Read.

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Read.

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Fri Dec 01, 06 12:42 pm

This community, once thriving is now is now reduced to a nothing more than a big argument, it doesn't seem to be about a game anymore, it's more about your egos, t's like a fucking debate twenty four hours a day, 7 days a week. It's fucked, and you know? It's because of many of you.

Why am I telling you this? I'm not perfect, I've givin' alot of shit in my earlier days too, and I have deserved alot. But I didn't see the problem, now and do, not only the problem, but the source. Once the source is corrected, so is the problem.

The respect subject:

No oldies around here get any respect. I was actually the first member of this clan, even though it only lasted 2 weeks, its still fucking history. I have been playing like 5 years, as with others here. Yet none of us get a fucking flag of respect.

This community is fucked. I'm sick of bitching about it. I've had my internet back for like a week and half now and have played 2 games of Deus and found them both so mind numbingly boring mainly because of the fucking new people that over exaggerate their time spent in the game, thier attitudes and arrogance.

What the fuck is wrong with most of you?

All their ever is on this forum is flaming. I'm not flaming, I am simply addressing the matters at hand because most of this community is too arrogant and blind to be able to address them. It's almost like most of you fuckers get so bullied on at school that you come back here and release your negativity on the Deus Ex community.

It's utter bullshit.

There's many good people here, ones that bring out mods for your entertainment, ones that host servers too keep this communitys pitafull hardbeat steady, the ones that host this forum that you all love to flame on or about or just the ones that exert a positive attitude in the game.

Yet, if people try do something for you, you bitch about it mods, HDTP for example, they are trying doing you a favour, you be polite about them, if you don't like it, you shut your mouth, if you like it, you compliment it. You may use that awful phrase 'freedom of speech' when it comes to these matters, but, fuck it, respect is much better once earnt.

Or when I go on Deus Ex, I've never gone looking for a fight, but somehow they all seem to come to me, I just wanna chill and fucking play but I've got some fuck up telling me how fucking stupid I am for a decision I made in 2003. That is the kind of crap thats made this community what it is today from what it was in 2002, there would be many more people here if it wasn't for some of your big mouths.

Learn about it, how to earn and how to give it. Maybe it might come to you.

And if you dont like what I've just said, shut your mouth; see if you can earn some respect for once in your pitiful existance in this community.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby C:Enter:£££ » Fri Dec 01, 06 1:40 pm

Fuckin' A. I started playing DX again but only with people I used to play with years ago, can't stand them newer people. Now I can't even play the game.
C:Enter:£££
Forum Legend

Postby clyzm » Fri Dec 01, 06 2:28 pm

I'm a modder, and HDTP's a mod. Therefore I deserve to give at least some form of criticism about it. See I can't tell you shit about binds, how to play, screenshots and demorecs, but I can tell you shit about mods and why I criticize them. It's not that I don't like HDTP, it's just that I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Maybe when they get more weapons I'll take a closer look, but as of now my opinion remains.

Plus, being here for 4 years doesn't make me much of a noob.

I know you're not naming names, but you gave it away extremely easily that this was probably about someone who debates, someone who criticized HDTP. That immediately puts me in the category.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Cereal » Fri Dec 01, 06 3:20 pm

A lot of people in this community don't seem to like me because of the things I say, but everything I say outside of my sarcastic remarks I say for a reason.

I'll show respect to anyone who I feel deserves it. Most guys think because they've played the game for a long time they deserve respect, but that doesn't work for me. There are a lot of "oldies" as you put it who I've seen show no respect to anyone but themselves.

It's easier to respect the modders and mappers, though, as they actually TRY to contribute something to this dying game other than "lol u suk noob".

I said I respect people who I think deserve it, I would expect the same from anyone else. I don't want to be treated nicely just because of some delusional ideals that their dear old ma set into their head that everything should be candy-coated. I'd like people to be honest with me. If they fucking hate me I'd love for them to say it. If they like me, then that's nice too. Either way I want something real.

There are ways to show the negative side without fighting and flaming, though, and that's where I agree with you. When I play a game I play it to have fun. That's what it was meant for. If I wanted to fight with you I'd do it on a messenger, in an email, or (if I knew you) in real life. So fuck off and let me have my fun. This became such a problem at the end of my stay in DX I could rarely get a game in without an argument unless I aliased.

As for this :
And if you dont like what I've just said, shut your mouth; see if you can earn some respect for once in your pitiful existance in this community.

Aha. Is that supposed to earn YOU respect?
What?
Cereal
Regular

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Fri Dec 01, 06 3:31 pm

cactus-clyzm wrote:I'm a modder, and HDTP's a mod. Therefore I deserve to give at least some form of criticism about it. See I can't tell you shit about binds, how to play, screenshots and demorecs, but I can tell you shit about mods and why I criticize them. It's not that I don't like HDTP, it's just that I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Maybe when they get more weapons I'll take a closer look, but as of now my opinion remains.

Plus, being here for 4 years doesn't make me much of a noob.

I know you're not naming names, but you gave it away extremely easily that this was probably about someone who debates, someone who criticized HDTP. That immediately puts me in the category.

That just really a generalisation. I didn't actually think of anyone particular when I wrote that, I like you. I reckon your not a bad guy. But yes, you being a modder does give you the right criticize the work, but constructively.

And yes Cereal, but that was too the 'omg n00b u suk' kind of people. Obviously the type who dont agree with what I said. That bit maybe shouldn't have been in there.

However, it's sad but I believe the good few in this community are a mere minority. Just trying to make people realise so maybe, yet I somewhat doubt it, because for many of you this will go in one ear and out the other. But, we could make the good few a majority.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Fri Dec 01, 06 3:38 pm

Cereal wrote:A lot of people in this community don't seem to like me because of the things I say, but everything I say outside of my sarcastic remarks I say for a reason.

Cereal wrote:Aha. Is that supposed to earn YOU respect?

Yeah, and it's quite true what you do say. People don't like it because you pick them apart. You make people look like idiots, just like when you quoted me above.

I don't mind, because you were right, and I admit that.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Cereal » Fri Dec 01, 06 4:14 pm

Don't take it wrong, I didn't mean it as anything personal against you. I wasn't trying to pick you apart. I thought your post made sense up until that point.

It doesn't change what either of us have said.

This:
However, it's sad but I believe the good few in this community are a mere minority. Just trying to make people realise so maybe, yet I somewhat doubt it, because for many of you this will go in one ear and out the other. But, we could make the good few a majority.

I agree with 100%.
What?
Cereal
Regular

Postby clyzm » Fri Dec 01, 06 4:15 pm

We need more people like Hybrid.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Siva » Fri Dec 01, 06 4:48 pm

cactus-clyzm wrote:We need more people like Hybrid.

No. we don't.

Causes too much conflict. You can't have 700,000 ripples in a pond. It just doesn't fit well.

O AND I HAVE BEEN PLAYIN DXMP FOR 8 YEARS.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby clyzm » Fri Dec 01, 06 4:50 pm

XII//:Prod1gy wrote:

No. we don't.

Causes too much conflict. You can't have 700,000 ripples in a pond. It just doesn't fit well.

DX didn't come out in 1998.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Maloh » Fri Dec 01, 06 5:27 pm

i dont think its very healthy to expect respect from other ppl based on how long yuv played a online video game,aside from the basic lvl of respect you would expect from anyone.i too have played dxmp since its release,but i dont feel that new players "owe" me anything for that..i played dx because i enjoyed it ,it was somthing i did to take a break from from all the work i was doing in real life,now i head my dep. at work ,and raise a family ,i get much respect for that and i appreciate it cuz it took alot of sacrifes to make work. basically i think real respect is earned,,it comes with making sacrifices for the good of others,playing a video game is no sacrifice,its an indulgence..i wish we could all just play again and have fun
Maloh

Postby ynnaD » Fri Dec 01, 06 8:35 pm

I been playing DX for 5 years also
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Siva » Fri Dec 01, 06 10:44 pm

cactus-clyzm wrote:
XII//:Prod1gy wrote:

No. we don't.

DX didn't come out in 1998.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well through the internet.
//..
Siva

Postby Krieg » Fri Dec 01, 06 10:55 pm

I run into that over and over again , can't help it people don't understand this sarcastic asshole :lol:
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Fri Dec 01, 06 11:32 pm

Smash Your Enemies wrote:I run into that over and over again , can't help it people don't understand this sarcastic asshole :lol:

And people can't understand what the fuck you're saying, go learn some grammar.

Oh yeah, ever thought that maybe not every post needs a :lol: at the end? Or was that too much for you?

You act more of an asshole than I do. And i quote:

teh wee dumbass spaz wrote:go figure.

Oh was that sarcastic? Too bad. I could've thought it was serious, what with the blatant idiocy and all.
Last edited by clyzm on Fri Dec 01, 06 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Siva » Fri Dec 01, 06 11:36 pm

cactus-clyzm wrote:
Smash Your Enemies wrote:I run into that over and over again , can't help it people don't understand this sarcastic asshole :lol:

And people can't understand what the fuck you're saying, go learn some grammar.

Oh was that sarcastic? Too bad. I could've thought it was serious, what with the blatant idiocy and all.

Righteo then.
//..
Siva

Postby clyzm » Fri Dec 01, 06 11:38 pm

I've had it with impudent retards like Smash your Enemies. They get on my nerve every damn time.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Siva » Fri Dec 01, 06 11:53 pm

Is that goddard or klop?
//..
Siva

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Sat Dec 02, 06 1:55 am

You're right, you don't want everyone like me. I can be an asshole, but lately I've been containing it. I can bena good, and thats the side I'm choosing to show.

Why respect people that have been playing for longer than you? Simple. It works the same as in real life, always respect someone who is older. Simplistic yet so hard for some.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Conceited » Sat Dec 02, 06 2:05 am

To be honest with you, respect in this gaming situation means jack shit. Fuck all. You'd get the same 'respect' if you ate your own shite. Now, this whole server shit has gone far enough and I haven't even been in the game to see how it's affected the community. On this forum, all I see is 'we listen to thrash rock punk grind wank mash music' or 'ipods suck!'..or this incessant 'DEJ IS A NUB' bollocks which, in all honesty, I can do without reading.

Now, people who crave respect in games need to get out more. Compare yourselves to a 13 year old boy who's stuck in Amsterdam trying to overcome his WoW addiction, costing his parents £16000 a year for him to attend because 'he got bullied in school, developed an inferiority complex, and so played WoW gaining respect from other players. Jesus, grow up.

Hats off to Maloh, the greatest respect comes from getting somewhere in life, albeit school or raising a family. But hey, I have no respect for anyone but the people close to me and my girlfriend, I cannot show respect to people who I have never met but I play a game with.

Anyway, point is, I don't post much, and people think I have an 'attitude', but I just cannot read much more of this constant bitching from most of you fucknuts. It also bothers me that you're probably sat at home, away from the computer, thinking about the situation the community is in and saying 'lol' in the middle of sentences. You do my fruit.

End of. Thanks.
Conceited
Master

Postby Siva » Sat Dec 02, 06 2:19 am

So, if you haven't seen them physically, or touched them, you don't have to respect them? Its that mentality that breeds stupid people.

Thats as dumb as saying "I don't know the person in this house, so I will break their windows."

If you came in here just to try and prove that your smarter and better than everyone else, then you need to check yourself and get the hell out. Putting "End of, Thanks" At the end of your sentence doesn't make you the "bigger man". It makes you the retard that had to attempt to put everyone in their place over the internet. Maybe YOUR the one saying lol in the middle of sentences.
//..
Siva

Postby Conceited » Sat Dec 02, 06 2:21 am

I've broken a good number of windows in my time.

You obviously don't understand. What I am saying is that craving respect from people you're never going to meet or see is pointless and you lot should quit bitching, go out, and get a fucking life.
I can assure you that before I said LOL in my sentences, I would take my own life. You see, I'm not an idiot, I'm trying to explain that you fuckups are doing nothing but be immature little dick traps.

Clearer?
Conceited
Master

Postby Siva » Sat Dec 02, 06 2:24 am

Conceited wrote:I've broken a good number of windows in my time.

Not a good way to start a redeeming post.

Conceited wrote:You obviously don't understand. What I am saying is that craving respect from people you're never going to meet or see is pointless and you lot should quit bitching, go out, and get a fucking life.

We're not "craving respect", Hybrid was simply saying, he has more experience than you. He was here first. You can't just appear out of no-where and think everyone is underneath you. It doesn't work that way on the internet, and it doesn't work that way in Real life.

People that play games online aren't bots. they are PEOPLE. Why shouldn't we be respected if we still have two eyes, a brain and a nose? (Don't start about deformed people you get my drift -_-).
//..
Siva

Postby James » Sat Dec 02, 06 2:31 am

tbh Tom you're being a -tad- bit mean even if what you're posting makes sense and you have a point.
Its just stereotyping everyone though, people said they've lost money, work and worried about the future of the already decaying community. I admit despite how much I say I don't care and find this funny, that I am very attached to this place and some of its people who we wasted 3 years of our lifes with.

However: I believe that the most childish people are the 'grown-up' elites. Thye dont even post on this forum but are apparently in charge of this game and dictate how to play correct. - I mean seriously, age + life plz?
Uni's super socialness is getting to you hahaha

RESPECT doesnt exist online. You just play for fun and I completely -don't- believe in serious gaming, even if professional.
Last edited by James on Sat Dec 02, 06 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Conceited » Sat Dec 02, 06 2:32 am

-whoops, you crept in there Jay, this one was for Prodigy.-
Do you see how you proved my point?

'Not a good way to open a post'
Who gives a flying fuck? Not me. I didn't come on here trying to put people in their place you snot nosed cunt, I have been visiting often, observing what has been going on and to be honest...not alot. But I can see that none of you are benefitting from this and try to argue the toss. I was saying that posting a topic about wanting 'respect' was a pointless scenario:

'I've been here longer...so basically you're all going to suck my length.' Just doesn't do it for me. You see? You know the difference between you and I? I've been here and done all this in the past 5 or 6 years and I'm afraid to say there's no point in bothering with 'respect' as it all gets thrown back in your face. You're how old? 12? 13? You'll see.

Eventually you'll see my ideal.
Conceited
Master

Postby Siva » Sat Dec 02, 06 2:35 am

Conceited wrote:-whoops, you crept in there Jay, this one was for Prodigy.-
Do you see how you proved my point?

'Not a good way to open a post'
Who gives a flying fuck? Not me. I didn't come on here trying to put people in their place you snot nosed cunt, I have been visiting often, observing what has been going on and to be honest...not alot. But I can see that none of you are benefitting from this and try to argue the toss. I was saying that posting a topic about wanting 'respect' was a pointless scenario:

'I've been here longer...so basically you're all going to suck my length.' Just doesn't do it for me. You see? You know the difference between you and I? I've been here and done all this in the past 5 or 6 years and I'm afraid to say there's no point in bothering with 'respect' as it all gets thrown back in your face. You're how old? 12? 13? You'll see.

Eventually you'll see my ideal.

There is no positive or pseudo-positive way to respond to that. gg.
//..
Siva

Postby Conceited » Sat Dec 02, 06 2:36 am

Oh, okay.
Conceited
Master

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Sat Dec 02, 06 3:05 am

Here, we go again. I don't think I deserve all that much respect. But some people here do. I'm not trying to start an argument. But how can you not respect someone who spends his money hosting a server for the community, hosting forums like these costs money too, or just a modder who puts his own time into the benefit of others, tell me why you can't respect him?

Because you have never met him? I say with alot of confidence you have respect for your prime minister, favorite football player etc. You've never met him, yet you respect him for the entertainment he gives or things he does for you and your country.

This is the same thing on a much lower plateau.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby clyzm » Sat Dec 02, 06 3:32 am

And what's funny, the editors, especially the ones that actually help the game get zero respect from the cocky auggers from Triad. They call [A] forum shit and full of 0 augs, yet we're always the ones that fix DX when Deja from Triad fucks it up. People like me made the game's models. And they say "modellers suck ass they do shit for dxmp community". You need us, auggers. Otherwise your game would just be a 2d piece of shit. You wouldn't have weapons, grenades, even your player meshes without us.

And yet, people like Grim and Spaz keep telling us to get off our asses and start playing. Talk about disrespect.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Maloh » Sat Dec 02, 06 4:19 am

i really wasnt trying to offend ...its just that i keep hearing the work respect being thrown around alot in these forums since this server crashing thing,ppl waiting for or expecting respect from other players...i was mearly trying to say that in my experience "respect" is alot like love,its something u just cant ask for,or expect from somone.when ppl appreciate what u do they will respect u for it,its a cause and effect kinda thing. once again i apologize if i offended,iv just been pissy since my favorite server has been down ..
Maloh

Next

Return to Rants & Debates