project- A whole new inerface for dx and mooding

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

project- A whole new inerface for dx and mooding

Postby Imperial » Thu May 04, 06 8:54 pm

O.K. I shall eleaborate. The project, I approached you about, is a very interesting concept, not yet seen in dx. It is new and bright. I will tell yuo it ivolves a lot of coding modding and making skins, please reply, and just give it a chance. I will only post the post giving you an idea what I am talking about if someone replies. It is a big project, and I'm taliking dx:rpg, bigger than that, but it is completely new. Tell me, how big is dx:RPG, compare a map with it.
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Re: project- A whole new inerface for dx and mooding

Postby Alex » Thu May 04, 06 8:55 pm

(Council)Imperial wrote:O.K. I shall eleaborate. The project, I approached you about, is a very interesting concept, not yet seen in dx. It is new and bright. I will tell yuo it ivolves a lot of coding modding and making skins, please reply, and just give it a chance. I will only post the post giving you an idea what I am talking about if someone replies. It is a big project, and I'm taliking dx:rpg, bigger than that, but it is completely new. Tell me, how big is dx:RPG, compare a map with it.

DX: RPG has multiple maps. DXRGP_SPCity is 5x DXMP_Area51Bunker?
Alex
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Thu May 04, 06 8:58 pm

Aha, now we are getting somewhere. O.k that gives me a rough estimate.
I am not sure if this is possible, but, here it goes, X10 times the size of area 51 bunker, if not more. If there is a loading function I am sure this can be achieved. This is just the mapping. The modding, and coding, is a whole different scale, which is big as well.
So interested, want me to go on?

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Thu May 04, 06 9:18 pm

Not possible. But ok. Go on.
Alex
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Thu May 04, 06 9:27 pm

I would join, but I have a rule about joining a mod that I won't actually be working in.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Imperial » Thu May 04, 06 10:35 pm

O.K, not my post, not my idea, and I am making this clear right here right now. This is not my idea, but one which was posted on my website.
It was jsut sitting there, in suggestion forums, and somebody brought forward this great idea. I am not taking credit for this idea, just trying to get it started. Once I know the poster of this idea, (as he posted as guest) I will identify him, and as said before, this is not my idea, and I take no credit for it, I just want to help the idea off its feet. Here is what this project is based on:

View previous topic :: View next topic

Posted: 22 Mar 2006 09:15 pm Post subject: RPG World

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be honest, I came too this clan too help turn it into a RPG City "Expander", for an idea i have come up with about Server Provinces. I did not lie before but i did not mention my full intentions. I wish for your clan too prosper into something great and more than just an army, but a civilization. By doing this you could start a shockwave of more provinces, turning DX into more than just RPGs and BattleFields, but a new world. Cultures, Racism, Customs, Holidays, Inventions will be made from this upcoming. You must understand what power you can harness from this. Wars will break out, servers will be conquered, and people will be organized. People haven't ever seen something like this of course not, so that meens it will be just as popular as RPG was.

think about it

I find this concept interesting, any views?

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Thu May 04, 06 10:42 pm

I find it being a dream.
Dae
Alpha

Postby DarkKnight » Thu May 04, 06 11:13 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:I find it being a dream.

It wouldn't actucally be that hard.

Example of how I'd do it;

1) Create the Dx 'world'. <-- Aka, 1 - 2 GB worth of maps. (Un-zipped)

2) Create an extension of the DXMP code. Allow a conquest type activity to insue.(As in, kill people to add to your points, the higher the other persons kills, the more it counts. The higher your kills, the less it counts. Tally the points, side with the highest points 'claims' the server.)

3) Edit the online viewer to show a new game type.

The only snag would be the interloability. You'd need to setup a server-swap function that could allow for you to enter "[A] town", and be put strait through to the server, "[A] - Town" from the server "Centre town", for example.

You would also need replication for all the people in the different maps. This could be done by making each server host a small area outside it's own, with a central 'neutral' server, unable to be taken, that would hold all of the players stats and use SSL type encryption using certs to insure lack of haxing. (use 1024bit encryption and setup a single body of management for the "centre" server.)

I'm not saying it wouldn't take a few years, but it could be done. However it'd probly be better to download the Quake source and hack away at that instead.
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby VodunLoas » Fri May 05, 06 12:26 am

Teleports can already take you to other servers for dxmp.
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Fri May 05, 06 8:38 am

So anyone interested?

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Fri May 05, 06 9:11 am

DarkKnight wrote:
~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:I find it being a dream.

It wouldn't actucally be that hard.

Example of how I'd do it;

1) Create the Dx 'world'. <-- Aka, 1 - 2 GB worth of maps. (Un-zipped)

2) Create an extension of the DXMP code. Allow a conquest type activity to insue.(As in, kill people to add to your points, the higher the other persons kills, the more it counts. The higher your kills, the less it counts. Tally the points, side with the highest points 'claims' the server.)

3) Edit the online viewer to show a new game type.

The only snag would be the interloability. You'd need to setup a server-swap function that could allow for you to enter "[A] town", and be put strait through to the server, "[A] - Town" from the server "Centre town", for example.

You would also need replication for all the people in the different maps. This could be done by making each server host a small area outside it's own, with a central 'neutral' server, unable to be taken, that would hold all of the players stats and use SSL type encryption using certs to insure lack of haxing. (use 1024bit encryption and setup a single body of management for the "centre" server.)

I'm not saying it wouldn't take a few years, but it could be done. However it'd probly be better to download the Quake source and hack away at that instead.

I'm sure points one 1) and 3) would need a engine source editing.

And yeah, in theory a lot of stuff is possible, but in practice, look, people still haven't managed to make up a single decent RPG project and most of them by their intentions look like a fly in comparison to an elephant :)
Dae
Alpha

Postby DarkKnight » Fri May 05, 06 9:59 am

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:I'm sure points one 1) and 3) would need a engine source editing.

And yeah, in theory a lot of stuff is possible, but in practice, look, people still haven't managed to make up a single decent RPG project and most of them by their intentions look like a fly in comparison to an elephant :)

Yeah, no doubt you'd have to get dirty with the engine. (Hence the idea for quake; it's open source'd)

I think it's important to explain why it's a dream though, it's not that it can't be done, it's that it more then likely won't because no one, including my self, could give that much time.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Siva » Fri May 05, 06 10:26 pm

I dont get it, what does he want to do?
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby DarkKnight » Fri May 05, 06 11:10 pm

XII//:Prod1gy wrote:I dont get it, what does he want to do?

The idea is to make not a dx server or game type, but rather a world, or realm if you will.

At least to my understanding.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Gishank » Sat May 06, 06 7:54 am

Right, imperial, i highly and i really highly doubt anyone is going to join your project if you don't give them a discription. I've only just got sdk to work again :) Only one prob, i forgot how to place stuff but i can still map superbly.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Siva » Sat May 06, 06 9:09 am

Go play NeoCron.

The sheer filesize would kill us all.

And as far as I know, you can hardly map, skin, or code, so If you cant do any of it yourself.... Then your probably not going to get anywhere.
//..
Siva

Postby Imperial » Mon May 29, 06 6:28 pm

Neocron? Ne compremende.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Siva » Wed May 31, 06 12:52 pm

www.google.com -> It is your friend.
//..
Siva

Return to Modifications