Slipknot<s>, Spineshank and Static X</s> are laughed apon by most of the metal community. Their riff are basic, vocals are one tone and they are simply crap.

They are sexellent entertainers!
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Nov 24, 05 5:37 pm

The Monkee's > all
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Thu Nov 24, 05 5:38 pm

Dire Straights > you
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Alistair » Thu Nov 24, 05 5:46 pm

dude. zelda 64 soundtrack owns coheed and hollbeet.
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby Krieg » Thu Nov 24, 05 9:11 pm

Atomsk wrote:
Bob wrote:
SHADOW. wrote:
payne2themax wrote:

i can make better ones

nein i have the best ignorant comments

FITTY CENT OWNS ALL OF METAL

fecker , my boots are gonna walk all over you

jessica simpson is ze best !!!!! and of course the hottest !!!
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Thu Nov 24, 05 10:55 pm

ROfl. Yeah, Dire Straits is t3h shiznit.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby James » Thu Nov 24, 05 11:15 pm

[T]kon wrote:dude. zelda 64 soundtrack owns coheed and hollbeet.

:]
Midi.
:]

edit:

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Thu Nov 24, 05 11:36 pm

doA wrote:Long hair doesn't mean you are hair metal ROFL. Neil Yound had long hair was he hair metal? Static X is not remotly deathor black metal.

Yes, Dimmu Borgir are ok but with their latest release "Progenies of the great Apocalypse" they let themselves down, just like CoF with most of the "Nyphetamine" album. Burn in Hell, is the best song from Dimmu borgir. It's a cover from Twisted Sister, a HAIR METAL band.

If I ever hear that Metallica is Hair metal again from you, I will tie you up and beat you. I have never heard such a stupid thing.

Best Black Metal Band: Behemoth. Does anyone like Children Of Bodom or Kalmah? That poop is awesome.

Just for the record, Static-X are 'Nu-Metal'. These bands like Slipknot, Spineshank and Static X are laughed apon by most of the metal community. Their riff are basic, vocals are one tone and they are simply crap.

God, what's wrong with peoples nowadays. I NEVER SAID STATIC-X WAS BLACK METAL NOR DEATH METAL, goddammit. Metallica is hair metal to me. Keywords: to me. So think what you want.

Best Black Metal Band: Behemoth. Does anyone like Children Of Bodom or Kalmah? That poop is awesome.

WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH OF AN UNDERSTATEMENT. Omg, wayyyyy to much of an understatement.

Just for the record, Static-X are 'Nu-Metal'.

Oh ffs, STATIC-X ARE NOT NU-METAL. THEY ARE HEAVY METAL AND METAL, THAT IS HOW IT SHALL REMAIN FOREVER. NU METAL IS A TOPIC THAT DOESN'T EXIST IN THE NEW WORLD. PLEASE DEAL WITH IT AT YOUR PRIVATE TERMS. That's extremely arrogant to call Static-X "nu-metal". You make me sick.

and Static X are laughed apon by most of the metal community. Their riff are basic, vocals are one tone and they are simply crap.

Ok, cool. Have you ever thought that Static-X has beaten most heavy metal bands such as Dropbox and Mudvayne? Obviously your head is in your ass, that's why you don't understand shite about Static-X. You prolly listen to like one song you hear on Winamp and then immediately say shite about them. You have got to be kidding me, seriously.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Conceited » Thu Nov 24, 05 11:49 pm

Just listening to some Children of Bodom now and they're really good.
Conceited
Master

Postby payne2themax » Fri Nov 25, 05 12:10 am

Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are fun for a few listens, but I would avoid everything after that. It's basically a poor repetition of what preceded it.
payne2themax
Wannabe

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Debates