New DXSG releases...

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

New DXSG releases...

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Jan 12, 07 8:30 pm

Thanks to Nobody, Atlantis, Mainman, Allan, Jon and err me! etc... coming soon I think...

get ready for epic battle. Area 51 has been nuked, it's the day after...

THIS TIME ITS WHORE!!!

Also in various stages of completion are DXSG_Smuggler, DXSG_Towers, DXSG_Cathedral... and DXMS work on DXSG_Silo_TheDayAfter...

DXSG_Smuggler, made by Atlantis, has a prison...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby MainMan » Fri Jan 12, 07 8:40 pm

MainMan? How am I involved? :?
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Spiderbot01 » Fri Jan 12, 07 10:10 pm

DXSG_Towers? I'm not entirely sure you should be editing other peoples work without permission..
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Dae » Fri Jan 12, 07 11:42 pm

Its conversion of the map to another gametype, with keeping the original author's name and the original maps name, -- nothing immoral IMO.

The other thing is when noobs take, for example, UnlimitedParty and release it under their names (e.g. "Mooks_UnlimitedParty") with a very slight difference of a few new objects in admin area.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Jon » Sat Jan 13, 07 2:13 am

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:nothing immoral IMO.

Quite the contrary; I know I would be personally offended if someone tried to tamper and edit my map without my consent - it would be my own work, being twisted into someone elses vision
Jon
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sat Jan 13, 07 10:32 am

Jon wrote: it would be my own work, being twisted into someone elses vision

Yes, but conversion is not twisting it in someone elses vision.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Jon » Sat Jan 13, 07 12:11 pm

Conversion is one thing, but adding or editing parts to include, for example, an underground base, is not conversion; it would be editing.
Jon
Alpha

Postby Dae » Sat Jan 13, 07 12:19 pm

Jon wrote:Conversion is one thing, but adding or editing parts to include, for example, an underground base, is not conversion; it would be editing.

In SG an underground base is the necessary part of the game, so I think it could be considered as conversion as well.
Dae
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Jan 13, 07 6:57 pm

Let me clear this up...

Mainman and Allan are involved cos they helped me to fix problems on my map...a tiny but crucial contribution which helped me to complete the map. I'm the sort of person who remembers these things and just wanted to make sure that I don't take credit for other people's efforts. It's all teamwork.

Which is why when the map is released, it will say the map is authored by Monte whatshisname and edited by me... Of course credit for the concept and creation of DXSG is [A]Nobody's right?

I have nothing to do with Towers2 or Smuggler. I was told that Nobody has edited Towers2 and Atlantis is finishing it off. I've seen it on the server and I think it looked very good, what I saw so far.

Of course no-one should use anothers work without permission.
I'm happy to consider myself a map editor, not a mapper.

I think there is:

1. Conversion
2. Editing
3. Extension of a map - e.g. building a base

What Dae mentioned about Unlimited, that's terrible, it's stealing...

The only maps I have ever edited or extended are original DX Single Player maps... or converted them with edits for MP.

If I ask myself, how is that I can map, the answer is because I learned from Steve Tack,NoChance, CG Hitman, Jon, Magus, Chris, Spidey, Mainman, Allan, Vodun etc etc even IchoTolot taught me something very fundamental about mapping and he's not even a mapper...

teamwork ftw
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby synthetic » Sat Jan 13, 07 8:30 pm

on a slightly other note, shadowrunner you always play with dx graphics quality like this?
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Jan 13, 07 9:27 pm

since I fried my brand new nvidia 5200 about 2 years ago, by doing something stupid...yes.

I mean to buy a computer good enough to run a server and play at the same time, but various issues have put this on hold. At the moment I use a 1.1 GHZ AMD with inbuilt card. It's a good computer though, probably I just need a new motherboard and card to pwn u all... I had a 1.3 AMD as well I used when first started DX, but the motherboard was cheap and nasty...

I turn off "curved surfaces" and have detail "low" etc... even so I never get even 20 fps, but usually slightly over 10 fps.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby KillerZ » Sun Jan 21, 07 7:34 pm

Most common DX Players should know that I am {M}ATLANTIS, and that KillerZ Was my First DX Name.
Progress of DXSG_Smuggler is going smoothly, and the base is almost complete, but there is a small fact. this could never have been done withugh Nobody to create this mod. ( lol )

The base is almost complete.. Stargate and everything, now all it needs is a fancy little alarm.
KillerZ
Poster

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Jan 22, 07 5:04 pm

Since I'm still working on adding the light- and alarm-system of DXSG_Area51_TheDayAfter, I can't help you with your alarm system at the moment, sorry. :(
However, as you've seen yesterday, the new moverclass itself worked well, so this can be added, I think.

PS: Why don't you change your forum name to your current name?
You can do this in your profile.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby The RZA » Mon Jan 22, 07 10:35 pm

I enjoy looking at Atlantises work, he always asks me to help him and stuff. Is he working on 3 SG maps now?

God Made Dirt, and Dirt Will Bust Yo' Ass!
The RZA
Alpha

Postby KillerZ » Sat Jan 27, 07 7:03 pm

No. Only DXSG_Smuggler and DXSG_HangarStorage
KillerZ
Poster

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Apr 06, 07 3:01 pm

I was looking at hangar_storage, it has great potential... 2 motorways/freeways/autobahns running either side of the compound, plus those semi solid "hangars" which could be removed to free up so much more space... That map is huge...

good luck with it...

I posted in the other thread about DXSG map suggestions, I wait for feedback and the consensus and then I am ready to start another one...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Return to Modifications