Metalcore trendies who hate punk and emo

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby payne2themax » Sun Nov 06, 05 11:53 pm

Tomsk, you should always be prepared to take criticism if you enter a musical debate. I've said it before, but feel free to flame any bands I like. You gotta give it and take it, mang.[
payne2themax
Wannabe

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Nov 07, 05 12:01 am

I still think S-Club juniors suck
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby clyzm » Mon Nov 07, 05 12:06 am

payne2themax wrote:Tomsk, you should always be prepared to take criticism if you enter a musical debate. I've said it before, but feel free to flame any bands I like. You gotta give it and take it, mang.[

I took it, but I'm more of a pacifist, not a flamer "OH FUK U DIS BAND OWNS URS LOL".

lol @ emotion.
Oomph! are actually a better band.

You make me sick, you know that? Called me a monster when I insulted emo? You're prolly insulting 90 lives that have been taken, take family members into it, probably about 150 people you're insulting there. Rammstein isn't just a band. They represent the lives taken by the Ramstein accident. So please take into consideration that Rammstein is actually a far better band because they actually represent something. Oomph! sucks, btw.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Mon Nov 07, 05 12:11 am

Just because Rammstein are called Rammstein, doesnt mean they are actually "representing" the incident.
If their music was about the incident, then yes that would make sense
But if there was a band called chernobyl, and they sang heavy rock about drugs, its like saying that chernobyl represent the nuclear weapons problem at Chernobyl.
You have read too deep into the band and what the name meant...its like saying that Limp Bizkit are all about guys who shoot their load onto digestives and eat them!
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Nov 07, 05 12:12 am

Atomsk wrote:You make me sick, you know that? Called me a monster when I insulted emo? You're prolly insulting 90 lives that have been taken, take family members into it, probably about 150 people you're insulting there. Rammstein isn't just a band. They represent the lives taken by the Ramstein accident. So please take into consideration that Rammstein is actually a far better band because they actually represent something. Oomph! sucks, btw.

Limp Bizkit has got nothing to do with the famous homosexual party game "Limp Biscuit", except a name, unless all of Rammsteins songs are about Rammstein, then they arent representing it
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby clyzm » Mon Nov 07, 05 12:16 am

~[A]LTKJAY~ wrote:Just because Rammstein are called Rammstein, doesnt mean they are actually "representing" the incident.
If their music was about the incident, then yes that would make sense
But if there was a band called chernobyl, and they sang heavy rock about drugs, its like saying that chernobyl represent the nuclear weapons problem at Chernobyl.
You have read too deep into the band and what the name meant...its like saying that Limp Bizkit are all about guys who shoot their load onto digestives and eat them!

Rammstein - Rammstein Lyric Tranlsation wrote:Rammstein
Rammstein *
A man is burning
Rammstein
The smell of flesh lies in the air
Rammstein
A child is dying
Rammstein
The sun is shining

Rammstein
A sea of flames
Rammstein
Blood is coagulating on the asphalt
Rammstein
Mothers are screaming
Rammstein
The sun is shining

Rammstein
A mass grave
Rammstein
No escape
Rammstein
No birds are singing anymore
Rammstein
The sun is shining

* Here the word "Rammstein" is written, but the song is actually about the flightshow disaster that happened at the Ramstein Airbase.

Meaning that the first song they wrote was about the disaster. They are very well representing it, just because they don't have all songs about Ramstein disaster doesn't mean they aren't representing it. You don't see Rammstein singing about "I LOVE MARIA MARIA IS MY LOVE", they sing dark music, and that very well represents the darkness of the incident.
Last edited by clyzm on Mon Nov 07, 05 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Mon Nov 07, 05 12:18 am

MUSIC WOMAN.
Not one song.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Mon Nov 07, 05 12:20 am

~[A]LTKJAY~ wrote:MUSIC WOMAN.
Not one song.

Check the edit.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Nov 07, 05 12:21 am

If a band with the same name as an incident was truely representing that incident, but then they went off and sang about something different and probably obscure and vulgar (this is rock we are talking about here, sex, drugs and rock and roll), would that be a pleasent representation, would people from that incident remember that band as being a good thing if it seemed disrespectful
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby clyzm » Mon Nov 07, 05 12:24 am

MrBlack wrote:
Atomsk wrote:You make me sick, you know that? Called me a monster when I insulted emo? You're prolly insulting 90 lives that have been taken, take family members into it, probably about 150 people you're insulting there. Rammstein isn't just a band. They represent the lives taken by the Ramstein accident. So please take into consideration that Rammstein is actually a far better band because they actually represent something. Oomph! sucks, btw.

Limp Bizkit has got nothing to do with the famous homosexual party game "Limp Biscuit", except a name, unless all of Rammsteins songs are about Rammstein, then they arent representing it

That would be a bit boring if you ask me. I don't see every band singing about the same thing. If they represent something in either one song, their style or even their name, then that is good enough for me.

I don't see Rammstein being at all disrespectful.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Alistair » Tue Nov 08, 05 4:10 pm

i wear a blue jacket, white t-shirt and wraglers yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa fagatory to you biatch

rammstein. yeaaaaaaaaa
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby Alistair » Tue Nov 08, 05 4:12 pm

MrBlack wrote:

Its named after his dawg yeaaaaaaaa
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby Alistair » Tue Nov 08, 05 4:19 pm

oh and by the way. S-Club Juniors could rape the clash.
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby Bob » Tue Nov 08, 05 5:32 pm

You're lucky that neither Ben or myself have full admin rights, you're ass would be banned for that statement.
Bob
Forum God

Postby James » Tue Nov 08, 05 6:40 pm

I'm gonna put him on warning, he is being too deliberate with spam.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Krieg » Tue Nov 08, 05 7:49 pm

mir ist kalt und ich habe keine lust , hat jemand ein glas chocolate dabei ?

everyone has its own music taste , some say rammstein is good other say it sucks

what would make this dicussion more interresting would be some guy who comes here and would say that hiphop big nub star 5 cent or kanye west are the best :lol:
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Tue Nov 08, 05 7:50 pm

Kanye West owns.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Tue Nov 08, 05 10:20 pm

~[A]LTKJAY~ wrote:Kanye West owns.

No, da TONY YAYO AND DA G UNIT OWNS U LOLLOLol!
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Alistair » Wed Nov 09, 05 12:14 pm

lol, "metalcore trendie", who do you think i am, a screaming kid in the street "OMG PANTERA, U GOT DAT RECORD BY PANTERA?". nein i say
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby Snakey » Fri Nov 11, 05 11:08 pm

~[A]LTKJAY~ wrote:Limp Bizkit are all about guys who shoot their load onto digestives and eat them!

That's actually what happens, foo'.

AlexDenton wrote:The Stranglers - now they were good.

Oh my god, I <3 teh Stranglers.
I was brought up on them for like, a month

XD at School Man
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Alistair » Mon Nov 14, 05 6:52 pm

LIMP BIZKIT YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Nov 22, 05 3:01 am

Lol, you cannot seriously think that Static X are skilled musicians. Their riff involve like 2 powerchords maybe 3 at max. The Clash have alot on them.

But bands that have it over anyone else are Guns 'N Roses, Black Sabbath and Led Zepplin. G'NR Completely changed the music industrys path from gay hair metal to good solid rock, and in the process made the No.1 selling debut album of all time which is "Appetite for Destruction" selling 21 Million copies. They bought out a bad ass image and some awesome rock combining Blue, Metal, Rock and everything into one.

Black Sabbath made heavy metal, they were playing in a bar and no-one was listening and Ozzy was gettin annoyed. He turned all the guitar amplifiers up full and had to scream to eb heard, half the bar left, half loved it. And thus, heavy metal was invented.

And finally, Led Zepplin, probably the most influential and highly reguarded hard-rock bands of all time. Their style and sound says it all, there'll never be another Led Zepplin.
~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Nov 22, 05 3:05 am

Atomsk wrote:
~[A]LTKJAY~ wrote:Oh god, for fsck sakes.

ROCK MADE METAL
PUNK MADE POLITCALLY BASED MUSIC
ROCK MADE PUNK

What do you do when you mix Punk meanings and Metal?, I fscking THOUGHT SO!

If its about politics, its inspired by fscking PUNK you newbs.

Oh and by the way kids, I hate grunge, which is a offshoot of punk.

then fsck you mister :]

Static-X own you in all ways, try switching to THEIR genre of music and even further beyond, death metal etc

called variety peoples, try it.

btw i did try the clash =] not too shabby, a bit weird though

also to P2TMX: wtf happened to A!b forums?

to bob: beethoven owned bach and mozart. he was the undeniable father of music. without him, you wouldn't have any good music whatsoever.

I have been there, Cradle of Filth, Behemoth, At the Gates. But, I realised its kinda crappy, but if it suits you, you should listen to it. Just not my cup of tea.
~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby clyzm » Tue Nov 22, 05 6:30 am

doA wrote:Lol, you cannot seriously think that Static X are skilled musicians. Their riff involve like 2 powerchords maybe 3 at max. The Clash have alot on them.

But bands that have it over anyone else are Guns 'N Roses, Black Sabbath and Led Zepplin. G'NR Completely changed the music industrys path from gay hair metal to good solid rock, and in the process made the No.1 selling debut album of all time which is "Appetite for Destruction" selling 21 Million copies. They bought out a bad ass image and some awesome rock combining Blue, Metal, Rock and everything into one.

Black Sabbath made heavy metal, they were playing in a bar and no-one was listening and Ozzy was gettin annoyed. He turned all the guitar amplifiers up full and had to scream to eb heard, half the bar left, half loved it. And thus, heavy metal was invented.

And finally, Led Zepplin, probably the most influential and highly reguarded hard-rock bands of all time. Their style and sound says it all, there'll never be another Led Zepplin.

Led's way toooo gay for my likings. Black Sabbath didn't create metal really, it was Slayer who'd create heavy metal and death metal. When was BS formed?

Static-X are very skilled musicians. They combine all sorts of music to make one crisp clean taste, that's why I love them. They make disco, rock, heavy metal and even death metal. The Clash are just a shitty band that made punk rock, which is gay imo.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Tue Nov 22, 05 11:38 am

Atomsk wrote:Black Sabbath didn't create metal really, it was Slayer who'd create heavy metal and death metal. When was BS formed?

:lol:
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Conceited » Tue Nov 22, 05 2:24 pm

I saw Slayer play with Slipknot last year, they werent very good.
Conceited
Master

Postby Bob » Tue Nov 22, 05 5:26 pm

Oh but Dave Lombardo was good right...... RIGHT?!

And pmsl Derek. Black Sabbath were around a good 15 years before Slayer. The Clash are no shitty band, I assure you.

And doA I must add The Who to your list, for they (Keith Moon) named Led Zeppelin. The Who was Led Zep's main influence and of course I feel that they (The Who) had such a large hand in the crafting of the "original" rock image.
Bob
Forum God

Postby MrBlackDX » Tue Nov 22, 05 6:26 pm

Bob wrote:Oh but Dave Lombardo was good right...... RIGHT?!

And pmsl Derek. Black Sabbath were around a good 15 years before Slayer. The Clash are no shitty band, I assure you.

And doA I must add The Who to your list, for they (Keith Moon) named Led Zeppelin. The Who was Led Zep's main influence and of course I feel that they (The Who) had such a large hand in the crafting of the "original" rock image.

yes i would give them that bobbeh

tho the stones/beatles and kinks were the masters of shaping music and influencing either pop or rock
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby payne2themax » Tue Nov 22, 05 8:37 pm

Conceited wrote:I saw Slayer play with Slipknot last year, they werent very good.

Well, you would expect that of a band who made atrocities such as God Hates Us All and Diabolus in Musica. Needless to say, everything from Show No Mercy to South Of Heaven slays, but like most of the 80's thrash bands, they suck balls now. Although (in reference to ATomsk's) comment, they didn't actually invent any form of metal. Possessed's Seven Churches was the first death metal recording, Metallica's Kill Em All the first thrash, and (needless to say) Black Sabbath's S/T was the first heavy metal record.

Not to say Slayer weren't hugely influential. Show no mercy is probably in my top 10 records of all time.
payne2themax
Wannabe

Postby clyzm » Tue Nov 22, 05 10:31 pm

~[A]LTKJAY~ wrote:
Atomsk wrote:Black Sabbath didn't create metal really, it was Slayer who'd create heavy metal and death metal. When was BS formed?

Haha, I've seen bands from 1950s create hard rock. So it can't be Black Sabbath who'd create heavy metal. I assure you that.

I saw Slayer play with Slipknot last year, they werent very good.

They rule because alls theys talks about is blood, death and hell! =D

Slayer owns anyways. Any punk rock band (exception: refused) are not in my likings. I rest my case (see top post)

Well, you would expect that of a band who made atrocities such as God Hates Us All and Diabolus in Musica. Needless to say, everything from Show No Mercy to South Of Heaven slays, but like most of the 80's thrash bands, they suck balls now. Although (in reference to ATomsk's) comment, they didn't actually invent any form of metal. Possessed's Seven Churches was the first death metal recording, Metallica's Kill Em All the first thrash, and (needless to say) Black Sabbath's S/T was the first heavy metal record.

Actually, Metallica was a hair metal band back then. Slayer actually didn't make that kind of metal, but they influenced and made the metal that is popular even today.
clyzm
Forum Master God

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Debates