A lesson for all... (yes it involves alcohol)

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

A lesson for all... (yes it involves alcohol)

Postby Chococat » Wed Jul 26, 06 1:06 pm

Ok, do NOT mix anti-biotics with vodka. Its a veeerrrryy bad combination.

Last week at the dentist for wisdom toothyness:
Dentist man: "Hmm well you'll need some antibiotics for your gums and come back next week for a filling and if the pain for your wisdom tooth doesn't go away I'll have to take it out"
Choco: "Uhh ok"
Dentist: "Oh, and don't take alcohol when you're on anti-biotics because you'll end up very sick."
Choco: "Uhh ok" (but inside I'm thinking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

One week later, the anti-bs was only a 4 day course and I finished takin 'em on Sunday, so naturally I think "Well, I finished 'em 2 days ago and if I don't mix my drinks I'll be alright for the dentist the morning after."

WRONG

I had my usual 1/2 a bottle of vodka pre-night drink, and then while I was out I was on DVRB all night til 1am, got slaughtered off of the anti-b effect, I have no recollection of getting back to Rob's (apparently we walked), and then when I woke up at 7am this morning I ended up throwing up 9 times on his front garden ROFL and err fainting a bit from dehydration.
Then to make things worse, I have to get the ultimate bumpy sweaty bus ride into town, trek through town and go to the dentists >: (

At the dentists:

Dentist's assistant looks at me (clearly I looked a state), and she asks "Eermm, have you eaten today?" and I replied with "Nope.. I was very..very..sick.."
And then I had to be restrained coz I was petrified of havin dentist man stabbing me with his stupid pokey pointy metal things and needles and at the end (which seemed like a lifetime but it was only like 10 minutes) he was like "Emma, you should see a doctor for your needle phobia ¬_¬"

So seriously kids, don't mix alcohol with drugs :wink: :wink: :wink:
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Krieg » Wed Jul 26, 06 1:17 pm

i did , beer and weed , felt nothing , but thats because i got a food kick so i stuffed myself with chips and some delicious nuts with may be the cause why i didn't trow up since the effect of the alcohol and weed is minimal when you also eat

9 times trowing up ... wow , that must have been hell , after drinking a half bottle of killerpitch ( some alcohol with some verbs in it ) i trow up 3 times and stayed on the toilet untill 3 am lol
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby Chococat » Wed Jul 26, 06 1:21 pm

Shadow//- wrote:9 times trowing up ... wow , that must have been hell

I've done worse. About 2 months ago the day my Dad kicked me out the house I got so hammered I was throwing up at my mate's house for 5 hours. :? :? :?
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Krieg » Wed Jul 26, 06 1:33 pm

i experienced something fantastic , i needed to trow up while i actually didn't ate something out of date , drunk no alcohol , smoked no weed , it was the day after i got to our vacation house , everytime i got out of my bed and walked i needed to trow up lol , and what was the cause of it , ffs it was all because of me gaming with my gameboy advance in the car 6 hours the day before lol

it does suck when you need to trow up at a friends house , i remember at a party a friend trow up so much and the one that orginised the party was cleaning and cleaning , i couldn't stop laughing and so did the one who trow up the day after it lol
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~Confused~ » Wed Jul 26, 06 1:50 pm

Shadow//- wrote:i did , beer and weed , felt nothing , but thats because i got a food kick so i stuffed myself with chips and some delicious nuts with may be the cause why i didn't trow up since the effect of the alcohol and weed is minimal when you also eat

9 times trowing up ... wow , that must have been hell , after drinking a half bottle of killerpitch ( some alcohol with some verbs in it ) i trow up 3 times and stayed on the toilet untill 3 am lol

You did beer AND WEED !! wow dude thats major >_> weed is hardly harmful, the shit never did shit to me, weed addiction is almost impossible to me. Getting drunk rocks, until someone mentions the Marines then i get all wacko and start crying and playing freebird which combined with drinking is a pathetic combination.
~Confused~
Addict

Postby Bobo. » Wed Jul 26, 06 2:48 pm

Last weekend was fcked for me too, I was at home and got in a fight right at dinner time, I basicly left without eating anything, went to some people I knew, drank quite a bit, then went to the pub with a girl half wasted, stayed there till about three, then had to go and cycle for about 10 miles which took me more then 2,5 hours lol.

Don't drink on an empty stomach, I thought I'd be able to handle it, but I ended up puking my whole stomach empty that night.
Bobo.
Forum Hero

Postby C:Enter:£££ » Wed Jul 26, 06 3:07 pm

LMAO driving in circles were you? ¬___¬!!!

Good job I didn't get pissed then when I broke my arm lol
C:Enter:£££
Forum Legend

Postby Krieg » Wed Jul 26, 06 3:24 pm

¤[À]ÐÁÑÀ¤ wrote:
Don't drink on an empty stomach, I thought I'd be able to handle it, but I ended up puking my whole stomach empty that night.

beginner :P
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby Killa » Wed Jul 26, 06 3:53 pm

Chococat wrote:
Shadow//- wrote:9 times trowing up ... wow , that must have been hell

I've done worse. About 2 months ago the day my Dad kicked me out the house I got so hammered I was throwing up at my mate's house for 5 hours. :? :? :?

careful girl ur gonna end up killin urself....me and some friends went into the darkroom in photo class at school and we got half a bottle of barcardi raz and mixed it with a half of bottle of this other stuff and it was like 198 proof and this girl that was with us hammerd down a half a bottle and we didnt know she was a lightweight a drinking 10 minutes later me and i friend we holding her hand down the hall cuz she couldnt walk..she threw up 10 times and passed out twice...didnt remember anything..i told her we called her boss and got her off work and she still went to work lol
Killa
Wannabe

Postby Conceited » Wed Jul 26, 06 4:20 pm

the last few times I've been drunk, I've usually also smoked weed at the same time. All seems fine at first but as the night went on, I was almost whiteying (which never happens to me without alcohol, as I tend to smoke alot) and I passed out at around 4am.

So yah, not a good idea to mix.
Conceited
Master

Postby xProtocol Rain » Wed Jul 26, 06 7:21 pm

I rarely drink, in my opinion mixing liquer with drugs is just stupid anyway.
xProtocol Rain
Death and Destruction

Postby Alistair » Wed Jul 26, 06 7:22 pm

I did it once, I felt the strain on my heart, scared me.
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby DarkKnight » Wed Jul 26, 06 9:59 pm

Konami wrote:I did it once, I felt the strain on my heart, scared me.

I'd advise you get that checked.

Seriously.
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~Confused~ » Wed Jul 26, 06 10:02 pm

DarkKnight wrote:

Seriously.

i have a better idea, lets watch... 8)
~Confused~
Addict

Postby DarkKnight » Wed Jul 26, 06 10:04 pm

~Confused~ wrote:
DarkKnight wrote:

Seriously.

i have a better idea, lets watch... 8)

Don't be a fuck tard.

Booze thins the blood making the heart work harder to pump the blood, if drinking puts a strain on his heart, it is not something to joke about.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Krieg » Wed Jul 26, 06 10:18 pm

it should effect his brains more , dry brains , totally dry , and a liver full of scars
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby DarkKnight » Wed Jul 26, 06 10:22 pm

Shadow//- wrote:it should effect his brains more , dry brains , totally dry , and a liver full of scars

Blood thinning increases the chance of bleeding strokes.

http://library.umsmed.edu/pe-db/pe-hemorrhagic_.htm

A bleeding (hemorrhagic) stroke occurs when an artery within the skull ruptures. In order to understand how bleeding strokes affect the brain, one must understand the relationship between the skull and the brain. The hard skull is needed to protect the soft brain from trauma. The brain, however, can also suffer trauma if it hits the inside of the skull. This is why the brain floats in a liquid that acts as a padding. This liquid is called the cerebrospinal fluid.

Brain damage due to hemorrhagic strokes primarily occurs because the brain is enclosed within the skull. Sudden bleeding within the skull results in increased pressure on the brain because there is no place for the brain to swell. There are two main types of hemorrhagic stroke: intracerebral hemorrhage and subarachnoid hemorrhage.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Krieg » Wed Jul 26, 06 10:50 pm

its 23.50 pm , can't read it all , but i assume it means that a little wound could kill him since he will just bleed to death by that little wound ?
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby DarkKnight » Wed Jul 26, 06 10:52 pm

Shadow//- wrote:its 23.50 pm , can't read it all , but i assume it means that a little wound could kill him since he will just bleed to death by that little wound ?

No, it means that he could have a stroke if he drinks too much, which could leave him paralyzed, or dead.

It could have been the drugs, but he should get it checked anyways.

Edit: I might point out that heavy drinkers, even the one night stonkers, have nearly twice the chance of having a stroke. And if you've got a family history of strokes, the chance goes up more so.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~Confused~ » Wed Jul 26, 06 11:07 pm

Well this has been a truly educational moment, TEQUILA!!!
~Confused~
Addict

Postby Bob » Thu Jul 27, 06 2:09 am

One night about 5 months ago now I was on painkillers for a football injury and was called upon to 'wet the baby's head.' (I'm assuming you all know what this means of course.) Bob being Bob naturally obliged and went out, had maybe 4, 5 pints. I thought I would be good.

I can not recall that night whatsoever and the next morning I woke up in a puddle of my own puke, luckily I had not chocked on my vomit.

Listen to the woman kids, she tells the truth.
Bob
Forum God

Postby ~Confused~ » Thu Jul 27, 06 4:32 am

LOL high five for Bobbay!
~Confused~
Addict

Postby kBo » Thu Jul 27, 06 4:39 am

~Confused~ wrote:You did beer AND WEED !! wow dude thats major >_>

It's called getting crunk... happens a lot at parties.
"Phreaking doesn't exist. It's an abstract concept that is blindly supported by the collective consciousness of a flakey subculture. You saw nothing."
kBo
Master

Postby clyzm » Thu Jul 27, 06 4:49 am

I was at the doctor's one time, and I got nearly positive for leukemia, but instead of positive, the doc told me I got a "half negative" because he wasn't sure what to say, so he gave me some drugs and told me to take em twice a day and for three weeks, then he'll see the result. Oh, during every day, I couldn't drink any alcohol or smoke any Mary J :( So anyways, it was about midnight or something this one day, I took my bidaily pills, and I was reeally thirsty. We ran out of Pepsi and Dr. P, the only thing that was left were a case of Boston Lager. I was damn near thirsty, so I took the pill and gulped it down with the Lager..... baad decision. I went to sleep thereafter.

Baaaad decision.

I woke up at 4:30 or something, I couldn't remember, but as soon as I woke up, I threw up on the carpet, on the bed, near at the computer and on the carpet again. The vomit was a blackish yellow color, and smelled AWFUL. I took some aspirin and went to sleep on the living room couch, woke up at 6:50 and threw up another 2-3 times, and afterwards was so nauseous that I slept in a pool of disgusting vomit on the couch.

Woke up at noon, everyone in the house was having a fit, but I was so fucking nauseous I didn't even care.

Afterwards, I went to the doctor's again, he said that I got a total negative on the test after the pills, and told me "you shouldn't mix the medicine with the alcohol". I learned my lesson.

Emma's right, folks, medicine and alcohol do NOT mix, it's like mixing water with electricity :(
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Chococat » Thu Jul 27, 06 11:48 am

Hehe, seems like quite a few of us have made the mistake, I'll definitely try not to do it again.
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby clyzm » Thu Jul 27, 06 12:45 pm

Chococat wrote:Hehe, seems like quite a few of us have made the mistake, I'll definitely try not to do it again.

I'll remember that medicine is better gulped down with water :(
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Jul 27, 06 12:53 pm

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:
Chococat wrote:Hehe, seems like quite a few of us have made the mistake, I'll definitely try not to do it again.

I'll remember that medicine is better gulped down with water :(

Correction. A spoonful of sugar. Wooo for Mary Poppins :]
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Big Daddy » Thu Jul 27, 06 1:44 pm

Well, look at it this way, at least you had to be restrained which shows you were really didn't like the shit they put into you through the pokey-pokey job.
A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper, asked. "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Sig by Protocol but I did help.....I gave him the render if that counts as something.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Re: A lesson for all... (yes it involves alcohol)

Postby Allan » Thu Jul 27, 06 2:13 pm

Chococat wrote:...you should see a doctor for your needle phobia ¬_¬...
I have that same problem =O
Although, I hate needles because some nurse-practitioner bitch was trying to determine my blood type by draining blood out of my foot while I was 10 months old. She couldn't get any blood, so she kept stabbing it... It wasn't pretty, and I was screaming like a pig/rat(Take your pick, it was a bit of both). Anyways, I'm left petrified of sharp, pointy objects that I have no means of control over. What can a doctor do about that ... :?:
Allan
Alpha

Postby Big Daddy » Thu Jul 27, 06 2:25 pm

Psychiatrists, helped me with my phobia of water but that needle thing was a one-off disaster.
A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper, asked. "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Sig by Protocol but I did help.....I gave him the render if that counts as something.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Next

Return to Rants & Debates